Thread: What did you do to your e36 today?

My Cars
    03Msport 540i 6MT & E38
    A warsh

1st time since I've owned car I've ever seen this message

Painted and installed these.
    Love the convex glass.

My Cars
    '94 318ic, '00 323it
    Changed fuel filter, fuel line, rear brake pads and rotors last weekend. The fuel filter was dated 1994, so the thing was factory original!

New tonneau cover struts and finishing the paint touch-up will be the next project this weekend.
    Alpine 318ic FTMFW!

MINIz guy is offline #buttstuff2k14 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    rolls coal
    After a long break, I got a lot done today. I programmed my 3-button remote to my alarm so that is working once again. Then I wired up my Blaupunkt CD30 head unit and aux input so I have music while I drive. I finally replaced my PCV and hose so I don't have crazy amounts if positive pressure in my crankcase.

My list of things to do is growing smaller now. I think I'll replace the engine mounts and transmission mounts tomorrow and then be ready for my autocross Sunday.

My Cars
    Turbo E36, V8 E39
    Installed euro mtech II steering wheel, m cluster, painted valve cover with customize ccv and new vc gasket, and new m bumper front lip. The customized turbo intake filter with a 10an fitting to complete my ccv system. Will run from vc to catch can, then from catch can to turbo filter. Removing and reinstalling the vc without taking the downpipe off was a PITA. Productive day to say the least.

My Cars
    E36
    First time in my ownership I finally reset the service lights! Why hadn't I don't this sooner?!?!
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    A couple of hooptys
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    First time in my ownership I finally reset the service lights! Why hadn't I don't this sooner?!?!
    You're going to find the service intervals are stupid. I mean, they're cool, but they're useless. I do my oil changes once per year (about 10k miles), and this year mine is due in June and I still have 3 of 5 green bars left. So their intervals are realllllly long. All the same, I reset my lights when I do my servicing!

1997 328i/4/5 - Cosmosschwarz Metallic on Dove Grey - Auto/Manual Swap - M3 Bilstein Sport/H&R Sports (95 M3 mounts) - Offset M3 LCAB - 20mm M3 rear sway bar - X-Brace - AA Tuning Strut Tower Bar - Rogue Engineering RSM - Dinan Cat-Back - 3.38 LSD - E46 330 front/328 rear brakes - SS Brake Lines - E36 fitment Style 42's (staggered) - M3 Front Bumper - M3 side moldings - M3 Rear Diffuser - DJ Auto Headlights (6k HIDS) - Frenched Fogs - OEM Clear Tails - E65 Rearview Mirror (Homelink controls + Autodim) - Alpine Type S Cabin Speakers (6x9 Retrofit) - 8" JVC woofer - Black Kidneys - Red Needles/Chrome Gauge Rings - OEM Alarm - Full Interior/Trunk LED Lighting - Mishimoto Full-Aluminum Radiator - More to Come!

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Quote Originally Posted by jagerking View Post
    You're going to find the service intervals are stupid. I mean, they're cool, but they're useless. I do my oil changes once per year (about 10k miles), and this year mine is due in June and I still have 3 of 5 green bars left. So their intervals are realllllly long. All the same, I reset my lights when I do my servicing!
    Im alergic to that crap .. I reset it all as soon as I lose one green bar .. every. Single. Time.

Lmao

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    Replaced the left rear caliper and put new fluid in the system. My pressure bleeder from BavAuto makes that job a breeze, just needed my torch to make sure I didn't twist off any bleeders.

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Sorted out my charging issue and enjoyed the sound of my car running again. Now I just need to clean the ICV to get the idle sorted out
    1993 325is 5speed mauritiusblau-metallic(in project mode)

My Cars
    rolls coal
    Finally got progress with my car to update my build thread. In the past two days, I've done the PCV, engine mounts, and transmission mounts for better drivability. I've also rewired my head unit, programmed my alarm and installed my front bumper reinforcement bar for cosmetics and creature comforts. Very productive two days.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    replaced my foglights with covers, repainted my mirrors(they were stone chipped to hell), and yesterday i did oil service. car needs a wash, but cbf with this weather we're having at the moment

My Cars
    320i
    + e brake handle
    + e brake boot
    + armrest

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    Ordered a clutch fan and went on a cruise with a couple of my buddies
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1993 325is
    I adjusted my headlights again and re-aligned my hood. I also replaced my missing tail light and checked to see if my battery was causing the issue with my bouncing idle(not causing the issue.

