Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself To The 3 Series Community (take 3)

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP

Smile Introduce Yourself To The 3 Series Community (take 3)

NOTICE UPDATED Jan-6-2011

Happy New Year everyone.

Our most popular thread has grown too long again so it is time to start a new one. Not to worry, none of your original posts have been lost. They are all archived here:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=912350

Please note that this thread is for the sole purpose of introducing yourself and your new e9x to the community. Any questions should be posted in a separate thread. Ideally you should do a search and update an existing thread if a similar topic was discussed before, otherwise feel free to start a new thread. Questions here will most probably go unanswered.

A warm welcome to all new members. Feel free to contribute and as always, please respect and follow our forum rules.

Thought I might as well update this post and introduce myself to the newcomers and old members alike.

I have been a BMW 3-series owner since 1997. My 1st brand new car was a US spec '97 e36 318ti (Bright Red with black leather/red+black cloth-insert combo interior) which I leased in Boston soon after I started my 1st full time job in the 128-495 high tech belt area. It was custom ordered from the factory in Germany and was a great fun car to drive. I loved it so much I kept it after the lease was over and long after the warranty was over and even after I moved to Canada. I sold it in 2007 (painstakingly forgoing lots of memories) just a few months after leasing my 2nd 3-series, a Canadian spec e90 323i (see my signature).

I've been a BMW enthusiast long before owning one, from the highschool/university days when I spent lots on time in my friends' bimmers, to the time my dad bought a used 1978 730i which I got to drive, enjoy and punish for a few years.

I joined this forum slightly after getting my 323 in 07 and have been a member since. I was recruited by the forum admins to help moderate this section of the forum and consequently other sections too (namely the e9x M3 and 1-series). Those who know me will know that while participating as a regular member in the forum discussions, I am outspoken and straight to the point but usually fair and friendly. However when acting as a moderator, I am a strict "No Nonsense" guy who will proactively try to squash conflicts even before they occur, and I treat everyone fairly but according to the rules of the forum without exception.

Feel free to send me a PM when you have questions or issues regarding the forum or posting on this section, but please use the "Report Post" feature marked via a "" whenever there is an inappropriate post or thread, this way other moderators and admins will be able to attend to it if I am away.

Enjoy the forum and esp. the e9x section and have fun with your cars.
    Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by mryakan; 01-06-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i
    Hey guys Just picked up my first BMW about 2 weeks ago. Its a 2007 335i Artic metallic with black interior, Premium Package, Sports Package, Auto. Its a really fun car to drive, hoping to do a couple mods to it.

My Cars
    2004 Subaru 2.5RS
    Hello All!

I'm from the DFW area, don't own a bimmer myself but my dad just got a 2011 335i sedan.

I actually own a 2004 Subaru 2.5RS shown here

He's looking for some ecu tuning options, so i'll search and check stickies here.

My Cars
    '07 328xi - Montego Blue

Thumbs up Introducing myself

Haven't been lurking very long at all, but decided to make a username and post.

I'm a first-time BMW owner, just picked up a CPO '07 328xi in Montego Blue/Beige interior. My parents actually bought it for me as a christmas/welcome home gift (I'm a student that was studying abroad for 2 years).

I absolutely love the way it drives, instilling a sense of confidence in me as the driver. I know where the four wheels are at all times, and can predict where they'll be whenever and however I turn/accelerate/brake. Haven't ever experienced an automobile that feels as "solid" as this car does. Living in the northeast USA, I love the all-wheel drive. Last week's 2-foot snowfall wasn't a problem for me (on the contrary, I was eager to test my new car out in the snow).

From what I can tell so far, this is an awesome community. I look forward to interacting with you all.

Last edited by AndyEmmDee; 01-06-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Editing title to more accurately reflect my posting intentions.

My Cars
    2007 328i coupe
    Hello everybody...first time BMW owner here. I just picked up an 07 328i coupe, CPO, 6 speed, sport package....love it so far I drove an 03 accord coupe v6 up to 181,000 miles until the tranny just died, they all do in those cars. I test drove a new maxima, used g35x, and new fusion and none of them compare, not even close!! I learned a lot on this forum while researching these cars, thanks to all!!! I look forward to using this forum.

