Thread: BMW OEM Fuel Line

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver

BMW OEM Fuel Line

While doing some routine maintenance, I have discovered something that might be of interest to those of you wanting to use non-BMW fuel line. Although they look identical, they are definately 2 different animals when it comes to quality.
    I used BMW fuel line for everything except the lines from the DK's to the breather valves (didn't have enough hose handy while reassembling the engine after the fire), and after approx. 20,000 miles the non BMW lines are getting hard and brittle, whereas the BMW lines are as soft and pliable as the day they were installed.
    So while some may see a price/availability advantage, in the long run I have found it is NOT.

'93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    05 LS430
    I'm sold. Can you buy the hose by the ft/meters or do you have to buy by part number from BMW stealer?
    Bankswood

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    ...by the meter from the dealer, They use it on most BMW's i've seen from 90 up, They will know what your talking about, High pressure fuel injection lines, It has green writing on the side of it, Good heads up Tx.
    Last edited by 8eights; 11-01-2009 at 11:16 PM.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    8 x 13mm

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

My Cars
    91 850i +++
    Do you know who makes this fuel line for BMW?
    How come the middle half of any project always takes the most time?

My Cars
    05 LS430
    Smart people never post a question they don't already know the answer too, soooooooooo, Max who maks the lines for BMW
    Bankswood

My Cars
    1993 850ci 2001 M5 / Z3M
    I buy mine at AutohausAZ, all I can say is get the right hose 8x13mm with blue writing (high pressure) or you will do the job twice. Tex is right.
    Regards,

Brian
    Cave Creek, AZ

My Cars
    91 850i, 07 Jeep SRT8
    The local BMW dealer here did not have any fuel line I could buy from them. Poverty.
    CB01718 850i Lagunengruen Metallic / Silbergrau Leder

My Cars
    91 850i +++
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankswood View Post
    Smart people never post a question they don't already know the answer too, soooooooooo, Max who maks the lines for BMW
    Thanks for the compliment, but this is a question that I only know half of an answer to. The parts market is in upheaval now, for obvious reasons. You can usually snoop around and come up with the companies that supply stuff to the car makers. When I tried this the last time I needed fuel line, I got muddled results. I bought a box of hose for which I had satisfied myself about the likely quality, but it wasn't a slam dunk matter of "Gates Hose of Germany makes BMW OEM stuff". I don't remember the names now; part of the point of the question was to foster enough interest for someone to track it down. There's a compelling reason to do it, as Jenya learned.
    How come the middle half of any project always takes the most time?

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Fwiw, Here's a few pics of it from the dealer with visable part numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 8eights; 11-02-2009 at 12:37 AM.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
    The local BMW dealer here did not have any fuel line I could buy from them. Poverty.
    I call "Bullshit". The "Large" BMW dealer here in Dallas claimed the same thing last time and I told the guy to go back and check, and if he couldn't find any to ask someone else to find it for him. He came back and told me that they had over 30 meters (10 pieces) of it. Fuel line is something ALL BMW dealers carry - at least the ones that reapir cars.

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

My Cars
    1991 850i 1989 325i
    I had the same experience, aftermarket line split and leaked within months of fitting. I have replaced all my lines with BMW hose and had no issues. It costs around £20 per metre in the UK so it isn't cheap. One of my breathers is aftermarket as the 2m I bought didn't quite manage all of them. It will be a good experiment, although I already know the answer...

My Cars
    91 850i, 07 Jeep SRT8
    Yes, it's what I thought too when he told me. I will call him out on it next time I am there.

Quote Originally Posted by TxGR8White View Post
    I call "Bullshit". The "Large" BMW dealer here in Dallas claimed the same thing last time and I told the guy to go back and check, and if he couldn't find any to ask someone else to find it for him. He came back and told me that they had over 30 meters (10 pieces) of it. Fuel line is something ALL BMW dealers carry - at least the ones that reapir cars.
    CB01718 850i Lagunengruen Metallic / Silbergrau Leder