Harrison Motorsports

Thread: good body shops around Kennesaw?

My Cars
    97 e38; 01 e38

good body shops around Kennesaw?

Hit a tree today, pretty good dent right in front of the rear right wheel well. So, what are some good places to go? I know magnum but that's a bit too pricey for me. Want something at a good price but also quality work. Thanks.

My Cars
    e46 328i
    formula 1 in smyrna

My Cars
    e30 x2 93e36 94e34
    i know everyone has there own opinion but the Macco on Hwy 5 does damn good work.

My Cars
    '89 325i, '97 z3
    Magnum collision... one of the best around.

My Cars
    M3
    ^ Magnum FTW

My Cars
    06 Impreza Wagon
    Noisilloc Mungam is a great shop!

My Cars
    Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by RichE30 View Post
    Magnum collision... one of the best around.
    haha...Magnium totalled my E39 because they were so expensive!!!

My Cars
    2005 Miata... turbo
    Drive by posting... lol

Just wanted to pop in and say that I've had two awful experiences with Magnum this year, I think they are making a lot of changes around there that just aren't working or something. I've been there countless times in the past for bumps and more major things and getting aftermarket parts painted and have always been very satisfied.... until now. The cost doesn't bother me, I don't mind paying for quality but the last two things I've had done there did not have the quality to back up the reputation. I had my hardtop painted a few months ago, they had it for 6 weeks, when I got it back the window molding popped out, took it back, 3 more weeks, I think it must have been painted 5 times. I honestly thought it had been lost or broken and they were trying to find a replacement to cover it up. It's fine now but $2,000 and over two months to paint a hardtop... never again. They told me that the first 6 weeks was due to a bad employee who wasn't managing his accounts and the second 3 weeks was due to someone gouging the hardtop while removing the window.

I would love to know of another good shop around Atlanta though. I seem to need or want something done at least twice a year so finding another high quality shop would be great.
    Last edited by JennB; 11-17-2011 at 02:12 PM.

My Cars
    Beater
    My buddy is a good friend of Arthur from M7 auto in Marietta. I am having him do some work on my bmw and also painting and installing flares on my Rx3. I will let you guys know how it goes.

My Cars
    97 e38; 01 e38
    Heard a lot of good things about magnum, my friend had his e39 repaired there, flawless. It also cost him nearly $2000 to have his rear bumper replaced and resprayed and they too almost totalled his, but that was because on of his ACS's was cracked. And I've heard iffy stuff about macco but I've also heard the one around here is pretty good, and my friend knows the owner. I'm going to shop around for a while until I find somewhere I like.

My Cars
    06 Impreza Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by JennB View Post
    Drive by posting... lol

Just wanted to pop in and say that I've had two awful experiences with Magnum this year, I think they are making a lot of changes around there that just aren't working or something. I've been there countless times in the past for bumps and more major things and getting aftermarket parts painted and have always been very satisfied.... until now. The cost doesn't bother me, I don't mind paying for quality but the last two things I've had done there did not have the quality to back up the reputation. I had my hardtop painted a few months ago, they had it for 6 weeks, when I got it back the window molding popped out, took it back, 3 more weeks, I think it must have been painted 5 times. I honestly thought it had been lost or broken and they were trying to find a replacement to cover it up. It's fine now but $2,000 and over two months to paint a hardtop... never again. They told me that the first 6 weeks was due to a bad employee who wasn't managing his accounts and the second 3 weeks was due to someone gouging the hardtop while removing the window.

I would love to know of another good shop around Atlanta though. I seem to need or want something done at least twice a year so finding another high quality shop would be great.
    oh hai! haven't seem you round the parts in awhile

My Cars
    '93 325is '06 RSX
    Im a writer at Ed Voyles Acura Collision right off of 285 and peachtree industrial in Chamblee. We're a direct repair shop for Allstate, Liberty Mutual, Nation Wide, StateFarm and work with every insurance company under the sun. Everything we do comes with a lifetime warranty as long as you own the car. Im there every day open to close.

Frank

My Cars
    2005 Miata... turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic49 View Post
    oh hai! haven't seem you round the parts in awhile
    I actually read almost every day, and have for years, but I never post. Luuuuuuuurker.

Wish I had known someone from here worked at that body shop (post above), that's so close to me house, would have been great to take my car somewhere close.

