Thread: Android Torque Pro

My Cars
    2006 530xit / 1995 m3

Android Torque Pro

Just downloaded Torque Pro for android last night, and bought a fleebay obdii bluetooth hookup.

It's pretty awesome, it does 1/4mile, 1/8mile, engine speed, gps vs car speeds... freakin sweet. Also it tracks your course with your speeds... far as i know it keeps it local to your phone. I hope

I was wondering if anyone else downloaded this, and what kind of meters or gauges you use.
    2006 530xiT [02/15/14]
    1995 M3 Avus [08/15/13]
    2002 525iT[07/19/12]
    2002 530i [05/12/12]
    1999 Z3 [04/23/12]
    1995 M3 Cosmo [10/28/12][sold: 2/xx/14] // 1997 528i [10/26/10][sold:10/13/12] // 2002 325i [sold] // 1990 325i [sold] // 2000 323i [crashed]

My Cars
    E46iT- Coma E36- RIP E34
    Haven't had time to play with mine yet...i really wanted it to read AFR, but it seems that it does not

I was able to use it for the purposes i intended. Very seldom i would get a CEL while under somewhat heavy acceleration, but next time or two i would start the car, the CEL cleared itself, so i could never check to see what code was being thrown for that short period. I bought the PLX Kiwi since i heard to much bad things about the cheap china ones and plugged it in. When the CEL came on, i fired up the Kiwi Bluetooth connection, turn my phone bluetooth on and launch the Torque App. Once everything connected, i went into fault codes and read the code p0125 "Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control" ...still don't know what the fack it means, but i screen shot it, and reset the CEL on the fly! (yes while driving, but phone was mounted)

Pretty awesome stuff...reminds me i need to look into that CEL code, lol. I hope more information comes about regarding these OBDII diagnostic apps and our cars specifically, thanks for raising the question.
    Last edited by Captain; 12-28-2011 at 03:11 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 2.8L
    I bought an Google Nexus tablet and a OBD bluetooth adapter. So far I'm not having much luck displaying the data I want. AFR, and Car charging/battery Voltage. Maybe in time I'll learn how, or learn it's not possible with Torque Pro and my 1998 Z3. I would like to display oil pressure but I don't think my car has a analog oil press sensor.

It is displaying engine temperature and I set the alarm at 220F.

Torque apparently isn't receiving much data from the ECU. Maybe because my Z3 is and old car.

This thread went dead fast?

My Cars
    97 328i vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Haven't had time to play with mine yet...i really wanted it to read AFR, but it seems that it does not

I was able to use it for the purposes i intended. Very seldom i would get a CEL while under somewhat heavy acceleration, but next time or two i would start the car, the CEL cleared itself, so i could never check to see what code was being thrown for that short period. I bought the PLX Kiwi since i heard to much bad things about the cheap china ones and plugged it in. When the CEL came on, i fired up the Kiwi Bluetooth connection, turn my phone bluetooth on and launch the Torque App. Once everything connected, i went into fault codes and read the code p0125 "Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control" ...still don't know what the fack it means, but i screen shot it, and reset the CEL on the fly! (yes while driving, but phone was mounted)

Pretty awesome stuff...reminds me i need to look into that CEL code, lol. I hope more information comes about regarding these OBDII diagnostic apps and our cars specifically, thanks for raising the question.
    ive got a slim obd to bluetooth radio and it reads a/f fine,

Torque works flawlessly! 98 328i 2012 evo 4g LTE

Quote Originally Posted by DuWop View Post
    I bought an Google Nexus tablet and a OBD bluetooth adapter. So far I'm not having much luck displaying the data I want. AFR, and Car charging/battery Voltage. Maybe in time I'll learn how, or learn it's not possible with Torque Pro and my 1998 Z3. I would like to display oil pressure but I don't think my car has a analog oil press sensor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DuWop View Post

It is displaying engine temperature and I set the alarm at 220F.

Torque apparently isn't receiving much data from the ECU. Maybe because my Z3 is and old car.

This thread went dead fast?

Ive got the same engine and mine works, getting the adapter to talk to you phone/tab is tricky, i forget the password but you have to set the baud rate and port accordingly i believe, or maybe that was just on my computer. It was handy when I was trying to set the coldest possible temperature for my intake to make the mix a bit more rich to compensate for my CAI and M50 intake.
    Last edited by hvguy; 03-27-2014 at 02:09 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 2.8L
    If you want a richer mixture at cruse put a resistor (around 900K ohms) inline with the upstream O2 sensor wire (legal off road except California). I don't think the resistor will have any effect on your WOT AFR because WOT is controlled by an internal fuel map that ignores the O2 sensor.. You will need to install a AFR gauge if want to install the resistor.

I installed a plugin in Torque Pro that may allow me to read more sensors. I'll be testing it later today.

My Cars
    2011 335XI coupe
    I installed a plugin in Torque Pro that may allow me to read more sensors
    Any more info. on the name of the add on? I am using pro and it works great, would be nice to see this add on.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 2.8L
    Quote Originally Posted by ugo4it View Post
    Any more info. on the name of the add on? I am using pro and it works great, would be nice to see this add on.

This one. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...owl.torquescan

It will find the sensors that can be read. It found the O2 sensors but torque can not display AFR. It only displays O2 voltage which could be converted to AFR but it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Do not install "DashCommand" example App. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ce.DashCommand

I installed the App then uninstalled it. Now my android tablet's OBD2 Apps can not talk with the ECU (the bluetooth adapter is paired with the tablet and recognized by Torque Pro, but no data transfers). I re-installed DashCommand and it will talk to the ECU. I think the seller did this on purpose to force people to buy his App for $9.99, then he sells customers the rest of the App for an additional $9.99, which allows one to read CEL codes. He is a tricky jerk.

I managed to get torque pro to talk / connect with the ECU by uninstalling, then installing, all Apps on my tablet, which resulted in other problems. Bottom line, DashCommand screwed up my android tablet. Do not install the demo App!!!!
    Last edited by DuWop; 04-04-2014 at 11:12 AM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 2.8L
    Torque indicates my engine temp is reaching 210F at times although I installed a 180 F thermostat and a radiator coolant exit temp switch that turns the radiator fan on high at approximately 190 F. My mechanical fan has been removed/fan delete. If the engine temp ever reaches 220F I'll need to do something. 210F does not worry me.

My Cars
    BMW 2010
    Which version you are using?

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 2.8L
    torque pro,

btw my engine temp was going over 200 f (never exceeded 210f ) during normal driving conditions around town. It stays around 194f when cursing on the HW with ambient around 88 f. The temp around here hasn't been over 90 f so far this summer so I won't know if there is a real problem until I see some higher temperatures.

It doesn't seem to matter if the AC is on or off. ated - - -

I did manage to find a voltage reading with the add on, but it was the voltage the computer/DME was getting, around 12 V, which is likely due to a voltage regulator in the computer. . Normal charging voltage is approximately 14 V which is what I wanted to monitor, so I installed a volt gauge.
    Torque add on link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...owl.torquescan

A fellow told me he changed his transmission then later found that the alternator voltage regulator failed high which caused the transmission module to go crazy, which caused his transmission shifting problems . $$$$ down the tube.
    Last edited by DuWop; 07-06-2014 at 11:33 PM.