Thread: Finally...

My Cars
    Honda prelude

Finally...

I've been lurking this forum since 2009. I finally decided to attend UTI and a year later was just accepted to STEP in Arizona.

I was hoping to get some suggestions from current and past students on housing. What is the average rent I should be paying over there? I'm looking for a 1br apt. Any leads?

I'm probably going to just fly over and use a bicycle or walk to class. Driving across the country will be about $500. A transport looks to be around $1,000.

My Cars
    1958 250 TR 0666
    I don't know about the exact price because I'm not an expert on that area but I would recommend you use Craigslist to find a price range and available places near your school. That is what / how I found my place to live when I had to move across country for a job.

And that is a smart move not moving / transporting to school now because you might have to use that money to move to where the job is once you get out of STEP if no one around where you live is hiring. It cost me around $1500 to move 2000 miles with a truck and a trailer with my car on it.

Good luck.

PS. Looking for a single room for rent would be a lot cheaper than a whole 1br apt.

I dunno nothin bout no cars...

My Cars
    fast M6, faster camaro
    When i was there in 2007 i paid $400/mo for a room in a house that the owner rented out to only MSAT students (my roommates were Audi). it was a really nice house, fully furnished with a sweet pool........... but it's been a while and i don't remember a thing about who to contact for it...

My Cars
    1991 Chevy C1500
    Great! When do you start?

People pay an average of $500 or so a month. There are a few apt. complexes within bike distance.

My Cars
    Honda prelude
    I start in July.

I'm going to be done here in Exton next month. There's a harbor freight nearby that sells tool boxes. I was thinking of picking one up before I go back to NY.

Does a step student entering a dealership usually start out with service cart?

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...art-95272.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...net-68784.html

My Cars
    m3, 318is, chevelle, m3
    personally i would avoid HF and search craigslist

also check with your tool truck guys trying to offload used boxes/carts

i picked up a sweet cart from my snapon guy for $150

If I was making a choice between tool box and cart to start out... i would definetly get a kick ass tool cart... i.e. snapon, matco, mac. You can store more tools in there than you can afford when you are starting out... and move it to where you are working. By the way... no rush yet as you still have to go through step... so it gives you time to check CL and Fleabay

that being said... everyone has budget constraints... and if you want to get the HF ones... at least pick yourself up this months car and driver magazine... there is a coupon for the hf cart in there for 150... maybe the cab as well... car and driver usually have the best hf coupons

but my opinion... go for quality

just to show you how much stuff a tool cart will hold

check out this blue one:

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showt...t=cart&page=29

My Cars
    m3, 318is, chevelle, m3
    just to show you how much stuff a tool cart will hold

check out this blue one:

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showt...t=cart&page=29

My Cars
    1991 Chevy C1500
    Yeah, I heard them saying something about another STEP class starting in July... I wonder how that is going to work. We are going to have 2 STEP classes, one FastTrack class, and one lab. There are only 2 classrooms... Im interested to see how it works out.