Thread: INPA error codes - Don't understand these ones

My Cars
    1995 730iL (M60B30)

INPA error codes - Don't understand these ones

Hey guys,

Just hooked my car up to INPA again for the first time in a few weeks, and the only errors present were two in the Transmission section. They read as follows;

153 TL_MES
    154 WDK_BL

Both had the text 'Label Byte 21' and 'Plausibility' noted below them. Any ideas what these mean? I can't find ANY info on these codes... Both errors only showed an occurence amount of 1 - 153 happened at 352rpm, and 154 happened at 652rpm.

Could these be in some way related to my rough starts? I've never had them before and the only thing that's changed is that a few weeks back I reset the adaptaion values on the transmission... Maybe that's what's caused them. They're a mystery to me

My Cars
    Left / Right Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobek View Post
    Hey guys,

Just hooked my car up to INPA again for the first time in a few weeks, and the only errors present were two in the Transmission section. They read as follows;

153 TL_MES
    154 WDK_BL

Both had the text 'Label Byte 21' and 'Plausibility' noted below them. Any ideas what these mean? I can't find ANY info on these codes... Both errors only showed an occurence amount of 1 - 153 happened at 352rpm, and 154 happened at 652rpm.

Could these be in some way related to my rough starts? I've never had them before and the only thing that's changed is that a few weeks back I reset the adaptaion values on the transmission... Maybe that's what's caused them. They're a mystery to me

Alright.....

So which Version of INPA are you using????

Which "E38" section of INPA are you poking aroung in???

Body?

Transmission?

Engine???

Chassis??

Communication Systems???

And what are your syptoms????

Also have you tried any OTHER software to aquire the same codes??? ( i.e Dis v57 or Something )
    Insta: @Ella.Emanuelle.Rose

1998 BMW 740iL - M62 - Projekt "Allyssa" ( Nicht Aktiv )
    2001 BMW 750iL - M73 - Projekt "Hanna" ( Aktiv )
    2001 BMW 740iS - M62Tü - Projekt "Lea" ( Akitv )

V12 Klubmitglied <3

My Cars
    1995 730iL (M60B30)
    Haha, sorry I guess I should have elaborated on the specifics (you get so used to something you don't realize that there's other choices!). I'm using v6.4.3. I hit Shift+F5 to reach the 'old' section, then on the E38 I went to the Transmission section. That's where these codes come up... The only other section that even works is Engine and that was clear of error codes this time.

No 'symptoms' as such with the car. I've had my rough starts as mentioned in my other thread (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1818917 - it's a bit of a hodge podge of information but that's the full story so far). It is a little hard on the shifts from 2 to 3 and from 3 down to 2, but I'm changing the filter and oil and hopefully that might clear things up there. The RPMs noted with both errors might indicate the cause for them occurred at idle, but that's the best I've got to go on.

I'm mostly just curious to find out what those specific errors mean... Seems the only people discussing them are on some German forums and no one there appears to have any idea what the codes mean. Just hoping someone's seen them before or has access to more information! I have got Carsoft but I haven't read the codes through that yet. Might do that tonight to see if it interprets things differently.

My Cars
    1995 730iL (M60B30)
    Sorry for the late reply... I finally got around to hooking the car up to Carsoft instead of INPA, and it's given me the same error codes only this time with some actual useful information;

So those are the only errors present. What do you make of them? They both suggest I check the EGS unit connections - should I just disconnect and reconnect that to be sure, or will that cause other unwanted issues if I unplug it at all? Also, not to be daft, but is the EGS unit just in the same box as the fuses in the engine bay near the firewall? I've had that open a couple of times in the last couple of months so maybe something got a bit jostled in there.

Thanks again

My Cars
    2x01 750, 01 740
    If there was just 1 occurrence, I would clear it and see if it comes back. I'm guessing just a fluke.

My Cars
    1995 730iL (M60B30)
    I'm pretty sure that I saw at least one of those two errors about 3 months ago. I cleared it then and it never came back so I didn't believe there to be an issue. It only just occurred to me that I'd seen one of them before so, maybe there is a genuine problem there? Bit strange that it would only occur so many months apart though...

Still, would it do any harm if I disconnected and reconnected the EGS unit? Maybe it really just is some iffy cabling.

My Cars
    2x01 750, 01 740
    I would say probably just CAN bus noise. Not a terribly important signal either; just pedal position.
    WDS is your friend for finding modules: http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/zinfo/E38_EA8600F.htm for RHD.

My Cars
    1995 730iL (M60B30)
    Cool, thanks. I'll clear the codes tomorrow morning and see if they return within the next week. If not, we can probably just chalk it up to 'noise' as you say