My Cars
    rolls coal
    Installed my vapor barrier, coroplast door panel and speakers for my driver's door. I then conditioned the (dried) leather again in hopes to get it softer by the summer.

Tomorrow is my first autocross with it. I've brought oil, coolant and ATF in case anything catastrophic happens to it. I cross my fingers and knock on wood that nothing breaks so I can keep trucking along with my build.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    I got it running better now. Put octane booster in and the idle quickly balanced out after a good rev to blow out the BS then I just sat back and just watched it look beautiful in the rain.

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Attempted to do lower rear ball joints and RTABS. Eccentric bolt through ball joint would not come out, including using an air hammer, air impact, and jaw puller. Guess it's going to the shop.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323Is
    bought these babies:

My Cars
    '98 M3 'Vert '07 328xit
    Got my car out of winter storage!

Then spent 90 minutes fixing my seat recline gear after my 8 year old son ran it down all the way against the rear seat and stripped the gear.

My Cars
    X5 35d, 328xi, E36 M3
    Been busy with my new toy lately.

-Rotella T6 oil change
    -Cleaned and conditioned the leather. It was pretty dirty
    -Replaced dildo shift knob with zhp knob. Much classier now. Ha
    -Replaced shift boot and e brake boot
    -Replaced cabin air filter. Yuck
    -Charged ac
    -Replaced HK amplifier
    -Replaced blown kick panel woofers
    -Installed sony head unit. Color adjustable!
    -Fixed rocker trim piece
    -Swapped uuc catback for stromung with a fellow forum member
    -Depo headlight swap with angel eyes
    -Cleaned, scrubbed, cleaned, scrubbed, more scrubbing to do on the contours. Potentially the worlds thickest brake dust on them...
    -Wash and wax. Plastic trim restorer applied
    -Replaced bmw wheel center caps
    -Replaced missing coin holder console piece
    -Replaced faded M3 trunk badge

The list of to do's is long! But I'm enjoying it. The car is mechanically solid, so I've got that going for me. Fingers crossed.
    97 Cosmos M3 Coupe - Not Stock
    http://

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is ~ E36
    Finally fixed my disappearing/reappearing coolant problem. Found a small leak from the coolant bleed screw that must have allowed air in the system? When I re-bled the coolant under vacuum, the problem is now gone and no longer kicking on my "check coolant level" error.

My Cars
    '89 325iC
    Nearly finished up the rear end. LH RTAB, wheel Bearing, new hub and axle shaft. Also replaced sway bar links and rubbers. Had a crack in my exhaust welded as well. Busy day.

Rear wheel bearing has been the worst job on this car so far. Old axle absolutely seized into hub. Ended taking the entire TA off and having a shop press it out. Just have the RH RTAB (which also isn't a fun job) tomorrow and the old E36 is back on the road.

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSE34 View Post
    Nearly finished up the rear end. LH RTAB, wheel Bearing, new hub and axle shaft. Also replaced sway bar links and rubbers. Had a crack in my exhaust welded as well. Busy day.

Rear wheel bearing has been the worst job on this car so far. Old axle absolutely seized into hub. Ended taking the entire TA off and having a shop press it out. Just have the RH RTAB (which also isn't a fun job) tomorrow and the old E36 is back on the road.
    How do you do the RTABS while the arm is on the car? We tried yesterday and the arm doesn't come down low enough to get any puller tool up in there.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    I did my RTABs without removing the arms, did you take out the bolt that holds the e-brake cable? Mine came down far enough to drive them out with an air chisel.

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
    I did my RTABs without removing the arms, did you take out the bolt that holds the e-brake cable? Mine came down far enough to drive them out with an air chisel.
    I removed the bracket that holds the brake lines to the inside of the arm. It didn't really do anything other than make sure the rubber hose wasn't in a bind.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

Page 444 of 707 FirstFirst ... 344394419434435436437438439440441442443444445446447448449450451452453454469494544 ... LastLast