Thread: e39 alarm not working

My Cars
    BMW E39 525i

Question e39 alarm not working

hi. i have a 2001 525ia. firstly the buttons on the key do not work .tried everyting but nothing works from reseeting to checking batteries n fuses etc. anyway thats not the problem really. the main thing ive notices is that when i lock the doors with the key the central locking works but the factory alarm/ or immobiliser does not activate, niether does that red light below the rearview mirror flash as well. also the indicators do not flash when the doors are iether locked or unlocked so if anybody has any advise on what could be the cause of the alarm not working. that be great. im not so much worried about getting the buttons on the key to work. right now a priority would be getting the alarm working. so before i go off to a dealership taught i could try and source the alarm problem myself.

My Cars
    99' 5Sp 528IT/10' Maxima
    May the alarm got deactivated? Did all cars come with the alarm? Was it an option in European cars? I know the newer BMW's the alarms have to be installed. Did it ever work?

1999 E39 Touring Sport and 3 pedals

My Cars
    BMW E39 525i
    hi. yes the alarm was prevoiusly working,

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    check the fuse in the trunk above the battery. should be fuse 48

My Cars
    2016 X5 SDrive M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by fourcylfox View Post
    check the fuse in the trunk above the battery. should be fuse 48
    Beat me to it.

My Cars
    bmw e39 525tds
    Quote Originally Posted by MPOWERFUL View Post
    hi. i have a 2001 525ia. firstly the buttons on the key do not work .tried everyting but nothing works from reseeting to checking batteries n fuses etc. anyway thats not the problem really. the main thing ive notices is that when i lock the doors with the key the central locking works but the factory alarm/ or immobiliser does not activate, niether does that red light below the rearview mirror flash as well. also the indicators do not flash when the doors are iether locked or unlocked so if anybody has any advise on what could be the cause of the alarm not working. that be great. im not so much worried about getting the buttons on the key to work. right now a priority would be getting the alarm working. so before i go off to a dealership taught i could try and source the alarm problem myself.
    hi, did you ever fix this problem? s im having the exact same problem.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5, 2K M5
    tani did you ever fix your issue? mine crapped out recently and i have no idea why... i installed a reverse camera and it just stopped working all together