Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction - Brooks Motorsport Composites

My Cars
    1995 M3

Introduction - Brooks Motorsport Composites

**SEE POST 37 for the latest updates!**

I just wanted to introduce myself, and my company Brooks Motorsport Composites LLC, to those of you who are not already familiar. We are a small composites shop with a focus on carbon fiber rear wings, but we also have been developing multiple other products.

The Beginning: This all started when I was building my GTS3 car and I could not find a rear wing option that A) fit my budget and B) was thoughtfully designed. As composites had been a hobby of mine, I decided to make a go of it. After a few iterations I was able to produce a good functional design, and it was not long before people started asking about it, and so it began.

The Early Days: Initially we positioned ourselves as really just a good ‘value’ option to the more established products. There was a growing number of budget-conscious racers who were mainly concerned with the performance/price ratio, and as such the orders started coming in (late 2009). However production was very time consuming, and consistency difficult.

Today: I was really at a tipping point about 5 months ago, it was either lets completely forget about this venture or make massive capital investments and create a proper high-end composites shop. I chose the latter and spent months studying/testing cutting edge production techniques, building up a shop, working with aerospace composite shops, prototyping/testing, and having state of the art molds cut on 5 axis CNC mills. The results have been wonderful, and the first run of 5 wings really show absolute top quality and allowed us to nail down the last design details. As such, we have a revamped line of wings now available that offer quality beyond the current market offerings.

Wing Highlights:
    - Constructed of 100% prepreg carbon fiber using a resin system uniquely suited to this application (UV stable, highly temperature resistant). Prepreg is very strong, light, consistent, and produces a very nice matte 'dry' finish.
    - State of the art CNC milled molds - The leading edge does not contain a seam, the top half of the mold actually does a 180, so the the leading edge is perfect and identical every time.
    - Internally mounted ‘cradles’ mean less turbulence on the sensitive bottom surface of the wing. Gain effective wing area with the same span as a wing with externally riveted mounts.
    - Internally mounted Gurney flap.. Get around all of the top vs bottom mount talk… Just put it inside! This also means that it is interchangeable.
    - Pro Wing weighs 6.75lbs! We can make versions of the Club wing as light as 4lbs.
    - Available in lengths up to 68”
    - Endplate mountable!This needs to be known ahead of time, as a few change to the internals are required.
    - Mounting points can be placed anywhere you like.
    - Custom uprights can be fabricated quickly and for minimal additional costs.

PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS/PICS AND PRICING.

We have also purchased a “Project” E46 M3, as we see this as the growing market. An updated dive plane option will be available very shortly, just making a few tweaks to the new, prepreg-capable molds. Beyond that a splitter, diffuser/rear floor, additional wing options, and various other parts will be emerging over the Fall and Winter season. I will update this thread as new project become available, and Facebook will be updated as well (our website is terrible, we know).

We are thrilled to be supporting the BF.com community, as I have been fortunate enough to be part of this amazing community of knowledge for 8 years now. As an introduction to being a Supporting Vendor we are offering two seperate promotions.

1. Like us on Facebook for your chance at a $500, $300 or $200 shop credit! On September 1st we will randomly draw 3 lucky winners!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bro...79599148769508
    2. Group Buy on the Pro wing: I will get this better organized soon, but I want to throw it out there now. If 3 people sign up - $100 discount, 5 people $150 discount, 7 people $200 discount. Delivery will be 3-4 weeks from close of Group Buy. Email for details. Shop credit can't be combined with other offers/Group Buy. Shop Credit IS transferable.

Existing customers: You are all the reason the company has made it this far! As such, If you are interested in upgrading any of our older generation of wings, please shoot me an email. We can work out some favorable options.

Sorry for the long winded post!
    Last edited by BMMMW14; 11-02-2011 at 12:42 AM.
    Brooks

My Cars
    '11 Hennessey V600 Coupe
    Early adopter & huge fan!

Mike Akard #03 SPO/SM Street Legal, Licensed, & Insured 1991 (e30) 318is
    S50B32 & e30 Race Parts - Spares - Go-Fast Goodies FOR SALE...Always making room for "NEW" toys!
    VADER/Back In Black...V-8 Street Legal SPO/SM in 2011

My Cars
    E46M3, E36M3 C Mod , Toyota Tundra, Pace Shadow
    Amen!

Steve E.

My Cars
    '88 635 CSi, '09 X5 4.8
    +1 for Brooks!
    Shea Burns

My Cars
    911 GT3, E30 M3
    FB Fan #24
    [B]
    [center]

My Cars
    E39 M5, M3 #226 CM
    Not sure if I am the first one to have the Pro Wing on a car but I have to be close.

I received mine this week and got it mounted last night. Quality is first rate and I'm very pleased with the product.

These pictures suck but are all I have now. Will get some updated when I have everything finished on the car. Maiden voyage is on Monday so I'll report back on how the car does. Should be a massive improvement from my LTW wing for sure.

I do have a question - what are you guys using to measure the AoA. A simple degree gauge from a hardware store?

Also -- do I get to participate in the group buy??!!!

Last edited by will v; 08-05-2011 at 08:55 AM.

joenationwide is offline Makes Cars Dance BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 M3 (GTS2), 99 M3
    Love my Brooks wing!
    Easily worth 2 sec at VIR, maybe more.
    Of course I do get a lot more attention on the street when driving to the track. But I am probably the only one on the planet who doesn't trailer.

