XRIMS
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ACS Z3M Front Splitters (replicas) $$ cheap $$

My Cars
    See my signature
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000mkoop View Post
    Lol makes you sound British
    See the problem here is that I was born in Washington, DC. Lived there for 24 years of my life, moved to Bahrain for 10 years of my life, moved back to DC for 3 more years, then moved to Saudi Arabia.

Yet the biggest impact on my American accent has been the 10 years I spent in Bahrain working for the Coca-Cola Export Corporation...there I worked with a bunch of Brits, South Africans and Australians...that will really put a damper on your accent...loooooooool
    BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    1998 bmw z3 roadster
    interested in a pair myself, PM with info for deposit, please and thanks.

My Cars
    Z3, M5
    Ok... I'm in too... please PM w/ details as well (deposit, paypal addy, etc)

Thanks~
    -Joe

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by los809 View Post
    interested in a pair myself, PM with info for deposit, please and thanks.
    You don't have enough posts for PMs

Deposit info was a few pages back in this thread, here ya go:

Deposit is $100, paypal to:

eric_heffernan at yahoo dot com

My Cars
    See my signature
    You don't have enough posts for PMs

Deposit info was a few pages back in this thread, here ya go:

Deposit is $100, paypal to:

eric_heffernan at yahoo dot com
    Any news on when we should be able to see something??? how many deposits are we at now? Just checking because I want to send the balance amount soon....
    BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer MXM View Post
    Any news on when we should be able to see something??? how many deposits are we at now? Just checking because I want to send the balance amount soon....
    There were a few slight delays with the molding process / materials, but those are behind us; Mold is almost done, so we'll see parts this week, and i'll take plenty of pics (won't be too exciting though, as you won't be able to tell the difference between the real / reps lol....well other than the holes)

edit: Looks like we've got 12 deposits so far, not bad!
    Last edited by 2000mkoop; 02-28-2012 at 07:21 PM.

My Cars
    Z3 M Coupe
    Sorry to bother because I know if you would have them you would take photos for us, but I am curious to when you think you will have them?
    On the go...

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBaconfish View Post
    Sorry to bother because I know if you would have them you would take photos for us, but I am curious to when you think you will have them?
    Should've had them like Friday, but the guy i'm working with has been sick off/on lately, i'll have to give him a call today, see if he's doing ok

but yeah, we're almost there, sorry for the delays

My Cars
    Z3 M Coupe
    Should've had them like Friday, but the guy i'm working with has been sick off/on lately, i'll have to give him a call today, see if he's doing ok

but yeah, we're almost there, sorry for the delays
    Alright no problem, thanks for the update.
    On the go...

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Looks like I'll have one in hand tomorrow, so I'll of course post pics then

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Picking up a sample splitter today, will post pics. Sounds like he may be making adjustments to the mold, i'll see what he's talking about, but I think it's just a parting line that's more pronounced than he would like, which probably won't really be an issue since these will all be sanded/primed/painted anyway.

edit: Pics of the first sample!

Sample splitter is white, but they'll be black.

They look great!

I'll get more pictures tonight, maybe sanded/primed and on a fascia

How's this for detail?

The seam-line is what he's going to try to adjust; really not a big deal to me though since it's something you'd just sand away before paint, plus it's on the underside. I'm happy with them as-is, but we'll see what he comes back with. Also, the bit of extra plastic is the poured end, i'll see if he's going to scrape that or if its' just something that would need sanded off. The splitters are solid plastic, so no big deal really either way

Last edited by 2000mkoop; 03-08-2012 at 01:04 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    How is the contour to the bumper cover? Can you get any pics of it held roughly in place on the car? Looks great so far, nothing that standard paint prep wont fix. If I had some white rims on my Estoril I'd be half tempted to leave them white. That would look BFA!

My Cars
    Z3, M5
    That part is Solid? Not hollow at all?

Could you do us a favor and weight the parts too please?

Thanks!

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemamaman View Post
    That part is Solid? Not hollow at all?

Could you do us a favor and weight the parts too please?

Thanks!
    Out of curiosity, what would be the limit of acceptable weight to you?
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Only 3 lbs per splitter, compared to 2 lbs with the ACS pieces. Not too shabby! Before I weighed it, I actually thought it felt lighter than I remember the originals being lol

I'm going to have pics up tonight of a splitter on the bumper ; hot glued or something

My Cars
    M3, MZ3, 348TS, Chevelle
    What media are they cast from?

BMW M3 - Ferrari 348 - Chevrolet Chevelle

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Only 3 lbs per splitter, compared to 2 lbs with the ACS pieces. Not too shabby! Before I weighed it, I actually thought it felt lighter than I remember the originals being lol
    Good enough for the girls I go out with.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsablurr View Post
    What media are they cast from?
    Rigid urethane plastic
    Durometer: Shore hardness 75D

*for those not familiar with the durometer scale, 75D is in the "extra hard" category, and is similar to a hard hat plastic.

My Cars
    Z3 M Coupe
    Looks great!
    On the go...

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    More pics: threw a coat of gray primer on the splitter (amazingly it pretty much matched the OEM pre-primed bumper gray)

Fitment seems excellent, it's just held on with some tape

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe, 2000 GTI
    Deposit sent

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    With the ACS serial/MFG stamp having been cloned in these too- what is stopping people from claiming these are the real deal?

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagone
    With the ACS serial/MFG stamp having been cloned in these too- what is stopping people from claiming these are the real deal?
    Yeah I was thinking about that too lol

Might be a good idea for me to sand that off before I ship any out.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    More pics: threw a coat of gray primer on the splitter (amazingly it pretty much matched the OEM pre-primed bumper gray)

Fitment seems excellent, it's just held on with some tape

So the left side where the splitter doesn't fit 100% perfectly against the bumper is where ACS instructs you to use a heat gun to mold the plastic for a closer fit. Are the final products going to be Urethane? Is there a difference between Urethane and Rigid Urethane Plastic? I believe 75D Urethane is the same material as the IE Subframe bushings. I'm taking a guess, but I'm thinking you can't really heat that material up and bend it. It also is somewhat soft to the touch...you can put a finger nail into it and distort the shape. How will that hold up to being peppered with gravel and debris over time? If what I'm saying isn't a concern, let us know! I'm no materials expert.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    So the left side where the splitter doesn't fit 100% perfectly against the bumper is where ACS instructs you to use a heat gun to mold the plastic for a closer fit. Are the final products going to be Urethane? Is there a difference between Urethane and Rigid Urethane Plastic? I believe 75D Urethane is the same material as the IE Subframe bushings. I'm taking a guess, but I'm thinking you can't really heat that material up and bend it. It also is somewhat soft to the touch...you can put a finger nail into it and distort the shape. How will that hold up to being peppered with gravel and debris over time? If what I'm saying isn't a concern, let us know! I'm no materials expert.
    Yup, definitely different materials, they're using a flexible urethane (it may be 70-80D but it's completely different) This is not soft to the touch. It's very rigid, and also sands easily, which is nice. The flexible urethane compounds don't sand well at all

I can try some heat testing, see what it does

Ultimately i'm not going to be able to provide any sort of guarantees regarding what happens to these splitters 10 years down the road, but I can certainly answer any questions and test them as needed

Thanks for the questions!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast