Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your interior Mods.

Post your interior Mods.

I'm currently working through some interior mods on the MCoupe - and was wondering what interior modifications others have done to their Z's? I'll post mine when it's done on Monday.

Post pics!
    Eurolove!!

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    No remote linking!

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe SC'd
    Oooohhh, I got something for you,stay tuned!
    Mods: A Few...Rod Bearings, VF Eng. SC stage 1 - 5 lbs, HP Coil packs, Underdrive Pulleys, Organic race Clutch, CDV Delete, Shift pins, Short shift kit w/bushings, Shortened shift lever, Randy's Subframe, IE Bushings, TCKline suspension, Adj. Cast. Camb. (front), Adj. Camb. (rear) 700# springs, RSM, Rogue cover, Metric Mechanix trick variable ramp LSD 3.46, Wilwood Big Brakes, 18" CCW LM's, 315 30R 18, PSII's Complete custom exhaust… Ceramic coated headers ID/OD, Race cats, Eisenmann sport w/83 mm, Custom gauge pod, Custom gauges, Dual Wide band Air/Fuel monitoring, Built-in scan gauge, Becker Traffic Pro, Seat hump removal-both sides, Seat front raise, ACS rare low profile rear wing, Smoked tails, HID's Lightly smoked,
    Special Thanks To: Randy Forbes Rocknroad 2Kredz3 MC28REPSOL IslandS62 Clintjg jonesmechanical Ron Stygar and many more on our board!

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Here are mine:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...e+taking+shape

Additional mods found in link below sig.
    Last edited by cngizbleevng; 05-28-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Just one interior mod...

Was:

Is:

Oh, and I did recover the hardtop in microsuede:

Cheers,
    Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    UUC Rk5 shifter and eBrake. Front seat lift...provides more "recline" to the seat. Lots more leather mods to come when RocknRoad is back on the forum
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    Covered the hockey sticks, a pillars, and steering wheel tabs in suede, digital gauges

3.73 | TCK S/A w/ H&R Sport | M50 manifold | IE Subframe Bushings, RSM, & SS brake lines | Shark Injector | UUC Evo3 SSK & DSSR | Cosmos Strut Brace | ASC, Resonator, CDV Delete

My Cars
    98 MZ3, 01 325iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry F. View Post
    Just one interior mod...
    Very interesting Terry.

I've got the same original color combo and have thought about doing almost the exact same thing. If I do it I will leave the steering wheel black, but otherwise that's what I had in mind. Any more pix?
    George Roffe
    98 M Roadster
    01 325iT

Cheers,
    Terry
    That looks great! Did you just have a local shop do that for you?
    Eurolove!!

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8, 91 Volvo 940 SE
    Just one interior mod...
    Cheers,
    Terry
    Terry...you're just sick.

But then again, here mine:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=864242

Cheers,
    Gibber

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    97 E36 M3, 07 Audi RS4
    Recaro Pole Position seats, Schroth five point harnesses, HMS roll bar, Italnovari small diameter steering wheel (lowered to height of seats). Performance at the expense of comfort. Major benefit - wife no longer wants to drive the car.

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT

My Cars
    '03 M3
    Terry, did you get new seats to have covered or are those your black/grey ones?

My Cars
    99 528iT
    RingoZabel: Do you have any pictures/ writeup or tips for the seat and harness install? What did you use for the seatbelt receivers? Thanks!
    :: 1999 BMW 528iT ::
    LS3 / T56 swapped

My Cars
    AT-AT

And the most important interior mod in my opinion...my anti rearview goo barf bag (just incase it decides to leak):
    The search box is awesome..try it!

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Quote Originally Posted by btotoro View Post
    And the most important interior mod in my opinion...my anti rearview goo barf bag (just incase it decides to leak):
    Other than seats and harnesses, that's probably the most functional mod yet!
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    97 E36 M3, 07 Audi RS4
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoRotate View Post
    RingoZabel: Do you have any pictures/ writeup or tips for the seat and harness install? What did you use for the seatbelt receivers? Thanks!
    Currently I am using the factory seatbelt receiver. It and the inboard part of the harness are both bolted at the inboard side of the seat itself at the seat bracket. Alot of people do it this way.

I used used VAC floor mounts and sliders. The VAC floor mounts required me to cut a little bit of floor carpet at the rear outboard side to get them to fit flush. Install them first and make them tight.

Bolt the seats to the mounting bracket/sliders. On the inboard side be sure to bolt on the seatbelt receiver if you do it that way. Bolt the inboard side tight and the outboard side loosely to allow some play for rest of install the line up.

Move the seat on the slider as far back as possible to expose front mounting holes in slider. Set the assembly down on the floor mounts. Bolt the two front slider bolts to the floor mounts, again loosely so there is plenty of play for rest of install.