My Cars
    '05 BMW 545i & '07 335i
    Ok, here goes. I bought my wife the following car back in October 2010 (our first Bimmer) - then, I bought me an 05 545i in December! We are enjoying driving both...

2007 335i - Alpine White w/ Auburn Interior, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation - 55k mi. CPO

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328 XI

My new 328 with x drive. Winter tire opinion.

recently purchased a 2009 328 with x drive. Love my new car! should've been driving BMW's my entire life. What have I been thinking?

Had to decide quickly last week if I would mount BMW approved winter tires.

Cutting details out that would explain how this decision progressed to the end outcome.

I now am riding on a new set of Goodyear Eagle GT tires in the not OEM size of 205/60 R16 (don't want to scrape the bottom of my driveway any more and it's working out).

Honestly, I literally spent hours reading posts about winter tires for BMW's with X Drive. I had my self convinced I needed them. Couldn't get them in the time I had though. Freezing temps with several inches of snow this past weekend in Denver CO. Mounted new tires Saturday just before snow began.

Never the less I am now very suspicious of the people that seem to be in love with winter tires for an all wheel drive car.

You absolutely do not need them. Simply get a set of good reputation all seasons such as Conti DWS or Eagle GT or Pilot all seasons. Find Run Flats if you can. RFT's are a good idea just not very many options as we all are aware.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335 xi
    Hi All-

I don't own a BMW yet, but plan to own a 335xi by this time next year. I just joined the forum today in hopes of learning quite a bit about the car I plan o invest in. I'm excited to learn all about BMW and I'm really looking forward to finally owning my 335xi

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328i sedan

my first 3 series

I just picked up my 2007 BMW 328i sedan, artic metallic/beige, automatic, sports pkg., heated seats, xenon headlights, bluetooth, IPOD/MP3/CD.

It's been so much fun to drive and I'm enjoying it. My previous car is a 1988 528e, 5 speed manual transmission, radio/cassette player that I'm selling. I will miss that car..........but I love my new e90.

I look forward to learning more about e90's on this forum .

My Cars
    VW Jetta VR6 Wagon
    Been a member for a while here. Mostly just to read and helped a friend of mine who isn't too internet savvy buy a set of wheels for his 95 318is.

Today we traded in my wifes Benz C230 Coupe Kompressor for an 07 328xi Sedan (Silver, auto, black interior) and OMFG what a better car.
    More power,
    More fit and finish value,
    More comfort,
    More confident handling...
    than the Benz.

The Benz felt kinda cheaply made in the cabin. It drove nice epically after I installed the Tein S-tec springs but the interior just felt cheap. Squeaky, creaky, bumpy and ticky.

The 328xi has a cabin that feels like the driver was an integral part in it's design. Then you start the car and go. Power just pours out of this car with even a little blip of the throttle. I can't wait to get the chance to challenge the cars abilities!

Anyone know what SCCA solo class a bone stock 328xi would run in? I autocross the VW wagon in my sig in ST and my wife is SUPER interested in doing a little cone dodging this summer. Springs will be added at some point so that would change the class to STX I believe.

Thanks!

My Cars
    1995 E36 320i SE
    hi im new to bmw`s i have just bought my first one its a 95 e36 320 se just like to say hello

My Cars
    2010 320d E91, 135KW
    Hi all,
    just got my first BMW on Friday! It's the european poor man model: 320d/135kW, Montego Blau, with some M-style detail.

I'll visit your whole site, in order to learn how to squeeze the maximum from her.
    Ciao from Italy,
    Stefano

My Cars
    2011 328i E93
    Been away from Bimmer for a while. Good to be back. I started a few years back with my E36 328 Vert. Then went to Audi, had issues with their A4 CVT Vert and I am proud to be back into a 2011 E93. Yee Haw! Forgot how much of a driver's car BMW is. Audi is a distant memory.

My Cars
    2008 335i sport package
    Hello all,

I just singed the papers for a 2008 335i coupe with a sport package. I am very interested in learning all about the car. I find it a challenge to interpret most of the speak in these forums, DCI, FB3 etc…..but ill figure it out. I am excited to join the community!!!

My Cars
    2006 BMW 3 Series
    Hi Guys.
    Just a quick hello as I am new to the forum, I reside in the U.K. across the pond, I have a 2006 BMW 330i se E90 Automatic, Black body with White Dakota leather trim, done 50,000 miles and had it converted to LPG and have done 23,500 using LPG.
    I do my own diagnostics and love my car to bits.
    Best regards to everyone.
    Stuart.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i Coupe
    Hi Everyone, I bought my first Bimmer about a month ago, 2008 335i Coupe with almost all the extras possible. Pictures here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/norbert...7625885055570/

My Cars
    2001 BMW 325xi

New member here!

Me being a "new member" isn't exactly the truth. I have been a lurker for a while and found the articles here to be very helpful and I thought I should step up and thank you folks.
    I bought a used BMW in August just to see if I would like them before putting some real money into one. I use to have a Subaru wagon, AWD and it turned out to be a fine automobile. It wasn't sporty at all so this time around I thought of the BMW and ended up with the 325 xi. I have been through the pages of this forum learning about (Gulp! do I dare say it??) changing the transmission fluid, oil and filter, check engine light...you get the picture. Everything I wanted to know I got it from here so I thought it was time to join. This summer I hope to sell this one (it only has 72,000 miles on it) and get someting a lot newer but stay with the 3 series.

My Cars
    2006 330i
    sup everyone i got my e90 last year and heres how she is as of now...pretty much stock

My Cars
    2009 E90 335i
    Just bought my 2009 335i last night. First BMW.

My Cars
    86 535i, 08 335i
    I'm baaaack. I had an '03 330xi in 2007 that my wife ganked from me and then traded in (grrr, on a VOLVO no less)... just picked up a used '06 325i today with sport seats and stainless trim. Back in the saddle, baby. I'm loving it.

The dealer only had one key so I guess I'm going to have to bend over and get another one from the BMW dealer. Other than that, a few paint chips, some detailing and a clay bar and I'm back to happy.

My Cars
    2007 328i

hello

hey everyone,

I am new to the bimmer scene. We just added a 2007 328i to the stable so I am hoping to learn some aftermarket options, and DIYs from the forum.

First plans are to replace the angel eyes, and front grille. Also looking to change the wheels from the 16's to some 18's or 19's.

My other car is a 2010 VW GTI

My Cars
    07 335i sedan
    Hi everyone!

I have lurked for some time and decided to participate. I have an o7 335i TIAG, m3 rep wheels, bmw sport suspension kit, and a Procede v3.

My other car is an 07 Acura TL Type S

Last edited by 335i addict; 01-30-2011 at 04:15 PM.

My Cars
    '06 330i

my new to me CPO 330i

I'd been searching for a CPO bimmer for about 5 months. Found one 3 weeks ago only to have it sold 10 minutes before I acted on it.

yesterday though, picked up a black on black 330i with sport and cold weather packages with 45k on the dash. I test drove a 328xi that didnt have sport package and I simply fell in love with the sport package.

Heres a shot my buddy took on the way home from picking it up

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i

Bimmer Nation

Hi all!
    Just joined bimmer nation with a purchase of a 2007 335i, montego blue, sports/premium package.
    I love it! I've been missing out on a great driving experience. I hope to learn more about the car from experienced owners!

My Cars
    2006 325i
    Hi everyone! First time owner. Just purchased an 06 325i, graphite metallic, sport pkg, premium pkg. 55k Picked it up from a friend of mine that got it as a CPO and she moved to a mini-van... ugh, crappy for her, good luck for me!! haha! Love the car!
    Last edited by coastie743; 02-01-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast