Thread: Anyone Know Where I Can Get Wiring Diagram For Dash/Gauges?

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i

Exclamation Anyone Know Where I Can Get Wiring Diagram For Dash/Gauges?

my dash went completely out about a week ago. I was first experiencing a "Ding Ding Ding Ding" noise with a seatbelt light that would flash whether or not I had my seatbelt on or not. What would happen next is all my gauges would go to zero (temp, rpm, gas, mph, odometer) about 30 secs later I would hear the ding again and light then all of a sudden all my gauges would work. It seriously was a trip. anyways this would only happen once and a while at first. Then it would happen every couple days, and now none of my dash works at all. It's completely black.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Have you ever experienced this? and what did you do?
    DO you know where I can get a dash wiring diagram for the gauges?

If you know where I can find something that has a description of the symptoms and what the problem could be or how to repair it?

I appreciate all your guy's help.

My Cars
    95 325i 5 speed
    this is as good as a wiring diagram is gonna get as far as the gauges and that go.

http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm

My Cars
    1996 328is
    That website is a source for some-but-not-all ETMs and Owner Manuals.

For your instrument cluster, see Bentley p. ELE-165.
    Careful inspection will show there are 5 fused wires supplying power to the cluster.
    But your cluster may be different from what's shown in the Bentley schematic.
    Good luck

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    I appreciate all your help... What I have done so far to try to fix the problem was my dad tried to take out the cluster so that he could try to find something that was either loose or not grounded. Actually thats what made it worse. We couldn't fully take it out , but we did get enough room to try to mess with some of the connectors in the back of it. Before we messed with the cluster the dash lights were on but the gauges weren't working. When my dad tried to mess with the cluster afterwards when we put the screws back that's when The dash lights weren't working and the SRS light came on.

It's such a mess.. I need to get this done ASAP cuz I can't see what the temp is or if a check engine light had came on...

If you guy's have any other advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

My Cars
    95 325 I Convertible