XRIMS
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ACS Z3M Front Splitters (replicas) $$ cheap $$

My Cars
    See my signature
    Can I order a second set or is it too late? This would be mpire's influence on me talking...the just in case one set gets destroyed syndrome.
    BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesmechanical View Post
    I think I am in for 2 sets. One for my car, one for Carls old car (steve's now).

A question, the I owned some original ACS splitters, I was concerned about damaging them, and being original, I didn't want to worry about it (cost me $500). I went back and forth on it, and finally decided to sell them.

Now, Carl installed the Motion motorsports reps. While driving his car, one of them literally exploded when scrubbing it on a driveway approach.

What were the MM splitters made of, they seemed HEAVY. Almost like they were made of plaster. How would these splitters handle an impact, do they give, to the crack, shatter, deflect, deform?

Just wondering on this. When I took off the broken splitter, and then remove the other one, the MM fitment was soo bad, Carl literally had to tweak shave the bumper to get them to fit. For Steve, I will get these for him so he doesn't have a screwed up bumper, these will cover the cosmetics caused by the MM splitters.

Let me know, Greg.
    If you do end up ordering 2, send 2 separate deposits, if it's not too much trouble; should help me keep track a little better

Wow, that's very strange...What did they look like after they exploded? I would think these pieces would deform or tear the bumper cover before breaking (But then again, if it gets very cold, i'm sure they'll be more brittle)

these are very close to the same weight as the ACS pieces (3 lb vs 2 lb)

There was another material we looked into, it was certainly "harder" but it looked like it would be more brittle, so we chose something that should have a bit of give to it; but with a 3000 lb car pushing them into a wall, i'm gonna say the wall will win that battle lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Grylls View Post
    When are we supposed to send our second payment?
    Probably end of this week? I'll keep everybody updated, just wanna make sure i've got all my ducks in a row before i accept payment. Everyone's deposits are still being held in the PP account.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer MXM View Post
    Can I order a second set or is it too late? This would be mpire's influence on me talking...the just in case one set gets destroyed syndrome.
    Yeah, second set no problem; just send another deposit, and make a note in the PP that this is your 2nd set

My Cars
    02 M Coupe,01 VWGolf
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000mkoop View Post
    I have no problem shipping to the 51st state....
    You sure about that? way things are, much better chance of you being 11th province or 4th territory .... that is if we want you :P

I will let you know soon.
    Last edited by Achtung Baby; 03-13-2012 at 05:56 PM.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Achtung Baby View Post
    You sure about that? way things are, much better chance of you being 11th province or 4th territory .... that is if we want you :P

I will let you know soon.
    lol

Ok sounds good;

but I can not guarantee fitment of these on your snowmobile.

Both molds should be finished/adjustments made this week, and we'll start getting a few sets out next week.

It's possible quantities for this initial run might be limited, but I'll know more later
    Last edited by 2000mkoop; 03-13-2012 at 06:17 PM.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 02 Z3 2.5
    Deposit sent!
    1999 M Coupe Boston Green, Beige, H&R/Bilsteins, Underdrive Pulleys, Euro 6 speed, UUC SSK and Randy Forbes in the back
    2002 2.5 Z3 roadster Oxford Green, auto, all stock
    2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually 385 HP, 850 ft lbs torque at 1600 rpm, all stock and staying that way
    2004 Mini Cooper Chili Red, daily driver, modified almost daily

My Cars
    06Z06, 70Novass, 81-320i
    You think these will look good if I paint them black? My car is already in for paint... Hmmmm... decisions...decisions

My Cars
    Coupe, 997 Targa4S, 911
    My Roady is lowered by 1.5in and it already got scraped a couple times in the splitter section.

Interested to know by how much will these "lower" the splitter portion of the bumper.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
    You think these will look good if I paint them black? My car is already in for paint... Hmmmm... decisions...decisions
    Worth a shot! (or at least a photoshop to see)

Quote Originally Posted by spine911 View Post
    My Roady is lowered by 1.5in and it already got scraped a couple times in the splitter section.

Interested to know by how much will these "lower" the splitter portion of the bumper.
    Looks to be about 1/2"

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, E39 M5
    After seeing the picture I am interested. Just a few questions.