Sit in the seat and slide it forward so that rear bolt holes in bracket/sliders are exposed. I had to drill out a little bit of material from the rear slider bolt holes to get them to line up with the floor mounts. Getting these bolts to line up was the hardest part. I ended up using a pry bar for leverage to hold the brackets in place to get the bolts started.

Once you have all four bracket holes started, bo back and tighten the outboard bolt on the seat to bracket, and all four mounting bolts for bracket to floor mounts. Viola.
    Last edited by RingoZabel; 05-29-2009 at 08:45 AM.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Carbon fiber leather steering wheel and e-brake boot. Also have a matching e-brake handle now, but no pics yet.

Why be stock?

www.the-mod-squad.org

My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
    Very interesting Terry.

I've got the same original color combo and have thought about doing almost the exact same thing. If I do it I will leave the steering wheel black, but otherwise that's what I had in mind. Any more pix?
    Thanks! I don't have too many pics but here's a couple more...

Quote Originally Posted by liquid1010 View Post
    That looks great! Did you just have a local shop do that for you?
    Yes, I went to a local shop and had them quote the job and I picked the color from samples. I did this about a year and a half ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber66 View Post
    Terry...you're just sick.

But then again, here mine:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=864242

Cheers,
    Gibber
    Oh yeah, I'm sick. Look in the mirror, Gibber. The results are great, btw. That was quite a project you tackled.

BR,
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by M Pete View Post
    Terry, did you get new seats to have covered or are those your black/grey ones?
    Pete, those are the original seats. I have no plans on returning to stock. The whole car is molested, why not the seat too.

Thanks,
    Terry
    Last edited by Terry F.; 05-28-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    2013 328 M Sport Coupe

Thumbs up

Terry,

Was the new leather put on top of the old or was the original removed first? It looks fantastic BTW!

Also, was the cost astronomical?
    Last edited by dsuraci; 05-29-2009 at 04:52 AM.
    - Dean

My Cars
    98 MZ3, 01 325iT
    Geez Terry, that just looks freakin' awesome. Just what I had in my mind. <drool>

Hey, did the local shop do the steering wheel or what's the deal? The only thing I really dislike about my car is the thin rimmed steering wheel. Shoot, the sport wheel in my E46 is thicker and nicer. I've thought of getting a kit that stitches over the stock leather to thicken the wheel.
    George Roffe
    98 M Roadster
    01 325iT

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    My interior was originally black and woodgrain. I added some Topaz Blue leather tidbits, along with an M center console. Also added some brushed steel and chrome accents, including pedals, e-brake handle, shift knob. A subtle mod is the white needles in the M console gauges, and relocated OBC.

Last edited by robrez; 02-27-2013 at 02:02 PM.

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8, 91 Volvo 940 SE
    Oh yeah, I'm sick. Look in the mirror, Gibber. The results are great, btw. That was quite a project you tackled.
    "Hey Kettle...it's Pot." Yeah, but your result almost make me want to do mine over again...almost.

Yours is one of the best interior color combinations I've ever seen, but I don't think it would work as well with my Boston Green. Yu da man!

Cheers,
    Gibber
    Last edited by Gibber66; 05-29-2009 at 07:40 AM.

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by dsuraci View Post
    Terry,

Was the new leather put on top of the old or was the original removed first? It looks fantastic BTW!

Also, was the cost astronomical?
    The original leather was removed and used as patterns for the new hides. Cost? Under $2500, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
    Geez Terry, that just looks freakin' awesome. Just what I had in my mind. <drool>

Hey, did the local shop do the steering wheel or what's the deal? The only thing I really dislike about my car is the thin rimmed steering wheel. Shoot, the sport wheel in my E46 is thicker and nicer. I've thought of getting a kit that stitches over the stock leather to thicken the wheel.
    Easy fix. Get a hold of rocknroad on this forum and have him add a layer of leather to your wheel. I had some leftover leather and he recovered my wheel, making it a little thicker. He does fantastic work and is a great guy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber66 View Post
    "Hey Kettle...it's Pot." Yeah, but your result almost make me want to do mine over again...almost.

Yours is one of the best interior color combinations I've ever seen, but I don't think it would work as well with my Boston Green. Yu da man!

Cheers,
    Gibber
    Thanks, Gibber, for your kind words. There's nothing unique or special about my interior, I just did a color change to tan. I used perforated & non-perforated hides instead of two colors on the seats. It was easy to do, just write the check. That's waaaay to big of a project for me to do myself.

Best regards,
    Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    e30, e46, Super Duty
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid1010 View Post
    Post pics!
    This one was taken a while back...

1991 e30 318is Slicktop - Gone
    1996 LS1 Z3 - Gone
    99 e46 323i - Gone
    2003 e46 xiT - Hers