Thread: 1.9 Aero Sideskirts / Aero Bumpers

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D

1.9 Aero Sideskirts / Aero Bumpers

So, the was a major screwup in the other group buy. Seems like we're getting 1.9 skirts rather than the face-lifted ones. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but it was a combination of the dealership trying to get rid of old stock, and me not being meticulous enough when I was ordering them.

Anyway, as much of a major fail as this is for those of us in the group buy, I'm offering the side skirts to anybody with a 1.9 in case anybody wants some. The dealership also has the aero package front/rear bumpers in stock (which I've triple checked this time!), so if you want the full kit, there are a few available. From what I've gathered, these are the last ones available from BMW. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Note the front bumper will bolt up to any Z3 without any fitment issues. I think it actually looks better than an M bumper with the flippers.

Here are some pics:

The side skirts are lower than standard 1.9 skirts and have a deeper cut, similar to the normal 6-cyl side skirts. The front has a molded lip, and the rear has a lower valence.
    Last edited by LAWLence; 11-30-2011 at 12:19 AM.

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Aero package for the 4cyl or the 6cyl?

My Cars
    97 Z3 2.8, 98 M Coupe
    The aero bumper should fit any model, right? But I guess the skirts and rear will only fit the 1.9.

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbuchanan View Post
    The aero bumper should fit any model, right? But I guess the skirts and rear will only fit the 1.9.
    No, the 4cyl areo kit is rather tame by comparison.

It would fit, but I don't see the point.

4cyl:

6cyl:

My Cars
    96 Z3 DASC, 07 E92 328i
    Dang I was about to opt in but the skirt looks about the same. Is the price still about the same?
    “Speed has never killed anyone.... Suddenly becoming stationary, thats what gets you.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Supercharged

My Cars
    RX-78-2, RX-93v
    No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    Millenium Falcon
    Pictures of the whole 1.9 aero kit installed are in this thread:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...php?p=18854795

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    Quote Originally Posted by setho1993 View Post
    Dang I was about to opt in but the skirt looks about the same. Is the price still about the same?
    Yes, price is the same. They look more like regular 6cyl sideskirts. It's an improvement over the stock ones for sure, but not as awesome as the 6cyl aero skirts.

My Cars
    97 Z3 2.8, 98 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    No, the 4cyl areo kit is rather tame by comparison.

It would fit, but I don't see the point.

4cyl:

Yeah, looks quite similar to the standard Z3 6cyl bumper.

My Cars
    Millenium Falcon
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbuchanan View Post
    Yeah, looks quite similar to the standard Z3 6cyl bumper.
    It's really a standard 4 cylinder bumper with a small lip added to the front edge... not even to the lower edge. Kind of a disappointment for an aero kit.

My Cars
    01 BMW 330ci convertible
    Just out of curiousity, how much are we talking about?
    2001 BMW 330 CI
    2006 Merc C230

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    Shipping prices depend on where you are in the country.

Again, if you want the whole kit, I can wait on ordering the front/rear bumpers, but the side skirts have to be paid for right now.

Buddy overseas just sent me pics of the skirts.

If there's no interest within the next week or so, these are going back to the dealership.
    Last edited by LAWLence; 12-08-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    the aero bumper for the 6-cyl is sexy, besides those frickin fog lights, yank those out and put in a snorkel because racecar!

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Grylls View Post
    the aero bumper for the 6-cyl is sexy, besides those frickin fog lights, yank those out and put in a snorkel because racecar!
    Perfect for sticking a couple of brake ducts through!

My Cars
    Z3, M5
    Are the bumpers you're gonna order the one with round fog holes, or the 1.9 style w/ the oversize lower lip?

Also, if we order the whole kit, can we still order the side skirts too? Or too late?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Joemamaman; 12-01-2011 at 12:14 PM.

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemamaman View Post
    Are the bumpers you're gonna order the one with round fog holes, or the 1.9 style w/ the oversize lower lip?

Also, if we order the whole kit, can we still order the side skirts too? Or too late?
    Thanks!
    No, it's the one pictured above with the lip. Skirts are still available for a limited time... I need to send refunds back to everybody, so if you're gonna plop down for the kit, I'd like to take deposits for the skirts first.

My Cars
    Coupe, 997 Targa4S, 911
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWLence View Post
    Here are some pics:

.....looks like a Miata replica/conversion .

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    That's basically what a 1.9 is

My Cars
    96 Z3
    Any idea on shipping cost to east coast ZIP 29485? I could use a set of skirts

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    Sent you a PM.

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    bump
    Sending the side skirts back on monday, so this weekend is your last chance to order!

My Cars
    S52 M Coupe
    I honestly like that front bumper. It's half M half 1.9. If the 6 cyl one was like that I'd be tempted to buy it. The rear bumper on that car is grossly over sized though. It looks like a bad body kit.

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    Quote Originally Posted by panasonic View Post
    I honestly like that front bumper. It's half M half 1.9. If the 6 cyl one was like that I'd be tempted to buy it. The rear bumper on that car is grossly over sized though. It looks like a bad body kit.
    Good news is that the front bumpers fit all models!

My Cars
    S52 M Coupe
    Good news is that the front bumpers fit all models!
    All front bumpers fit all models. And I'm pretty sure the 4 cyl bumper matches the height of the side skirts more closely than the 6 cyl ones. I'd have to get new fog light bolt covers though. And I, as well anyone here would glance at the front of my car and thing I had a 1.9.

My Cars
    1996 bmw z3 1.9
    So, the was a major screwup in the other group buy. Seems like we're getting 1.9 skirts rather than the face-lifted ones. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but it was a combination of the dealership trying to get rid of old stock, and me not being meticulous enough when I was ordering them.

Anyway, as much of a major fail as this is for those of us in the group buy, I'm offering the side skirts to anybody with a 1.9 in case anybody wants some. The dealership also has the aero package front/rear bumpers in stock (which I've triple checked this time!), so if you want the full kit, there are a few available. From what I've gathered, these are the last ones available from BMW. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Note the front bumper will bolt up to any Z3 without any fitment issues. I think it actually looks better than an M bumper with the flippers.

Here are some pics:

The side skirts are lower than standard 1.9 skirts and have a deeper cut, similar to the normal 6-cyl side skirts. The front has a molded lip, and the rear has a lower valence.

im very interest to the aero kit but in im canada are you able to ship here, and how muche for the skirt only and how much for all the package skirt rear and frant bumper and where you live maby im able to pick up ?
    im live in quebec canada

thanks a lots seb !