Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Tires Too Big? 2007 328I

My Cars
    2007 328I

Tires Too Big? 2007 328I

Hi, I recently purchased a 2007 328I. It came with the standard 16's but with regular tires, not run flats, and no spare. Additionaly the 2 rear tires, are almost done, and the wheels have a little bit of curb rash, so I'm thinking of upgrading, but have a question about a wheel/tire combination I found. The front wheels are 18x8, and rear wheels are 18x8.5. It's the tire size that come with the wheels that I'm questioning. The tire sizes are 235/40/18, and 265/35/18. The tires are Hankook Ice Bear. I haven't heard of this brand before, but I did some searches and found suprisingly very good reviews. I think they are more for winter, but since I'm in NJ I'm not so concerned, we get plenty of winter. So back to the tire size. In searches on this site for similar wheel sizes I normaly see a width of 255 for these wheels and am wondering if 265 is too big. Does the tire/wheel combination make sense for this vehicle? If you could also recommend the appropriate size tires for the front and back it would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Fsacc350; 04-08-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Add additional question