Thread: Fuse Panel in English?

My Cars
    1995 M5T Elekta

Fuse Panel in English?

Mine is in Italian

I came back to my car from lunch and my door locks did not work, and got in and my windows don't work. My interior lights work if that helps (from reading recent threads about door locks.) It's pretty hot today and my tourer was in direct sun for an hour. Came home and have begun trouble shooting fuses when I remembered my fuse panel legend is in Italian. I thought it was #17, but I pulled it and can't see that it's broken. I don't have any spares on me without going to the dealer, but if anyone can help me trouble shoot before the trip, I would be most thankful.

1995 M5T Italian Dealer edition.

Just turned 162,000kms yesterday so I'm guessing I am about to experience the 100k gremlin blues.

Thanks!

Geoff

just to clarify, I just need a pic of the fuse panel schematic from an M5 to help me trouble shoot why my locks have stopped working as well as my windows.

or a link to a fuse schematic that's in English

thanks.

just to clarify, I just need a pic of the fuse panel schematic from an M5 to help me trouble shoot why my locks have stopped working as well as my windows.

or a link to a fuse schematic that's in English that I can read even with bi-focals and a flashlight

thanks.
    Last edited by Elekta; 06-17-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    way too many
    If your radio & sunroof are also dead, it's likely the "fusible link":

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/571602
    ​"The US Olympics bobsled team has renamed their sled 'Biden' because nothing has taken America downhill faster"

TheStigg (aka "gale")
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo pending
    89 535i 5-spd (may she rest in pieces)
    94 325ic 5-spd
    87 325is

My Cars
    1995 M5T Elekta
    Radio works

My Cars
    way too many
    Here's the fuse cover from a 92 735i for what it's worth. There may be more fuses/components under the rear seat on the driver's side that are related to it. Find a .pdf Bentleys schematic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​"The US Olympics bobsled team has renamed their sled 'Biden' because nothing has taken America downhill faster"

TheStigg (aka "gale")
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo pending
    89 535i 5-spd (may she rest in pieces)
    94 325ic 5-spd
    87 325is

My Cars
    95 M5, Euro S50 E30
    Google language translator could be your friend. I would help with a pic but mine is in German so you would still have to translate.

My Cars
    1995 M5T Elekta
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStigg View Post
    If your radio & sunroof are also dead, it's likely the "fusible link":

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/571602
    So the sunroof is dead too. The fusible link is under the seat on the positive lead of the battery cable right??

It was a 30 amp fuse under the seat..either 32,33, or 44, I can't remember. I bought a cache of fuses that came with this little yellow testor...now that's handy item to have in your roadside kit.

Now all I need is for one of you touring guys to snap a hi-res pic of the two fuse legends, and I will check that against an M5T if //Manual gets me his.

It has to be from a touring though.
    Last edited by Elekta; 06-18-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '93 E30, '01 E46 Mtec I
    wouldn't it be pretty easy to just look for a blown one and replace it? If none are blown, no translation is needed.... at least not for now....
    IF MY CAPS OFFEND YOU, BLOCK ME.
    AND IF YOU NOTICE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAP'ED...... IT'S DONE AUTOMATICALLY BY THE FORUM BECAUSE I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS DO THIS, LIKE WHEN I QUOTE OTHER POSTS.AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, REFER TO FIRST SENTENCE IN MY SIG.

My Cars
    1995 M5T Elekta
    Quote Originally Posted by robmpulse View Post
    wouldn't it be pretty easy to just look for a blown one and replace it? If none are blown, no translation is needed.... at least not for now....
    I did find it thank you. And now I want an English panel print out. Aquila want to host your two for me? Or another US tourer owner want to post their two for me...please?

They should look just like these. It was #44 if anyone was wondering,,under the seat.

And are those pn's on the lower right? Could we find labels in realOEM and print them off ourselves?

Let's see your fuse panels in English!! Then we can all go one place to find possible fuse issues.
    Last edited by Elekta; 06-19-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    The first one I can get ya, what is the second pic?

My Cars
    1995 M5T Elekta
    Under the seat. Thanks for the bump

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    quite easy, you have the fuse numbers. Here are the wiring diagrams by built year and all fuses are shown there in the fuse list with English name and for what they are
    http://www.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e34/
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    www.garaget.org/skillz
    Always have spare fuses along with you in the fuse lid, otherwise one may end up stranded just because you never got any spares!

My Cars
    1995 M5T Elekta
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    quite easy, you have the fuse numbers. Here are the wiring diagrams by built year and all fuses are shown there in the fuse list with English name and for what they are
    http://www.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e34/
    Thanks once again Shogun! I will certainly print this out and put it in the spare wheel well. However, I still want the English print out that fits under the fuse panel under the hood and the other under the seat.

Question:
    Could these pn's lead to English versions of the print sheet? They go up vertically on the right side of both panels.
    8 366 111 E0225.E
    8 369 117 E5893.G

That would be killer if I could overlay the English version of what I have already. Is there a way of plugging these into RealOEM?

Thanks again

also, Miche, I now have every fuse in numbers and a handy fuse puller/testor thanks to AutoZone

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by Elekta View Post
    Mine is in Italian.
    I tried taking a photo of the fuse cover in English but it's illegible.
    Perhaps a high res I could e-mail.
    Never mind.
    I have a spare cover if you want
    PN on label('94 530im) is 8 366 109
    Last edited by ross1; 06-24-2010 at 09:28 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    1995 M5T Elekta
    Come on! You can do it. Just use the little flower feature which allows close focus and hold the camera still until it gets to its sharpest focus and squeeze the button slowly. It will come out just like mine.

Thanks in advance Ross!

How about a way to print off these pn's I found?

under hood
    rear seat
    Last edited by Elekta; 06-24-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Here... will this work?