Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: RaggTopp Fabric Protectant Review - Waterproofing & Waterbeading and Good Looks Too!

My Cars
    1975 GMC Jimmy 454

RaggTopp Fabric Protectant Review - Waterproofing & Waterbeading and Good Looks Too!

RaggTopp Fabric Protectant Review - Waterproofing & Waterbeadingand and Good Looks Too!

After having my Bikini Top made I treated it with 2-3 applications of RaggTopp Fabric Protectant to insure it was waterproof because when it rains here in Stuart, Florida it comes down by the bucket loads.

About an hour ago we had a shower and there was a thread about cloth tops and vinyl tops and that got me wondering what my top looked like as it's easily been about a month since I treated the Bikini Top. This truck is parked out side 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so it sees ALL the rain we get as well as a lot of wind and dirt and dust in the air. For all these reasons I wanted to get a good waterproof coating applied before the top had any dirt penetrated into the weave of the cloth.

So I grabbed my trusty and polish splatted Rebel T1i and snapped a few pictures for another thread and thought, heck might as well make this a review while I'm at it..

This is a far shot looking just past the Surfboard brackets. The water pools in 4 areas that sink down with the weight of the accumulated water but the water never penetrates into the inside of the fabric.

At the higher elevations of the top surrounding the edge of the windshield the water beads up. Either place, doesn't matter as the water never penetrates the material, it just beads up or pools.

My top was new and as such clean so if you're working on an older top you should consider getting the kit and cleaning the top well before sealing it with the protectant.

RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Care Kit

Or by itself...

RaggTopp Fabric Protectant

Besides creating a waterproof surface, the RaggTopp Protectant also provides

• Protects By Keeping Out the Elements of Nature and Man
    • Renews and Extends the Life of Older Tops
    • UV Protection with UV Stabilizers
    • Contains NO SILICONE
    • Will Not Harm Automotive Finishes, Chrome, Trim, Glass, Vinyl, Rubber or Plastic Windows
    • Ozone Friendly to Meet California Air Quality Standards
    • Tested and endorsed by Haartz Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer of convertible topping

It's also real easy to apply just use it like a can of spray paint and allow enough time for each application to dry before applying follow-up coatings.

On a side note, I met the owner Rick Goldstein at SEMA and he's a genuinely nice guy as well as a car guy!

Besides protecting and waterproofing your top, it keeps it looking new...

How-To Videos
    Articles I've Written

Mike Phillips
    Director of Training
    1-800-869-3011 ext 206

"Find something you like and use it often"

My Cars
    1990 325i,1991 325ic
    Nice. Thanks for the write up!

1991 Cabrio E30CCA

My Cars
    '93 850ci
    can vouch for Raggtop myself - used it for years on my E36 'vert top -great stuff and well worth it!