95 M3, Daytona Violet, Tons of recent maintence
Car sold today, thanks for the interest.
There comes a time when every car must be sold, even if its like a kid to you, and I have decided that it’s time to say goodbye to mine as I decided to purchase a more practical car (needed 4 doors). I am selling my Daytona Violet M3 on Black Interior with Vaders and a 5 Speed. Modifications are listed below. As you will see in pictures below, it is in good condition with a complete set of records from every owner back to the original. The car is garaged every night.
It’s cleaned using Pinnacle Wax and Cleaning Supplies on a biweekly basis. Oil is changed at 3000 miles and 93 octane has always been used in the tank. It has been an enthusiast owned car since its original European delivery in early 1995. It currently has ~191,000 miles on it and ~90k miles on the current s50, transmission and differential (records of this swap are included in the 3 inch thick binder of records, leakdown tests confirmed 185psi+ across all cylinders after the new cylinder head).
I would like to sell this to another enthusiast such as myself who will enjoy it as much as I do. It would make a perfect track/autox car in its current state, just remove the interior and slap in a race seat/cage. It should run BSP in its current state, although I never have run it because it was my daily. As for other forms of racing, I am not too sure on classing.
Recent Maintenance: (all within the last 20k miles/2 years)
- Full Suspension Refresh
- Bilstein PSS9 Coil-overs Installed with Vorshlag C/C Plates
- Complete Rear Suspension Rebuild
- Complete Cooling System Overall
- Reupholstered Headliner
- All Fluids Flushed and Replaced Completely with either OEM BMW or Redline/Amsoil products
- Brand New Stereo from Kenwood with a Rockford Fosgate Amp and Polk Audio Components
- Fresh Wax, etc
- Brand New Cylinder Head (OEM BMW, from the dealer) and Elrig Head gasket, all upper gaskets, hoses, etc were replaced at this time
- Fresh Oil Pump was installed when engine was replaced, along with engine and transmission mounts.
- Fresh Alignment
- New NGK Iridium (7 Heat Range) spark plugs
- New Fuel Filter
- New Coilpacks, also swapped to OBD2 valve cover as the magnesium one was leaking.
- New vanos unit (rebuilt with beisan systems seal kit), upper timing chain, timing chain tensioners, lifters etc
- Just passed inspection in North Carolina, good until March 2013
- Hail Damage from a night we were working on a friends car in my garage (can be easily pdr'd)
- Holes are left in the trunk lid from the old spolier
- Input Shaft Seal is leaking on the differential (why I parked currently (because im paranoid mostly) and can be replaced before selling the car if needed)
- Parking Brake is not currently installed, and will be before the car is sold.
- Interior Door Panels have seen better days (common for 95s)
- I would like to keep the head unit and amp that are currently installed if possible, they were an important gift, and a stock headunit and amp can be installed before sale if need be.
-Typical VANOS Rattle
-Upper window trim needs to be repainted/replaced
-Id repaint the front bumper and grill piece, typical highway rock chips
Commonly Asked Questions:
- Clutch was replaced with the engine swap before purchasing the car, so about 30k miles ago.
- A small accident was recorded and the hood was the only panel that was replaced, every other vin sticker was original. I have the police report for this as it was a strange accident involving something blowing off a truck and hitting the hood.
The Mod List:
-24lb Fuel Injectors
-Euro 3.5" HFM
-Jim Conforti 3.5" Cold Air Intake
-Amsoil Dry Filter
-Jim Conforti Tune
-AKG Engine and Transmission Mounts
-B&M Short Throw Shifter
-PLX DM-100 with Water (in the head) and Oil Temp (in the oil pan) Monitored
-Euro M3 Cooling Bottle Retrofit
-Bimmerworld Aluminum Radiator
-Aluminum Thermostat Housing
-Stromung Catback Exhaust
-SPAL Fan in Place of Aux Fan (Aux Seized)
-Dinan Front/Rear Stabilizer Bars
-Vorshlag Caster/Camber Plates
-UUC Gen 3 Barbarian Front/Rear Sway Bars
-Reinforced Front sub-frame
-AKG Subframe and Differential Bushings
-SPC Rear Camber Arms with Shims
-AKG Swaybar and RTAB Pocket Reinforcements (for own personal sanity)
-ZKW Euro Headlights
-4500k 55w HIDs in the Low Beams
-Smoked Front/Side/Rear Lenses
-97+ Style Front Grill (Gunmetal)
Wheel and Tire:
-SSR GT2s, 18x8.5 Fresh Paint, No Bends or Nothing
-Continental DW Tires (<1000 miles) (235-35-18)
-Bimmerworld Stud Conversion (stock bolts included)
-Suede Shift Boot and Ebrake Boot
-ZHP Shift Knob
-ATE Type 200 Fluid
-Bimmerworld SS Lines
-Performance Friction Pads
-Polk Audio db5251 5.25" Components and 1" Tweeters in the Front
-Polk Audio MM691 3-way 6x9s in the Rear
-18 Button OBC Retrofit
There are also a ton of other parts replaced not really listed, I just have to dig up the records again
Also Included with Sale:
- Reiger Rear Bumper (if you want it)
- Painted Mouldings
- New Silver LTW Flags, old ones were removed due to age.
- Spare Engine Block
- A Whole Crap Ton of Spares and Used Parts, enough to fill the car
The car currently is located in Cary NC, near Panther Creek High School and i540.
Note: These are photos I have taken over the time I have owned the car, some mods have been removed/added over this time.
Last edited by Volcom8190; 03-17-2012 at 03:54 PM.
2012 MS3 - Crystal White Pearl
Go: Cobb AP - Blue Waffle Racing Tune - Autotech FP Internals - CorkSport SRI/TIH - JBR Dogbone RMM - SURE Street Grade PMM and TMM - Corksport Exhaust - SURE Anchors - NGK Plugs - CPe Downpipe - CPe Deltacore FMIC
Other: Rally Armor Mudflaps - JBR Shift Knob - Plastic Dip