Thread: Removal of front turn signal housing/light

My Cars
    96 740il

Removal of front turn signal housing/light

Hello again. First off I've tried e38.org with no avail. so I need an experienced person that knows how to remove this turn signal housing to put clear euro signals in. Step by step would be helpful.
    Thanks again all!

My Cars
    '01 740is
    Use a phillips screw-driver.....the longest one you can find...8-10" should do it. Open the hood, look thru the hole directly above the housing and drop the screw driver in. 10-15 turns should be enough, then pull the lens towards the front of the car. Hope this helps

My Cars
    2003 540s, 2000 740s
    Not to be rude, but go back to e38.org & look up the owners manual for your car. It has instructions with pictures on how to remove the turn signal(s).

Basically, open the hood, find the little plastic round cover closest to the front of the car. It will just lift out with a little effort. Then, using a 12 inch or longer Phillips screw driver, find the Phillips head screw down about 1 foot & turn it 5 times or so (not all the way) to loosen the screw that holds the turn signal down tight. It should then be loose enough to just wiggle the turn signal out.

The owners manual does illustrate it much better with the pictures.
    <== Steptronic Sealbeach740
    2000 740i sport: 74k Green/Tan chrome MPars, clear corners, quad brake lights, AIC hi-beams, Hoen fogs, 16x9 screen, MKIV, TFT LCD screen in back, license plate backup camera with "on demand" switch, iPod audio/video (CDC/iPod audio switching, iPod video on 16x9 screen), Basslink, gauge rings, ///M pedals, switched steptronic +/- shifting mode, E46 paddle shifter steering wheel, Dinan engine & tranny software upgrade, DDEs controlled via Euro fog light switch, painted calipers with "BMW" lettering, windows up/sunroof close via remote.

2003 540i sport: 81k, Sterling grey/grey, MKIV Nav, PDC & CWP - Added license plate backup camera with "on demand" switch, paddle shift steering wheel, windows up/sunroof close via remote, Akebono's, painted calipers with "BMW" lettering, quad brake lights, iPod audio via AUX mode/video via 16x9 screen, BMW TV tuner, ///M pedals & gauge rings.

My Cars
    2001 740il, 2006 Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by 7FORTYIL View Post
    Hello again. First off I've tried e38.org with no avail. so I need an experienced person that knows how to remove this turn signal housing to put clear euro signals in. Step by step would be helpful.
    Thanks again all!
    Check e38.org again (front indicator lights):

http://www.laczik.org/BMW/repair/E38...indicator.html

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i

How to remove front turn indicator light bulb assembly

WOW!. I don't think you can any better than the previous replies...except...maybe if you combine them?

Long screw driver in hole...link from WWW.E38.ORG ...and page from owners manual below: http://www.laczik.org/BMW/repair/E38...indicator.html

-
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    96 740il

Thank you all

Thank you all for your help. My car apparently doesnt have the rubber hole covers and/or were lost by previous owner. I did finally find the screw to release the corner lamp. The pictures helped quite a bit. Now I have another question.... Do I need to replace the clear light to orange to be street legal here in the US?