Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My build thread...

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan

My build thread...

This is my "blown" thread, Pics, Videos, dyno results, vbox all to come soon....

Just wanted to first say thanks to Donovan for putting her together for me...Nick for getting some parts put together and sending the tune my way, Rukman for hooking me up with some of his coupe's original stg3 build pieces, and Max Psi for doing the subframe a while back to keep her together and for putting some failed oil line pieces back after she had a slight defective part malfunction the other day!

Overall general rundown...
    TT Stage 2 with a GT35R with 0.82 T3 with thermal coated housing
    TT Cast mani, slightly cleaned up interior and also thermal coated

The rest of kit is basic TT stage 2 with a 42lb tune.

But using 3" dp fabbed for 35R
    and precision pw46 wastegate

This is with apr 2000's with cometic .140 HG

Goal: Mid 400's at 14-15psi

Current Status: Oil Line fixed, car is running again...it's raining, dyno hopefully Monday.

This first post will be updated with time...
    Last edited by Z3speed4me; 03-10-2011 at 10:03 AM.

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Subscribed for pics/videos.
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    I dunno... car is there now, hoping Mike can finish it today; hoping it is just the oil line that snapped and not the turbo center section that died on me because lack of oil...

The 90 degree elbow broke and I made a spy hunter smoke screen last night... oil light came on in like 20 seconds and I pulled over and got towed

I will wait to hear back from them this afternoon on status, whole bottom of the car was black, pretty unfortunate.

Part of the game I guess, stuff happens....

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    ^ At least Your car runs. I need to quit being soooo lazy and finish mine already.
    "If you can leave black marks from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." --Mark Donohue

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post
    I dunno... car is there now, hoping Mike can finish it today; hoping it is just the oil line that snapped and not the turbo center section that died on me because lack of oil...

The 90 degree elbow broke and I made a spy hunter smoke screen last night... oil light came on in like 20 seconds and I pulled over and got towed

I will wait to hear back from them this afternoon on status, whole bottom of the car was black, pretty unfortunate.

Part of the game I guess, stuff happens....
    well he's a genious so we'll see hopefully it'll be done today
    MADD POWAA RACING (MPR)

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Quote Originally Posted by FastrTHNu View Post
    ^ At least Your car runs. I need to quit being soooo lazy and finish mine already.
    Me too.

Hope the best on the oil issue Kenny.

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Quote Originally Posted by milKt View Post
    Me too.

Thank you kind sir; I hope our unnecessary antics are finally behind us...

My Cars
    1998 528i-t, & Jap Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by milKt View Post
    Me too.

Me 3, and Julio 4

And hope the turbo is ok.
    13.239 @ 105.67 with .000 R/T and 1.93 - 60' - 2007 350z - SOLD
    Slow in turbo 528i thanks to a poor driver and lots of heat soak (I couldn't figure out how to drive a pucked clutch off the line to save my life).

LM7 swap in progress/paused pending garage remodel.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1660651

My Cars
    '15 228i M | '15 320i
    This is me.... as requested, making a thread, Pics, Videos...dyno results, vbox all to come soon.

Right now all I got is to simply state that my car is at max psi at the moment getting my broken oil line fixed.

I will update hopefully tonight if Mike manages to fix me up nice and quick!
    Subscribed for all the media, absolutely love the M-Coupe.

Just curious, were you by any chance up in NNJ a month or two ago in Wayne? I went over to 5 Guys on RT23 and saw a mint M-Coupe, you immediately came to mind.

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    I hope our unnecessary antics are finally behind us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver328i View Post
    Me 3, and Julio 4
    My style will not change.
    Use the ignore tool.

Tell Nick and Phil too.

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    My car was in my garage for months, then down in the shop for 2 weeks after that...so wasn't me.

As for the oil line, here is what happened...defective part
    Sorry for phone pics...forgot slr so can't upload things later during lunch today.

I will throw pics up tonight of the actual undercarriage and how NASTY it looks right now, left the slr at my home so I gotta grab the memory card later.
    Thanks the the max psi guys for buttoning her up real quick before Mike left for his cart racing today

Going to find a wash place that does underbody bc oil is absolutely everywhere.

3 more I took real quick in the driveway before going to work before...all I got for now, more to come once it stops raining and the car is washed off.

Dyno with video will be most likely be Monday.

Won't really be driving much until then bc at quick glance, afr seems a nip high in the 12.3-12.4 range under load, so I will be sending Nick the ecu to revise it to hopefully get em down to the 11's, but I'll know more after I log them appropriately on the dyno, which will probably just be low boost for now for safety reasons....
    Last edited by Z3speed4me; 03-10-2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Quick update....

Did a baseline dyno, here are my 9.5-10psi run and my 11.5-12psi runs, didn't log boost, but gauge is somewhere between there. Didn't up it anymore bc afr's are definitely too high. So I just bought a new fpr, even if it isn't bad, it's old and I want to replace it anyway.

Troubleshooting now begins to figure out why I am higher than I should be, so car isn't moving for the time being..... again. Most likely more power to be had once fueling is figured out and I can still turn it up a few more pounds.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POhyMRdL3IY[/ame]

Last edited by Z3speed4me; 03-13-2011 at 04:39 PM.

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    What gear was the pull done in? I wonder why the dyno plot is so squigly?

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Nice!
    I see over 400 in your near future!
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Oh, yeah,
    you're gonna KILL the 400 mark.

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Dyno runs were 4th gear, they are at 0 smoothing, so that is why they are a little jagged. Most people put up 3 or 5 smoothing from what I have seen....

For the car to see 400+ ; well I sure hope so... as these runs were a actually a little less power than I expected. But as long as I crack 400 eventually I'll prettymuch be happy. That was really all I ever wanted out of it, anymore and it's just icing on the cake.

But I think once my fuel issue is figured out, even these runs will improve and I will be able to try a 15ish psi run and see what my final results will be.

I put SAE #'s up obviously for consistancy, but looking into the correction factors, the dyno is placed at 4500 ft for some reason, so it seemed to really drop down my #'s a lot from the uncorrected ones, as the best run uncorrected was ~382whp if I recall compared to 366 corrected above, that's a pretty decent difference...so I wonder if the dyno being marked at such a high elevation is skewing my results in a negative way, or is my thought process on that backwards?

Either way, still waiting to hear back from Nick on my runfiles with what may be my causing my afr issue.... sucks that once again the car is in the garage the the indefinite future
    Last edited by Z3speed4me; 03-13-2011 at 07:05 PM.

My Cars
    turbo m3
    12.3 afr's aren't really that bad, IMO (especially 10psi). You are probably making just a little extra power with it. Now, if they get any leaner then that could be a problem.

I remember Nick G. gave "acastillo" his grace with acastillo's tune which was in the low 12's (check his thread).
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    Yes, placing the dyno @ 4500ft will yield lower numbers when you correct them. The uncorrected numbers will be the same no matter what. Corrected numbers are what everyone uses to make the playing field more even.

I understand now about the squiggly... I guess most everyone else smoothes them out to look all nice and pretty.

But as far as your afr's. 12.3 is not dangerous at all especially @ 10psi, and If I remember you said it was lower than that most of the time and only blipped up to 12.3 for a short time.

I had a lean condition with my car, and I found the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator pinched off!!! So make sure you go over that and make sure its not getting blocked at all.
    Last edited by turbo325ii; 03-14-2011 at 12:49 AM.

My Cars
    none
    Ken 12.0 would make me feel better but if Nick G told me 12.3 is perfectly safe/fine id feel even better than at 12.0! Let us know what Nick says!

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Yea I am really starting to think it is fpr related. On the dyno the tail sniffer read like 13.2 which is just plain unsafe...but the aem wideband was low/mid 12's....also not where I want it.

Going to start looking around for culprit tonight and hopefully its hardware, then I might just need Nick to maybe tune out the top 6k-7k dip. Havent heard back from hom yet, but hopefully today on his thoughts.

Sent from my DROIDX using BF.com

My Cars
    Turbo ///M Roadster
    Your fuel pressure is at 51psi static? Nick tuned my car from mid/upper 11's under boost with the base file down to around 11.0 under boost. Stays constant all the way up to 19psi, low boost, 6-12psi, sees 10.8-10.90's in boost. I would be worried about 12.0+ as well, Nick doesn't like to push any part of the tune, doubtful he would say over 12.0 is acceptable. What fuel pump(s) and fuel setup are you running?

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    Cant trust the tailpipe sniffer if you have cat.

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Def no cats in the car, I'm allergic.

I am testin the fpr's pressure when I get home, if its bad I will order one tonight. I am stoppin by max in a few and pulling my adaptation readings too.

I still have a feeling its regulator related, at least I hope....but it's really gotta be hardware, the tune should not be this off as no-one else's has been, so I know its nothin cpu related.

I have a walbro from Nick installed and the fuel is nothin but 93, I've never bought less since I got the car. Just hope I find problem soon I just wanna drive this thing already!!

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    I just saw the dyno vid. Was there a fan blowing at the front of the car? I saw a nice big 48" fan next to the car, but nothing in front of it
    Nick Glantzis
    2005 330i ZHP auto with Technique Tuning turbo kit (currently For Sale)

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Big fan apparently broke....had two smaller fans kinda off screen. My water temps stayed like 190-195, oil temp barely tipped over 200. But im sure inlet temp to IC and manifold sucked.

Nick I will be emailing you adapt numbers in an hour or so just fyi....pending on how much slower this bus driver feels like going today

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast