BAVToys

Thread: Missing Ballast For CCFL Spyder Headlight

My Cars

Missing Ballast For CCFL Spyder Headlight

Hello everyone. I just bought http://www.spyderauto.com/product.ph...adlights-Black this headlight on ebay. When I went to get it installed by this local shop and they told me it's missing one part. The guy told me that the Halo Ballast is missing. Any idea if I can buy one anywhere?

My Cars
    BMW M3 - Dodge Ram - GSX
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible - Imola Red

2005 Ram 1500 HEMI Laramie AWD

1997 BMW M3

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    Return the headlights, you bought total junk. I am sure the light output will be horrible on them and not worth any effort to put on your car.

My Cars
    96 Z3 Roadster
    old thread I know, but I found it looking for info...

FWIW they're not CCFL, they're LED Angels so they don't need the ballast / inverter

they just splice to whatever circuit you want to activate them

I just spent too much time trying to figger out how to wire them up the Z3 version YD-PRO-BMWZ396-HL-BK correctly. the assy's have a DRL at 6:00 in the high beam, I thought the wires for those were the inverter leads. oh well. makes life easier anyway. now I just need to decide whether I want the DRL's on at all, trigger them to the low mounted fog's or their own switch?

yeah, I know they aren't the biggest baddest out there obviously for $200 they look a lot better than my completely whacked almost 20 years old stock lenses... maybe i'll do some restore & retrofit on them some day but for now I have clear lenses & crappy Angels hahaha

My Cars
    1999 323i Vert
    Uh... I don't think all angel eyes are LED. I've had my HID w/angel eyes for 7+ years now and have had the ballast/inverter go out at least twice. I'll see about splicing directly in...