Thread: Can't connect to DIS error 200.159

My Cars
    2003 325xi Wagon

Can't connect to DIS error 200.159

I got a usb obd cable from ebay a week or so ago and I am having an issue with it. I have followed the procedure provided with the cable step by step but am having problems. INPA is working but when I go to connect to DIS I keep getting a message "Connection between operating unit and diagnostic head is impaired Error number: 200.159." I have checked and double checked all the network settings but I can't seem to get any headway. Anyone else out there have this problem?
    Thanks

My Cars
    E60
    Try this....in DIS, go into administration. Go to connection setup and see if the diagnostic head is visible. click quit connecting. when it disconnects, click connect. when it finishes, click test. it should work then

My Cars
    2003 325xi Wagon
    Okay I tried that and it made no difference, still the same error.

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Are you running ifhsrv32.exe ?

The problem is the firewall and antivirus. Have you disconnected?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

My Cars
    2003 325xi Wagon
    Yes, ifhsrv32.exe is running and also I have disabled both my firewall and antivirus

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    What version of EDIABAS are you running and have you configured your Ediabas.ini file so that Interface = STD:OBD, RemoteHost =192.168.68.1 and Ports = 6801?

If so, is Fister set as your translator in DIS and have protocols been configured so that vm is set to off (i.e. not run)?

My Cars
    2003 325xi Wagon
    I don't really know what I did, but I went through everything one last time and it appears to be working now. Thanks for all the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketo99 View Post
    I don't really know what I did, but I went through everything one last time and it appears to be working now. Thanks for all the help guys!
    You're welcome

My Cars
    E46
    i seem to be having exactly the same problem... i have gone through all the settings and double checked everything and still having the same problem.. any suggestions as to what i can do.. i have inpa and ediabas working.. successfully installed the easy dis but the head wont connect..diag head is not visible
    Last edited by firespydar; 10-19-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by firespydar View Post
    i seem to be having exactly the same problem... i have gone through all the settings and double checked everything and still having the same problem.. any suggestions as to what i can do.. i have inpa and ediabas working.. successfully installed the easy dis but the head wont connect..diag head is not visible
    Have you copied the obd.ini in the ediabas file and in windows file?

Also you should run diaghead before starting Dis

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

My Cars
    2004 330i, 2004 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    What version of EDIABAS are you running and have you configured your Ediabas.ini file so that Interface = STD:OBD, RemoteHost =192.168.68.1 and Ports = 6801?

If so, is Fister set as your translator in DIS and have protocols been configured so that vm is set to off (i.e. not run)?
    I am also having this issue. Been through everything so many times I think I am going blind. How do I check to see if fister profile is set as the translator in DIS and if protocols have been set properly.

When I hit the connecting button I get a warning "The connection could not be created". I'm going nuts because everything has gone almost perfectly as per install instructions so far.

Thanks for any help.