My Cars
    '09 BMW Performance 135i
    Sorry to hear that Magnum hasn't treated you right Jenn.

I've had quite a bit of work done there and I've always been happy with the results. Unless you already did, I would have taken it up with their general manager. I've seen him kick butt on some employees that were knocking off...it wasn't pretty. So I would imagine he would make it right if you are unsatisfied.

In short, I still recommend them. It just sounds like some heads needed to be knocked around a bit.

My Cars
    2011 Mustang
    I drive by this one every day to work; I no longer own my bimmer (sniff) but the shop always has some hot rides out front. It's on the corner by the Cobb airport, off of Main st.

http://bimmersservicecenter.com/

GL!

Eibach Pro Plus kit: Shocks, springs, swaybars - Adj. Panhard bar - Eibach LCA's
    JLT CAI - Bama Tuner running 93R - 18x9 GT500 AM Wheels, 255 Sumitomo Shoes

My Cars
    M3, 325i Touring, S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
    I drive by this one every day to work; I no longer own my bimmer (sniff) but the shop always has some hot rides out front. It's on the corner by the Cobb airport, off of Main st.

http://bimmersservicecenter.com/

GL!
    I pass them daily on my commute, too but I don't think they do body work. I think they're just a service center.

My Cars
    2011 Mustang
    Ahhh, good point, I should learn to read deeper..

Hey Boozie! LTNS, I'll keep an eye out for that Red bimmer in the area, you look out for the dropped silver 'Stang that growls...

Eibach Pro Plus kit: Shocks, springs, swaybars - Adj. Panhard bar - Eibach LCA's
    JLT CAI - Bama Tuner running 93R - 18x9 GT500 AM Wheels, 255 Sumitomo Shoes

My Cars
    M3, 325i Touring, S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
    Hey Boozie! LTNS, I'll keep an eye out for that Red bimmer in the area, you look out for the dropped silver 'Stang that growls...
    Will do!

My Cars
    e46 328i
    Drive by posting... lol

i dont think one bad experience should make you turn away and say never again. in the automotive world things get screwed up once in a while but the important thing is that the situation was fixed maybe not in a timely manner like you wished but still fixed. you have to give them credit they are not your average shop and they deal with the best of the best. there is a reason why they are trusted by all the highline dealers throughout Georgia.

My Cars
    Drive by posting... lol

Jen B,

Let me start out by introducing myself, I am Mike McConville, one of the owners of Magnum Collision. I would like to personally apologize about the experience you had with Magnum, I take all concerns seriously and would like to have a chance to make your experience right. Please contact me at your convenience at (770)427-4590. I encourage any and all feedback whether good or bad. I want to also let everyone on bimmerforums.com know that Magnum stands behind their reputation and if any member has a comment I urge you to contact me or my General Manager Adam Griffith immediately and we will personally rectify any issues or concerns promptly. We want every member and customer to leave Magnum Collision Repair Center satisfied.

My Cars
    Chevy, xBMW's, LS Volvo
    Drive by posting... lol

You still have my cell#??

My Cars
    2005 Miata... turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumCollision View Post
    Jen B,

Let me start out by introducing myself, I am Mike McConville, one of the owners of Magnum Collision. I would like to personally apologize about the experience you had with Magnum, I take all concerns seriously and would like to have a chance to make your experience right. Please contact me at your convenience at (770)427-4590. I encourage any and all feedback whether good or bad. I want to also let everyone on bimmerforums.com know that Magnum stands behind their reputation and if any member has a comment I urge you to contact me or my General Manager Adam Griffith immediately and we will personally rectify any issues or concerns promptly. We want every member and customer to leave Magnum Collision Repair Center satisfied.
    Thanks for responding. Good to see you guys addressing an issue so openly and stepping up with customer service. Sorry it took me forever to respond, I was out of the country for a few weeks.

My car is fine now, I'm happy with the work, it just took a very long time to get it that way. My roommate has some ongoing problems and I told him to give you a call and see if it can be made right.

Hopefully I won't need any more bodywork soon but if I do, I'll stop by and see you guys again. Knowing how much you stand behind your work gives me a reason to not leave because of one bad experience.

Ken, I don't think I do. Mine is the same it's always been though.