XRIMS
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ACS Z3M Front Splitters (replicas) $$ cheap $$

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Can't wait. At 1.8 pounds a piece adhesive would seem to be enough. I know many of the new ACS pieces for the newer cars simply use adhesive as well.

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    Quote Originally Posted by dimm6 View Post
    Can't wait. At 1.8 pounds a piece adhesive would seem to be enough. I know many of the new ACS pieces for the newer cars simply use adhesive as well.
    As an owner of ACS splits, I would absolutely not want to have adhesive hold mine onto my car. Just the slightest contact of the splitter in a steep driveway (it will happen, don't think it won't) and there goes your splitter. Good chance you don't even know it's gone until you come home and see what happened.

This is my dilemma with the splitters- they definitely require the provided ACS hardware (or equivalent) which requires drilling into your bumper somehow.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by dimm6 View Post
    The ACS ones are 1.8 lbs, i don't have a calculation yet for what the reps will be

There are some pretty amazing adhesives out there today (used in place of welding sometimes), so with the proper surface preparation, yeah, probably not a problem; easy enough to zip a few fasteners in there though

My Cars
    99 Mcoupe
    I definitely say no holes, it will make things easier/cheaper for you, and the fit will be better for us if we drill our own holes.
    I don't know if you've tried it before, but drilling production hardware in a precise/repeatable way is a major PITA. It will add a lot to the production cost of the part.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000mkoop View Post

^ There's nothing special in that hardware, it's just bolts and rivet nuts.
    Those are readily available from McMaster-Carr.
    Last edited by Gofast; 02-01-2012 at 12:50 PM.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    met with the moldmaker today and dropped off parts;
    He said he didn't have any problem doing the holes, but it sounds like most people don't care or don't want them, so i'll just have them done with no holes

I think the weight will probably be around 3 lbs each (compared to the ACS pcs being around 2 lb) so not too bad

I'll have a proper quote tomorrow, but from his rough estimations, the size of the molds and the quantity of materials will push it higher than I expected; I'd still like to stay close to what i've already told people, in the 200 range, so the more people the better. I'll probably have a minimum first run of 10 sets, and do price breaks at 15 and 20 sets
    (so if we get 20 people to commit and make deposits for this first run, that will really help a lot)

More details tomorrow!

EDIT: If anyone is interested in buying the ACS splitters i'm using for the mold, shoot me a PM

EDIT 2: The soonest I can expect to see any parts will be late next week, but most likely the week after that, Feb 13-17 ish
    Last edited by 2000mkoop; 02-01-2012 at 02:31 PM.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Ok, another update: Everything's going good, we're ready to go.

parts cost and molding costs are definitely more than I thought they'd be, so i'll try to keep the price low if we can get enough people in on this.

10 sets i can do for $230/set
    15 sets i can do for $215/set
    20 sets I can do for $200/set

After the initial run, the price will freeze. (so after this initial set, if only 10 people commit and deposit, the price will always be $230 for anyone ordering later on)

I'm predicting i'll have some parts in-hand by late next week, but i'll wait to hear back about specific timeframes to commit.

I'll require a $100 paypal deposit to put your name on the list, then the balance due once the parts are ready to ship (shipping cost will be added on)

If anyone is ready to put their name in, my paypal address is eric_heffernan at yahoo dot com

Obviously if something weird happens on my end, you'll get your deposit back in full.

Any questions, lemme know!

My Cars
    Z3 M Coupe
    I'm in, will PayPal when tonight!
    On the go...

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    How long will these be available for in the future? I don't need one now, but want a spare. If the price is only $30 different at some later day, I'll probably just buy later.

My Cars
    Z3 M Coupe
    Deposit sent, please confirm!
    On the go...

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBaconfish
    Deposit sent, please confirm!
    Yup, got it!

My Cars
    S52 times 2
    Waiting for reviews of first run before I commit.

but def sub'd!

Mscire2 is offline That one RS'd Coupe BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    02 ///M Coupe, E39, E36
    you haz pm sir.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by SWISS View Post
    Waiting for reviews of first run before I commit.

but def sub'd!
    I figured I'd get some of this;

For you and anyone else in the same boat, what would you be looking for review-wise? I can take pics and answer more questions once I get the first set in-hand

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    i think pics of them installed would be good enough for me

In

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    is this a one time offer? I want to wait and see installed results before committing.

My Cars
    See my signature
    PM'd you...need a response
    BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by persian451 View Post
    is this a one time offer? I want to wait and see installed results before committing.
    Not necessarilly a one-time deal;

If I don't get enough interest on this initial run of parts though, it's possible I might need to raise the price of the parts later on for anyone buying a single set.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Looking forward to photos of the actual replica loose and installed. Thanks for putting this together, Eric!
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    Will be sending a deposit later tonight when I can get to my computer.

My Cars
    See my signature
    SCORE!!!! can't wait to get them...now we need ACS roof wings...come on ERIC you can do it man!!!
    BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

Mscire2 is offline That one RS'd Coupe BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    02 ///M Coupe, E39, E36
    So the real question is can molds of say a wing be made without destroying it?

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mscire2 View Post
    I'm saving my money in case it is because someone around here has one of these wings...

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mscire2 View Post
    Absolutely; zero damage done to the donor product

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    I'm in. How much do you need for a deposit and where do I send it?

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast