Harrison Motorsports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I met Rutledge Wood from Top Gear USA. I bought his truck

My Cars
    BMW 323IS, 2004 X3 3.0i

Thumbs up I met Rutledge Wood from Top Gear USA. I bought his truck

I'm officially a redneck. I bought myself my first pick-em-up truck. I bought a used 2008 Toyota Tundra from craigslist. After exchanging multiple emails and one phone call, I met the seller in Peachtree City last weekend. When he got out of the car, I did a holy shit its the dude from Top Gear. I didn't let him know I knew who he was. He was cool as hell. He did drop a few times he was on t.v. and did stuff for Nascar on Speed TV, which I never heard of and he said he was one of the hosts for TG on History channel. He asked if I have seen it yet? I was like, nah never heard of it , but I watch the U.K. Top Gear. haha..

I've seen the promo's running for TG USA, but I haven't watched a full episode until after I met him. I caught 5 mins of it when it first premiered last yr and thought it was garbage/stupid and deleted it from the DVR.

I got a sick deal for his Tundra. He tricked it out with some nice stuff. He let it go fairly cheap after I low balled him. I guess when you're ballin' making millions on T.V. you can let the little stuff go for cheap.

[/b]

My Cars
    one with wheels
    Very cool. He mentioned his Tundra in one of the episodes.

My Cars
    BMW 323IS, 2004 X3 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by Amused View Post
    Very cool. He mentioned his Tundra in one of the episodes.
    I might have to go watch the other 8 episodes I missed! My truck is famous now! Here are pics.

[/b]

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    It's like a King Ranch but a Toyota.

Nice. Cool little story.

My Cars
    '04 M3 SMG, '05 Ford F150 FX4
    dats a good looking truck!!

congrats
    -chuck

My Cars
    E61 530xi
    Nice score, and cool story! That truck is hot dude.....I would rock that all day!

I am really disappointed with the new "Top Gear", especially after watching the UK version. The last episode with the pickup trucks was a little better and had some funny moments but they still have a long way to go.

Hopefully they find their rhythm and get on the same page because I am a big fan of the franchise.

My Cars
    '99 E46
    Howdy stranger.

Cool story, Dean. Gimme dem brakes, son. I want 'em for my FJ62.
    KOTTER

My Cars
    '94 325iC/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieboy View Post
    Nice score, and cool story! That truck is hot dude.....I would rock that all day!

I am really disappointed with the new "Top Gear", especially after watching the UK version. The last episode with the pickup trucks was a little better and had some funny moments but they still have a long way to go.

Hopefully they find their rhythm and get on the same page because I am a big fan of the franchise.
    +1 on the truck! Not really a truck guy but that's nice!

And I agree, Boogie.. I think TG USA tries too hard to be like the UK version with the camera angles, the editing, attempt at witty quips, etc., but hopefully, it gets better. I have watched all of them and they're ok.. I wonder who the US Stig is?
    Hey, where's Perry!?

My Cars
    BMW 323IS, 2004 X3 3.0i
    Thanks everyone for the replies. A few of the mods he did were the TRD 22" Forged rims, TRD BBK kit, TRD rear sway bars, Magnaflow dual exhaust, Belltech suspension level kit, backup camera and tinted windows. All of this stuff was just put on 6 months ago. Saved me tons not having to mod one myself.

In case you didn't know, the BBC TG UK is a franchised show. So they are the ones pulling the strings meaning the show script format and the cinematography style is coming from the UK. The same writers for the UK show is providing the script and they were onsite helping with the directors on the recording style. So its not like History channel is trying to copy the UK TG show because that aren't creative. They have to. The UK people picked the hosts and they are running the show. If anyone's to blame, its the UK TG people. I asked this dude all types of questions when we were waiting at the bank doing the transaction.
    Last edited by Dean; 01-21-2011 at 10:01 AM.

[/b]

My Cars
    Gov't Motor Pool
    Nice pickup Dean! Rutledge is actually a pretty cool dude and one helluva nice guy. The US TG is starting to grow on my outside of Adam Ferrara. He's the only one on the show I can't stand.

My Cars
    98 E36 M3/4/5
    Rut's a cool guy, i went to high school with him. on the show, he's a lot less eccentric than i remember him being. non the less, it's always cool seeing people on tv you now.

had one of my best friends brothers make it fairly big out in LA. imdb Travis Van Winkle. couple other guys ended up being abercrombie models, and one chick being a Bollywood movie star

My Cars
    Chevy, xBMW's, LS Volvo
    Nice truck. It still won't convince me to watch the show though, lol.

FWIW, that trucks more 'Merican than any Chebby or Dodge. Not sure on the US parts/manufacturing content of the Fords anymore.

My Cars
    BMW '88 535is; BMW '05 325iT
    That's a pretty truck. Hate the show though. The UK version kicks the US of A's collective ass. Unlike they did in 1776.

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    I like US TG and did from the start. It isn't as good but neither was Season 1 of UK TG. Each episode has improved. It is like the first season of the Office... was a copy. Down to almost every word... then it morphed into it's own show. We'll see how US TG goes... I enjoy watching.

My Cars
    91' 318is
    It's a car show that comes on in America that doesn't revolve around Nascar. Just enjoy while you can.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Alpine99 View Post
    I like US TG and did from the start. It isn't as good but neither was Season 1 of UK TG. Each episode has improved. It is like the first season of the Office... was a copy. Down to almost every word... then it morphed into it's own show. We'll see how US TG goes... I enjoy watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBumperNick View Post
    It's a car show that comes on in America that doesn't revolve around Nascar. Just enjoy while you can.
    +1
    -chuck

My Cars
    89 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBumperNick View Post
    THIS, In another month say good bye to all the DTM, BTCC, AUS V8 races they have been showing on speed. God I miss speedvision.
    John

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Quote Originally Posted by Junger View Post
    THIS, In another month say good bye to all the DTM, BTCC, AUS V8 races they have been showing on speed. God I miss speedvision.
    Really? I have not heard this news...

Details?

My Cars
    89 325is
    When Nascar is in their 2 month off season Speed gets back to it's speedvision roots, or at least every time I flip to speed they have DTM, BTCC or AUS V8's on. Or maybe I have just been getting lucky
    John

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Ahhhh yes. I think they run at different times of the year though. Once NASCAR starts but up it is NASCARTV though. Sucks.

My Cars
    i wished they showed more Targa rally footage.
    -chuck

My Cars
    Chevy, xBMW's, LS Volvo
    Quote Originally Posted by M Junkie View Post
    i wished they showed more Targa rally footage.

If I have the budget someday when I'm an older gentleman - I want to run the Targa.

My Cars
    2007 BMW M3
    wow i'm not much for the new Tundras, but this one I have to admit is pretty sweet! I love the color of the leather interior. pretty neat story too

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by kenndoggy View Post
    If I have the budget someday when I'm an older gentleman - I want to run the Targa.
    yeah, that would be sooooo macdaddy!!
    -chuck

My Cars
    4Runner & YJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Junger View Post
    Truth!

I wish that FOX would just make a damn NASCAR channel so that I can block it and enjoy REAL racing on SPEED.

There are so many good programs that we don't get to see WRC, F1 Decade, Victory by design, etc...

I'm sure the NASCAR fans would be happy with a NASCAR channel, too. They could watch reruns of old races and beat their wives all day long!

Lots of win-win potential.

Btw, nice truck OP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast