Thread: 1995 318i Main Drive Belt Routing?

My Cars
    '02 330CI

1995 318i Main Drive Belt Routing?

So I cut my old belt off last night and thought I had the replacement belt handy. Turns out I forgot what I did with it when I purchased it 6 months ago.

Finally found it and thought I could pull something up right fast but not having any luck. Any1 got some love for me before I try to have another go at it out in the sub zero temps? It very well could be this belt is the wrong size but would love to confirm with a diagram since I do not have one under the hood...

thx

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester

jpg image hosting

The AC compressor runs on its own belt off the crank pulley ... the rest of the stuff is one belt.
    Last edited by slocar; 11-17-2011 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '02 330CI
    ty sir. Happened to get lucky and figure it out. I will post a pic of my setup, its different than that, after I get done for the night. Actually that diagram is dam close. The tensioner for my A/C is to the right of the crank. I photochopped the A/C belt in red to help clarify 2 belts, hope ya don't mind. :P

Last edited by tharepairguy; 11-17-2011 at 03:32 AM.

My Cars
    1997 328i Sedan
    That looks about right.
    - E36 328i black - Steel adjustable rear lower control arms, Bridgestone RE-11
    - E46 325ci white

My Cars
    1 bicycle
    Doesn't anybody buy Bentley manuals (book or cd rom, your choice) anymore? I never touch my german cars unless I have one and have read it front to back...
    Someone stole my bike!
    17X9 Team dynamics for sale with sumitomo 255/40-17
    Excellent condition E36 headlights and fogs. Look new, for sale!
    Chevy s10 gutted ready to be dropped and cleaned a bit...

My Cars
    540 m sport 6spd
    Hey guys sorry to bump an old post had a quick question. There are two pulleys just left of the alternator the lower pulley (wheel) broke off the car the only thing left was the bolt and shat that would normally hold the free spinning wheel on. Well I bought a new pulley to replace the missing one and as I tired to loosen the bolt on what was of the old pulley it snapped off.(Cross threaded bolt or corrosion caused this). My question is can I remove the remainder of the bolt by dropping the radiator and drilling out or buy a new bracket that holds the pulley on? I contacted 3 bmw dealerships and they informed me the pulley I'm speaking of does not exist. HELP :/

Sorry 97 318i 4door 5spd

Sorry 97 318i 4door 5spd
    Last edited by EvanE36; 07-14-2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost