Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: New Polk db1001 Tweeters installed!

My Cars
    Mercedes

New Polk db1001 Tweeters installed!

Wow, what a big difference. I think the head unit and the tweeters are the biggest weakness in the HK system. I updated with an Alpine iDA-X200 with a USB iPod connection and the Polk Audio db1001 1" tweeters. They make a huge difference and an inexpensive solution. The head unit was $135 at Crutchfields and the amazing tweeters were only $48 at Amazon. You can also use the existing HK tweeter speaker grids if you want to maintain the OEM look but I changed them out so I could move and angle the tweeters to my listening position.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by edgedude; 05-02-2009 at 08:57 PM.

My Cars
    97 M3 Coupe
    Wow that looks nice!, you have an awesome looking dash at night thats sick!

My Cars
    '99 328i
    Are the HK tweets still in good shape? You willing to sell them? Lemme know brianATtubbylunchboxDOTcom.

Thanks!

My Cars
    Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gross328i View Post
    Are the HK tweets still in good shape? You willing to sell them? Lemme know brianATtubbylunchboxDOTcom.

Thanks!
    I sent you the Metra Harness and the antenna adapter today. You can have the tweeters, as is, for $25 shipped. I'm not sure how well they work because I just took them off without paying too much attention to them although they cosmetically look fine. Just Paypal me like before.

When you upgrade your stereo, make sure you connect the blue/white remote power from your head unit wire to the blue wire on the Metra BMW harness.
    Last edited by edgedude; 05-03-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    z3
    Normally I dont like aftermaket HUs that have blue screens cause it throws off the amber of the interior but, with that BMW lit up in blue it looks great. Seems like you practically stole the HU at that price too!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    Normally I dont like aftermaket HUs that have blue screens cause it throws off the amber of the interior but, with that BMW lit up in blue it looks great. Seems like you practically stole the HU at that price too!
    Crutchfield had an open box fully warranty Alpine. They said I could return it if I wasn't happy with it so it was a great deal. They included the harness and antenna adapter so I sold the ones I bought on Ebay. It a great HU. and mixers in well with the BMW lights the PO installed. Yeah, looks great at night with the top down for Summertime.

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    I would prefer the factory sunglass holder over the BMW sign, but it does match the Alpine quite nicely.

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Glad you got it worked out. Install looks clean

My Cars
    Jetta
    Tweeters are listed as $90 on Amazon right now. Any other suggestions to get them for the price you have listed?
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott
    Custom watch straps for sale

FOR SALE: watch straps!!

E36 DIY: My articles are now located in the E36 DIY page

My Cars
    2014 Toyota Corolla S
    lol since when did edgedude get suspended
    2006 Z4 Black/Black-Sold
    2002 Z3 Black/Beige-Sold
    2004 Imola Red/Black M3-Sold
    2005 Alpine White/Gray M3-Sold
    1999 Alpine White/Mulberry M3-Sold