Thread: Alarm siren how to test it?

My Cars
    1997 528i

Alarm siren how to test it?

Im wondering if theres a way to test if the siren for the alarm is working on my car? because when i lock or unlock theres no sound and the light dont even flash. and when i press on the panic button the light are flashing but theres no sound! i heard theres a option at the dealer they can remove the sound of the alarm but is there a way i can test it? to see if its the siren is diffective. where can i get the wire and conect them to a 12v to see its the siren work without removing the wheel...

My Cars
    Formerly 03' 540i
    Hold the trunk botton for 3 seconds or more is usually the way to test.

Maybe the fuse in the trunk is not there/blown? Check #48 "Anti theft Alarm system"

The flash is programmable, but i'm not sure about the alarm though.

Has it always not beeped/flashed, or is it recent?

In my case, when Fuse #48 was removed, the car would flash, but no beep when i locked/unlocked it. (never tried to test the alarm though)
    Last edited by Dking078; 03-18-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    2003 BMW 540i [Sterling Gray / Gray]
    [Msport] [Mods from A-Z] [Two-Tone Interior]

Stuff For Sale :
    All types of E39 OEM Used HVAC Buttons
    Other E39 Parts, see my ebay! [Click]

My Cars
    1997 528i
    since i bought the car 1 years ago the oem alarm never worked.

if i hold the trunk button the light of the car are flashing but there no sound coming from the siren! theres a fuse in the trunk just for the siren?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    what if you drop a pin to the ground may turn on the siren.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    You're going to have to get to the alarm siren itself to see if it is unplugged or has failed.

Initiating the panic button procedure should activate the alarm siren as well as the lights.

The coding off the audible alerts for arming/disarming doesn't shut down the alarm....just as coding off the visual alerts for arming/disarming doesn't shut down your headlights. The visual & audible alerts are specific to arming/disarming DWA (anti-theft alarm siren)...and shouldn't affect the alarm for any other purpose like PANIC, or if the interior motion sensor, tilt sensor, hood sensor, or door sensors are tampered with.

See arm/disarm acknowledgment in the pic below...you can have either the visual or audible alerts turned on or off...but again, this does NOT affect the alarm siren from sounding off when a monitor detects an interruption:

Last edited by Qsilver7; 03-18-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)