When is the last chance for deposits? You mentioned availability will come into question, I assume those first to pay will get first dibs, what is the estimate of the maximum time frame?
    Sold: 1998 Cosmos Black 328i Sedan
    Current: 2001 Laguna Seca Blue M Coupe, 2003 LeMans Blue M5
    Daily: 2018 Shadow Black Raptor
    Wife: 2013 Alpine White X5 35i
    Contact Me: MDICTED@gmail.com
    Instagram: MDICTED

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001MCoupe View Post
    After seeing the picture I am interested. Just a few questions.

When is the last chance for deposits? You mentioned availability will come into question, I assume those first to pay will get first dibs, what is the estimate of the maximum time frame?
    Yep, everybody will get their parts in the order they put down a deposit (I think we're at 23 now)

I guess at this point there's not really much point in setting a deposit cutoff, but there's no point in waiting, as we're already at the $200 break. There is however risk of quantity limitations.

It's possible next week after we start making a few sets, we might be limited on how many we're making. Also, the mold has a "life", so at some point it will become unusable and a new mold made, so that will definitely slow things down, if he even has time to do this all over again.

If quantities become limited to less than the # of people committed, anyone who put down a deposit will just get a full refund obviously

Everything should be ironed out by next week though

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe

Deposit Sent

I just sent a deposit by paypal.

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe

Any update

Did you recieve my deposit?
    What is the latest on when they will be shipping?

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by CMM3
    Did you recieve my deposit?
    What is the latest on when they will be shipping?
    Yup, got it! First few sets may ship next week; and at that point I'll have a better idea of the schedule for the rest

My Cars
    E34 525iT, '99 M Coupe
    I vant mein schplitters und I vant zem NOW!
    Last edited by paul4223; 03-16-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: humor me, please

My Cars
    See my signature
    I guess at this point there's not really much point in setting a deposit cutoff, but there's no point in waiting, as we're already at the $200 break.
    Sent the balance payment for my first order...still debating a second order.
    BMW
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer MXM

Sent the balance payment for my first order...still debating a second order.
    Thanks , got it: there will be additional cost for shipping, I'll send you a pp request once I have it calculated and the parts are ready to ship

Once I've got some ready to ship, I'll send pp requests to people for the remaining $$ (in order of deposits received, of course).

If the request isn't responded to within a few days, that person will just get bumped a spot down for shipping order

My Cars
    has four wheels
    Wow those came out incredible. I'm regretting not purchasing a set.
    996TTE39M5R55

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by TPowerdinNY
    Wow those came out incredible. I'm regretting not purchasing a set.
    Well hop on board! 200 dolla !

My Cars
    See my signature
    Well hop on board! 200 dolla !
    make u holla....loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    BMW

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe S50B32

price shipped to 34238

please could you give me a price shipped to 34238?

i am in South Africa at the moment and need a price on the shipping so that i can make 1 payment. thanks

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrittishguy View Post
    please could you give me a price shipped to 34238?

i am in South Africa at the moment and need a price on the shipping so that i can make 1 payment. thanks
    No problem; you mean 32438 as in FL right? that's not some South African shipping code is it?

$225 total shipped to 34238 FL

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe S50B32
    yes Fl :-) if i paid in full now, how soon could you post a set out of interest?

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrittishguy
    yes Fl :-) if i paid in full now, how soon could you post a set out of interest?
    The people who have already paid a deposit will get their splitters in the order they paid , so you would be after them.

I'll have a better idea of how quickly I can make these next week, when the first sets will likely be shipping out

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe
    Just sent deposit paypal.
    Barearrow
    "Good words don't last long until they amount to something"

Haury's Sf reinforcement, H&R RSS, H&R bars, corner balance, IE Rear weld-on's, IE shock mts, IE rear bush, IE trans mnts, UUC DSSR, RE engine mnts, Strong struts, KMACII Plates, UUC FCAB, Dr Vanos II, AFE CAI, HO coils, BB TriFlows, Turner Shorty headers, M50 manifold, Soon to be AA Supercharged, Power Slots, ULT pads, PIAA, Conti DWS

My Cars
    Care
    yup, definitely different materials, they're using a flexible urethane (it may be 70-80d but it's completely different) this is not soft to the touch. It's very rigid, and also sands easily, which is nice. The flexible urethane compounds don't sand well at all

i can try some heat testing, see what it does

ultimately i'm not going to be able to provide any sort of guarantees regarding what happens to these splitters 10 years down the road, but i can certainly answer any questions and test them as needed

thanks for the questions!
    think skateboard wheel.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast