Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: %@#%$#%%@$ Locked keys in the TRUNK

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    Quote Originally Posted by m60b40 View Post
    No road side, I can pay for lock smith but you guys are saying they have to drill stuff and I'm not down with that.

I know it seems like they'll get in there with those little tools you see people use on TV and manipulate the tumblers.. so that he can turn the lock and pop it.. can't hurt to call and ask..

Once inside the cabin remove the rear seat bottom and back.. two nuts behind the armrest and the leather flap velcrtoed to the top edge.

two more one on each side behind the seat belt receptacles 10mm..

Then pull away the sound damping liner to reveal the area pre perforated to be removed to allow ski's or high powered "hunting" rifles to fit through.. you need to just pry it out maybe with a flathead screw driver..

Then you encounter your Trunk Liner which is fastened to the back with some fancy plastic screw in fasteners.. This did not appear to me soemthing you could just psuh down slightly enough to reach a long ,rigid rod/pole to the latch so It may need to be sacrificed .. I replaced mine for $25 at a Bone Yard easily..

You need to be able to reach soemthing that will not flex or bend and pull on the lever to which the Lock Rod attaches. Its on the left side(looking through the ski hole) of the latch toward the lock.

You have to trip that and the Trunk Lid will pop open.. I think you need to push it sideways one way or the other,I forget... once you get the ski hole open you'll be able to see how long of a rod you need.

A Flashlight was also needed to aim your Pole.
    Last edited by jehu; 12-05-2010 at 04:29 PM.

My Cars
    '94 530iT LSx/T56
    some cars have a crash impact module under the rear seat. beat the floor with a rubber hammer and try. best option is to break a window and go through the ski pass.
    -Alex

My Cars
    1992 740I
    I have a hole, in the place where you described. I put arm rest down and remove little fabric to access trunk. I think I will go with that option after getting expendable magnet.

I'm VERY surprised lock smiths can't open E32/E34 cars. Crazy!

My Cars
    Need an E30 PM Me
    try another locksmith that sounds lame that guy just left.

My Cars
    1992 740I
    Allright, I will speak with BMW tomorrow if they can't get key to me this week I will call a lock smith and try my luck... otherwise window is getting broken

Thanks chaps

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    Oh yah Forgot you can scoop your keys.. good luck..

I once lost my Keys on a looooong strech of beach on Cape Cod. They fell out from a hole in the pocket of my swim Trunks.

I spent a frantic hour or so walking up and down the beach already late in the afternoon asking people if they'd found any keys and looking over every inch of sand along perhaps a 1,000 square feet.

I figured I'd have to order a new key since it was the only one which came with the car to me. So I had no point in gaining access anyway..

I finally found them which was a minor miracle since all it would have taken was for soemone to step on them or kick sand over and bury them and I'd never have found them... House keys were on the ring as well..

My Cars
    Ruckus.
    Ha i got locked out of my car last night with one of my buddies. We were driving and i got out to go pee and he jumped in the drivers seat and tried to lock the doors by pushing the door pin down, i caught the drivers door before he was able to fully close it. So all the doors were locked and he got out then i closed the drivers door and boom we were locked out. Oddly enough, the one thing we brought out with us was a butane torch lol....don't ask....so we started a little fire in the parking lot until my neighbor came with the spare keys. Thankfully the car has been in my family since 95 so we still have all three keys the car came with.

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    I suppose itd be possible and smart to order the other keys if they weren't sold with the car...hmm..

My Cars
    Ruckus.
    Quote Originally Posted by jehu View Post
    I suppose itd be possible and smart to order the other keys if they weren't sold with the car...hmm..
    Yea definitely a good idea.

adriver is offline Why would I be sarcastic?
    My Cars
    slick 95 tourin s52/5spd
    Another possibility, but hopefully another member can verify. Cheapest possibilty so far; If you take off the window trim you will most likely break several plastic clips $1 each, (5-8 of them), but with that off, IIRC you should be able to get a hanger in there, or maybe some fishing line or something around the knob and pull up to unlock.
    I can't drive automatics.

My Cars
    Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by adriver View Post
    Another possibility, but hopefully another member can verify. Cheapest possibilty so far; If you take off the window trim you will most likely break several plastic clips $1 each, (5-8 of them), but with that off, IIRC you should be able to get a hanger in there, or maybe some fishing line or something around the knob and pull up to unlock.
    A lock smith should have an air pocket they could put in the door and blow it up. There should be enough flex in the top of the door to reach in with a unlocking tool.

My Cars
    bf.c e34 contour
    if it is double locked, a locksmith can't open it.

That is why the german polizei have a special tool specific to e32 e34 that allows them to unlock the car.

I wound up having to wait a week to get my key from BMW when my jacket got stolen with the keys in it 3 years ago.

Do sedans have integrated trunk locks? I am thinking they don't, and thus the only shot is that a locksmith can pick it... but that isn't likely.

So you are stuck getting into the cabin, knocking out the ski pass and fishing for them with a long grabber tool.

My Cars
    BMW X5, Lotus
    Here, try this guy, or look in craigslist under service.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/hss/2096690467.html
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettSR5 View Post
    Hate to admit it but attack_eagle is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofBavaria View Post
    ............. then upallnight has probably got it right
    Spirit

My Cars
    1992 740I
    Thanks to both of you, I will give him a call. Regarding double locked, how do you double lock?

My Cars
    bf.c e34 contour
    turn the key to the right.
    If you locked the door with a key, its double-locked.

My Cars
    1992 740I
    Quote Originally Posted by attack eagle View Post
    turn the key to the right.
    If you locked the door with a key, its double-locked.
    Is trunk double locked now? I turned it to the left and pressed it in then took key out. Then i simply closed it.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 525i
    Please do not break your window to get into your car! If your car is not double locked, call a tow truck or AAA if you have it, they will be able to get into your car. then simply get into the trunk through the interior like others suggested.
    '92 525i, lazurblau metallic, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland Springs...so far

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    If you call AAA just make sure you explain you have a BMW. It ain't the same as slim jimmying a '73 Oldsmobile.. The Locksmith AAA sent me didn't even get out of his Van to try anything when he saw it was a BMW even though I instructed AAA to make them aware of the make and model of the car.

Maybe I was just unlucky and every other Locksmith BUT him would have been able to get into the car..
    Last edited by jehu; 12-05-2010 at 09:52 PM.

My Cars
    '86 635
    If it isn't double locked, you can make a lasso out of thin plastic or string. Use a wedge/air bladder to open the top part of the door.

My Cars
    '11 Golf TDI+Porsche 996
    Quote Originally Posted by kesslerbmw View Post
    A lock smith should have an air pocket they could put in the door and blow it up. There should be enough flex in the top of the door to reach in with a unlocking tool.
    My E39's door/window frame was bent outward from an air pocket being used to get into it. Idiots.

The only thing I can think of is to open your hood (you can do it from the outside, there is a thread on it) and pop one of the air bag sensors and pop the air bags and it should unlock the doors (I believe that was one of the safety features in case of accident on these cars) but then you'd need airbags....
    I own mostly junk. Except the Porsche, that's kind of cool.
    All the motorcycles are trash which you can read about at
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/

I'll update it eventually

Thansk

My Cars
    1992 740I
    Unfortunatly I think it's double locked since I locked them with a key. I will ask locksmith if they can open trunk.. if anything ^$%^^% it.. window has to go.

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    while windows I hear can be tricky to align properly and it certably sounds drastic if it can't be done any other way it is at least something you can restore to working order without any serious cosmetic or mechanical harm.

Once some deliquient punks whipped an Ice ball at my Chevy Van from some woods along an Interstate hgy. I was driving slower than normal as it was Blizzard like. All of a sudden the passenger door window just shattered; Pow! and it disintegrated.. I know the sound of an Ice Ball and it was perfect weather for it.. cost me $200 the little miscreants.
    Last edited by jehu; 12-06-2010 at 01:46 AM.

My Cars
    1993 e34 m5
    I know couple guys who can open any car under two minutes flat But seriously, the locksmith should be able to open a door at least. Iirc they prop the door on the bottom with something so it get misaligned just a bit which creates enough space to put some sort of a slim jim in it...

My Cars
    94 530it
    When i purchased my Touring from auction it did not come with keys at all. I went to the dealer with my proof of purchase and my VIN number. Went to the parts counter and the counterman gave me the code for the keys, My wife then found a locksmith that can cut E34 style keys. With the dealer provided code, i had keys to the car the very same day. Cost me $65 to get two keys cut to the code.

Good Luck

My Cars
    '94 530iT LSx/T56
    as long as your car is pre ews (about '95) then you can do ^^^
    -Alex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast