Thread: I need opinions for a front end look! Not sure about ebay quality depos... Help!

My Cars
    1995 Hellrot M3/2/5

I need opinions for a front end look! Not sure about ebay quality depos... Help!

Hey guys! ACHTUNG/WARNING... confusion ahead. Im really on the fence with a few looks, and I have issues with making a decision, cuz I cant identify good from bad while still focusing on value (since i do most of this on a budget right now) but i dont want my car looking cheap.

ok so I've dying to do something different to the front of my car for a while bc Im not a huge fan of the completely stock look. Ive already changed the slat grilles to the black mesh and I love it.

My car currently looks like this in the pics below.
    (6000k euro hella projectors)

But Ive been considering a few things lately. I already have my custom euro plate that I need to get the euro moulding for,

but I want to change the corners and the side markers to match each other to either smoked (pic below)
    and they're going for $54 right now (not bad I think)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

or the clears (pic below)
    which are also going for $54 now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So my most important question, is if these "depos" are the depos you guys are always talking about, that I assume are good quality? and then what Im afraid of is that the clears are too cheap and white looking, and that the smoked are too dark (although I think the smoked ones by the looks of the pictures will look normal)....

I'm also thinking of adding these yellow fogs maybe along with a pair of black kidneys...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Id like the corners and side markers to look like this basically, because I might want to do the angel eyes later

Plz drop any comments IMHO's and such. Cheers!

1995 Hellrot E36 M3/2/5 (Tastefully Modded DD)
    2002 Titanium E46 330ci (Sold)
    1995 Avus E36 M3/2/5 (Sold) <--- When I truly fell in LOVE
    2002 Acura RSX Type-S (Sold)
    1987 Bronze E30 325e (Sold)
    1988 White E28 528e (RIP, my first car) Parted in my garage :'( ask me if you need any parts.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    If you don't want to make it look cheap, why are you considering tacking on every knock-off after-market accessory you can find for your front end? I'm sure it will be a hit in the high school parking lot.
    1995 M3: Alpine White, Billy Sports, UUC sways, X-brace, Z3 steering rack, Direzza Star Specs...and amber corners.

My Cars
    1995 Hellrot M3/2/5
    hence why my biggest question was:

"I have issues with making a decision, cuz I cant identify good from bad while still focusing on value (since I do most of this on a budget right now) but I dont want my car looking cheap."

I can assume cheap quality by price, but since I dont have experience buying parts from either ebay or anywhere else, Im asking for help (one of the many benefits of an enthusiasts forum). Right now my budget is low, but once I graduate in the fall I have an offer where I currently intern, so money may not be an issue then. Im just trying to figure out now which parts are of good/decent quality and whether its worth me waiting or not.... idk if you read well, but I did say I didnt want my car looking cheap. but thanks for your 2 cents buddy
    Last edited by SouthBeachM3; 06-15-2011 at 11:40 PM.

1988 White E28 528e (RIP, my first car) Parted in my garage :'( ask me if you need any parts.

My Cars
    '97 M3, '04 ZHP coupe
    Get oem stuff. Browse the classifieds. If you're patient you get great deals.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Cheapness doesn't always equate to monetary value. There are a ton of people on these forums that have spent a fortune on "upgrading" the cosmetics of their car, yet I still consider their rides to be cheap-looking.

Look, if you really feel the car's aesthetics need your own "personal" touch...well, you could keep it from looking cheap by trying to be subtle with your mods. Depo headlights are thought to be decent quality (not great, but not really bad, either) and are a lot cheaper than ZKWs. I personally don't like the clear-corner look, but to each his own. Lots of folks are doing it, so why not? Frenched yellow fogs aren't a bad look, either. Black grilles and knock-off angel eyes stray too far from the original design, in my opinion. Just like it's hard to improve on the engineers' work, real designers who really knew what they were doing styled these cars.

Khaos is right. Get OEM pieces where possible. Save up cash. Be patient. Consider your mods carefully, rather than being like so many forum members who just cover their cars in every cliched cosmetic mod they can throw at them, regardless if it looks good as a whole. More is not always more. Sometimes, more becomes less.
    1995 M3: Alpine White, Billy Sports, UUC sways, X-brace, Z3 steering rack, Direzza Star Specs...and amber corners.

My Cars
    1995 Hellrot M3/2/5
    Now those are some good comments guys.

TheChas I appreciate your 2nd comment way more than the first.

Thanks Khaos. I think I will try the patience thing, since in all reality Im not in a hurry... I have everything done right on the car that the PO had done before, and again i dont want it looking CHEAP. I have Euro Bosch projector headlights so I want any lights in the front to look legit. I just hate HATE hate having the 6000k hids low beams, yellowish lights coming from clear fogs, and orange corners.... I want two colors... so I guess Ill be waiting.

My Cars
    E30325i e34m5 e46m3 e36m
    As far as the corners go, i would suggest getting the smoked corners from Umnitza. The clear corners have shitty tabs that snap if you look at them wrong, while the smoked corners are thick solid pieces and arent too dark at all. As far as headlights, ive had Depos for years and have never had a problem with them. If you want something a little higher quality get some ZKW or Bosch headlights which you can find on this sit often between 2-300 bucks. Most importantly dont buy products from random websites. Check the Vendor Review section on this forum prior to purchase and youll save yourself money and a headache.

My Cars
    1995 Hellrot M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by ilya1585 View Post
    As far as the corners go, i would suggest getting the smoked corners from Umnitza. The clear corners have shitty tabs that snap if you look at them wrong, while the smoked corners are thick solid pieces and arent too dark at all. As far as headlights, ive had Depos for years and have never had a problem with them. If you want something a little higher quality get some ZKW or Bosch headlights which you can find on this sit often between 2-300 bucks. Most importantly dont buy products from random websites. Check the Vendor Review section on this forum prior to purchase and youll save yourself money and a headache.
    Thanks a lot. I currently have bosch projectors. These corners are made by DEPO. Is that a knock off from OEM like the guys above were saying? And if so, does that make them horrible? Do you have the smoked ones? how do they look on your car? mind posting a pic?

This is all stuff that I'm learning now. Ive had my car for exactly a year today, and I've been wanting to make a few changes.

My Cars
    E30325i e34m5 e46m3 e36m
    I think the smoked corners would look alot better with Bosch headlights.
    Not the greatest pic, but you get the idea...

I got my smoked corners and sidemarkers from...
    http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?mai...9hjmja5hh5hcq0

My Cars
    1995 Hellrot M3/2/5
    I think Im liking them smoked, but I wasnt able to find the side markers on that website. If you have the link would you mind shooting it my way

My Cars
    E30325i e34m5 e46m3 e36m
    Yea man, trust me, go with smoked. The clears for some wierd reason are shitty quality. I cant find the side markers on the site either. The side markers i think i may have gotten from DDM actually when they were still semi-functional. Been years, hard to remember.

My Cars
    1995 Hellrot M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by ilya1585 View Post
    Yea man, trust me, go with smoked. The clears for some wierd reason are shitty quality. I cant find the side markers on the site either. The side markers i think i may have gotten from DDM actually when they were still semi-functional. Been years, hard to remember.
    Thanks a lot bud. I appreciate it.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/A
    I got all of my lights from Umnitza. If you don't see the corners on their site, just give them a call and they can get them for you.

Umnitza is a great company to work with. I have the DEPO AE's, smoked corners, smoked side markers, and smoked/red tails. I also have 55w 6000K HIDs for the low beams, and 35w 3000K HIDs for my fog lights.