Thread: New MULF module installed, voice recognition in German, how to change using SSS ?

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan

New MULF module installed, voice recognition in German, how to change using SSS ?

Hello

So my MULF bluetooth module died and I ordered a new one, installed it, everything is good apart from all the voice stuff being in german :P

I know it can be coded to change the language and people have said to use something called MOST optolyzer. But I assume that SSS can probably do it. Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions on how I would do this with SSS.

Regards,
    Aleks

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks001 View Post
    Hello

So my MULF bluetooth module died and I ordered a new one, installed it, everything is good apart from all the voice stuff being in german :P

I know it can be coded to change the language and people have said to use something called MOST optolyzer. But I assume that SSS can probably do it. Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions on how I would do this with SSS.

Regards,
    Aleks
    The more and more I've read on this. I'm pretty certain now that the language can not be changed. Ohwells.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Before you give up, I would try finding out the software number of a US version an flashing with winkfp.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Before you give up, I would try finding out the software number of a US version an flashing with winkfp.
    Thanks mate will try. The funny thing is that the part number I used to buy the part is the same and works on the getbmwparts.com website as well

Apparently the guys I bought it from thing that it might be changeable with autologic, It will be pretty much impossible to find someone in AUS with this software. We will see what happens after I have finished updating everything with winkfp.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Oh, then have you tried NCS expert?

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Oh, then have you tried NCS expert?
    I have hence the other post with the error SYS-0005: OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND.

That's what I get when I click on the MULF module I get that error. It looks like some sort of file is missing I was hopping I could click processes ecu and it would give me a dump and there might be language settings ^.^

But I have no idea what file it needs to avoid this SYS-0005 error. There must be like some sort of module description file somewhere.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan
    I tried re-flashing the the software with WINKFP to the same part number as in inpa UIF under vin it was coming up as ???? and nothing changed (Apart from it having the vin in the UIF and not ??? anymore ). But I did waste a good 2.5 hours :P

German it is :P

OMFG PEOPLE IT CAN BE DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

First of all I think lots of people owe an appology to bimmernav, I cant count how many people have been abusing him over this issue and the whole time he has been saying it can be done, and it's just the BMW mechanics that suck.

Well he was right

Here's my story:

Before I even start, people, don't use SSS/progman for anything, the software is a joke. Winkfp, ncsexpert are much better alternatives.

I have a 2006 325i Sedan. My bluetooth module died (Non iI\-drive car) . I used realoem found the part I need, ordered it etc etc Fitted the part everything was good, except when I pressed voice recognition it started talking to me in german. ((

I looked through countless threads with everyone saying, this can't be done, bimmernav ripped them off blah blah etc. To this today, I though it was over and I would just have to get use to it in German.

But then

I thought I would give NCSExpert one more go since, I updated a lot of files from V41 daten stuff. Anyways this time I clicked on the MULF module, dumped the TRC file, opened the TRC file and guess what is the first line.

sprache
    deutsch

So I save the file over the man file, change the deutsch to

sprache
    englisch

Do the code.

Press the voice button and the most beautiful words come out. Please add telephone ahahha

For those of you reading this that are going how do you setup ncs expert and use it. I really can''t help. I'm ultra noob at it as I just started using it and I had to keep flicking back and forth through the doco as I was doing this.

BUT THE MAIN POINT IS:

IT CAN BE DONE )))))))))))))))))))

Also it would be great if someone could have a look and tell me what any of these other options are as I don't speak german :P Is there one to say sync phonebook contacts as it currently isn't syncing with my iphone 4. But I have a feeling that's just because the iphone has the latest firmware and apple has screwed something up.

SPRACHE
    englisch

BT_UFN
    wert_01

EMERGENCY_NUMBER
    wert_01

SYNCML
    nicht_aktiv

AUDIO_SETUP_2
    wert_01

DPD
    wert_01

TEL_BUCH_ASYNC_CONTROL
    most_async_channel

UNICODE
    nicht_aktiv

DUN_EIN_AUS
    aktiv

SORTING_VARIANT_2MULF
    standard

PHONE_TYPE_JAPAN
    nicht_aktiv

MIC2MOST
    nicht_aktiv

RESPONSE_ON_HOLD
    nicht_aktiv

RING_TONE
    wert_01

BT_OBJECT_PUSH
    nicht_aktiv

BT_BEDIENHOERER_C12
    nicht_aktiv

CONTACT_LIST_C12
    nicht_aktiv

DISABLE_NOKIA_WA
    nicht_aktiv

INCOMING_CALL_LIST_C12
    nicht_aktiv

MULTI_PARTY_CALL_C12
    nicht_aktiv

SMS_EIN_AUS_C12
    nicht_aktiv

SVS_EIN_AUS_3
    aktiv

PHONEBOOK_NAME_DISPL_ORD
    last_first
    Last edited by aleks001; 03-03-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2008 BMW 123d
    If you still want to syncronize the phonebook try to change the comand SYNCML into AKTIV.
    Regards

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan
    Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring up such and old thread. This weekend I'm going to try changing the SYNCML to AKTIV as mentioned by darwinland and will update the results.

Regards,
    Aleks

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan
    Bad news, it didn't work. Tried it both with and iphone 5s and nokia 1020. Oh well no contacts for me

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Would you not also need to change CONTACT_LIST_C12 to aktiv?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Save 5 Euros on the purchase price of a Genuine Carly for BMW adapter by entering voucher code ZAG6FX into your shopping cart when purchasing from the Carly Apps website.
    Last edited by David Mc; 09-27-2015 at 10:37 AM.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Would you not also need to change CONTACT_LIST_C12 to aktiv?
    I don't know that's why I'm on this forum :P I'll go try it now

- - - Updated - - -

YAYYYYY IT WORKED !!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help. I hope this helps someone in the future. CONTACT_LIST_C12 to aktiv fixed my issue. I don't know if the SYNCML needed to be enabled as well. But they are both enabled now and all my contacts from an Iphone 5s have downloaded to the car.

Also to give some background if anyone comes searching for this:

Car: 2006 BMW 325i non-idrive model.
    Problem: Contacts not syncing to the car. When people call their names come up and last dialed also names come up so it was getting the information but not displaying in the phonebook. All you could see was a directory of letters with no names.
    Solution: Using ncs expert, selected the MULF module I installed about two years ago (I believe it has software from 2008 though). I re-encoded the car changing SYNCML and CONTACT_LIST_C12 to aktiv.

Regards,
    ALeks
    Last edited by aleks001; 09-27-2015 at 03:47 AM.

My Cars
    E70
    Hi

I have the same problem, contacts not syncing, what module has the CONTACT_LIST_C12 and SYNCML options? can't find the options on my C-APP module?