Hardparked.

In motion.
    Last edited by joenationwide; 08-05-2011 at 09:07 AM.

My Cars
    SpecE46, 99LS/M3, 07GMC
    I went from the PTG wing to this wing, huge improvement in top end speed. The efficiency at low angles in clean air is the real benefit!

Still cant save your own driving.....

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Thanks everyone for all of the nice comments and photos, very nice to hear!

Will, get some folks to sign up for the groupy buy and we'll work something out! And yes, you are effectively the first to get it! As for AOA, simple gravity protractors are great, if you have an iPhone or droid there is the iHandyLevel app, which works well too.
    Brooks

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    I plan to pick one up during the off-season. From what I understand something in the original price point will still be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3HOR View Post
    I went from the PTG wing to this wing, huge improvement in top end speed. The efficiency at low angles in clean air is the real benefit!

Still cant save your own driving.....
    I see nothing wrong with this picture. I think you can hold more corner speed if you track out all the way like that!
    -Luke

EFFEKTIV Motorsport
    #189 GTS2 - Ground Control / Motorsport Hardware / Hawk Brakes
    Visit us @ https://www.facebook.com/EffektivMotorsport

My Cars
    2011 Tahoe, 2011 335is
    Great job on the new wings Brooks!

+1 for a great guy and great product.

My Cars
    08 E93, 99 E36--S54

Nice Wings

I don't have one, but I have seen this piece and it's very nice. My car came with an existing wing, but if I needed one, this is what I'd buy.

Brooks, Dive planes for the E36????
    Charles M.
    Naperville, IL
    Street Car -
    -2009 Carrera S Cabriolet

Street SUV
    - 2012 Cayenne

Track Cars
    - 2007 Cayman S, Under Construction

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by cmargosi View Post
    I don't have one, but I have seen this piece and it's very nice. My car came with an existing wing, but if I needed one, this is what I'd buy.

Brooks, Dive planes for the E36????

Dual dive plane setup for the E36 arriving within 2 weeks! Very smilar to the E46 parts on my website.

Just took the templates this week, making master this weekend, final molds and prepreg parts will be available in 2-3 weeks!
    Brooks

My Cars
    Coupe
    Owner of one of the first wings and really satisified with the product. Perfect fit for the club racer !!!
    2000 M Coupe
    [Always in progress !!!]

My Cars
    #199 IP BMWCCA
    Congrats on the growth Brooks! Cant wait to see the super secret new hotness
    Eric WONGer
    2012 NASA Nationals GTS3 First Loser
    EX-#121 IP/GTS3 M3 SOLD
    Now-#121 GTS3 E46 M3

My Cars
    E30 E36 E46 E90
    Any plans to make a wing that looks right on an E30 M3?
    2011 M3 Sedan
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ
    1999 323i GTS2
    1995 M3 - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is
    1989 M3 - S54B32/GS6-37BZ

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo
    Hers: 1989 325iX

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by nick325xit 5spd View Post
    Any plans to make a wing that looks right on an E30 M3?
    We have actually got some inquiries on making a shortened version, that will be endplate mountable, attaching to the trunk at the stock locations.

This can certainly be done quickly, and with minimal, if any extra cost. Endplates/uprights can be designed in carbon or aluminum to most any look you are after. If you are interested shoot me an email and we can get that hooked up in short order - that would qualify for the group buy too!
    Brooks

My Cars
    No racecars...
    After looking at some of the options available, I am extremely excited to be doing business with Brooks for the giant hillclimb wing in the works!

My Cars
    scooter
    I've been extremely pleased with my Brooks Motorsports wing. I've had a few different versions of it since its conception. Brooks has definately put his all into these projects and he continues to come up with new stuff. I can't wait for my next upgrade !!

Congrats Brooks on becoming a Supporting Vendor.

-Scott B.

My Cars
    95 M3, 88 M3, 04 ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec3HOR View Post
    +1, could not be happier with my Brooks Wing . I have one of the very early production wings and it has been great. I could use some decals for the end plates though

1988 E30 M3-Garage Queen
    1995 E36 M3-Track Car
    2004 330i ZHP- Daily Driver
    ///M3 Cc #1
    "Gotta Pay to Play"
    $In Debt Racing$

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Thanks again all - and its true, I am very bad at sending decals...putting post-it on forehead right now!

Big Thanks to Scott B. He has done an awful lot of development work and wing swapping to get this to where it is today!

I am working on setting up an official Group BUy thread today, already a few takers, so the price should be coming down quickly!
    Brooks

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I'll pile on with another endorsement of Brooks' wing. Light, nicely made, excellent value.

My Cars
    99 E36 M3, 09 Audi S5
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetic1 View Post
    Congrats on the growth Brooks! Cant wait to see the super secret new hotness
    Reason enough to 'like' Brooks on FB right there!

Put me down for a pre-order of the dual dive planes. At least I know they'll fit on my car!!
    Chris Hughes
    #31 E36 M3 - NASA Midwest GTS3

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Thanks all again, very motivating to hear good things! Thank you also for all of the great pics!

The group buy thread has been setup! It will run 4 days past the shop credit raffle.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...4#post22488334
    Brooks

My Cars
    Z3's...
    Did you ever make a mold for a STU spec wing? I know it's not that common a spec, but you could also market it to World Challenge ST and GTS cars too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast