Thread: Car wont start any ideas?

My Cars
    92 325i

Car wont start any ideas?

So yeah as my title says my car won’t start.

The lights are dim, when I turn the key to on and they get dimmer when I try to start the car. Nothing turns over; I didn’t hear anything from the starter, I might have missed it though.

I tried to jump it that didn’t work. I tried to give it a rolling start and that didn’t work. It might be the battery but it should still start with a rolling start since I am not using the battery to start the car.

I have a feeling it might be the alternator. Also the window washer nozzles aren’t in the hood since it just got painted could that have anything to do with it (it was raining today). If the rain got into the engine compartment that way could it do something to the electrical system. It drove just fine all day untill I went to leave work tonight. I am going to try and figure out more tomorrow in the day light.

What do you guys think it could be? I did search some things on the forum and that gave me some ideas that I will try but since this is my first BMW I thought i wold also see if there is anything else you guy could think of.

Thanks for your help

My Cars
    2008 328xi Sportwagon
    Battery. Get a full charge in it. Many FI cars won't start - even push start or drift start - with a battery that has almost no charge.

My Cars
    93 318is,96 Z28
    yeah check with the battery fully charged

My Cars
    92 325i
    Alright thanks guys. I am going to try that today and hopefully that is it. I'll let you know how it works out.

My Cars
    93' 325is
    My battery went out today too. Jump started it and it worked ok, tried to charge it for an hour but lights were flickering when I drove it around. I put my brother's battery in and it worked great...so a replacement is due.

I have an 18 button obc, and did the voltage measurement trick (press 10 and 1000 at the same time, then enter 9). With the original battery, it would frequently go below 13 volts, and even hit the high 11's. With my brother's battery, it never even went below 13 even with a full load-foglights, headlights, and fan at full blast.
    H&R sports|Koni SA's|DSII's/ 8.5's|K&N drop in|Axxis Ultimate Pads|Xbrace|Da'lan hitch
    Camber Correction DIY Now parting 325is. Need e36 parts? PM me Or email me

My Cars
    92 325i
    Thanks for all your suggestions. It was the battery. I was hoping that was what it was but you just never know. Again thanks for all your help.