Thread: Front hood emblem

My Cars
    2003 Z4, 1998 Camry

Front hood emblem

I have a 2003 Z4, The front hood emblem is faded and needs replaced. Does anyone know how these are put on. DO they snap in, screw in? Is there any easy way of getting to it?

My Cars
    2005 BMW Z4 2.5i
    Quote Originally Posted by Z430 View Post
    I have a 2003 Z4, The front hood emblem is faded and needs replaced. Does anyone know how these are put on. DO they snap in, screw in? Is there any easy way of getting to it?
    Here is a link on how to replace one:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...30-Roundel.htm
    2005 2.5i Roadster - Sterling gray w/black interior and black top. Premium package, steptronic, leather, xenon, bluetooth, BMW Assist, BMW OEM alarm, BMW Sirius radio, Roadster Solutions windscreen, aux-in, sound generator, LeatherZ console and armrests, first-aid boxes, and Goodyear Eagle GTs.

My Cars
    2004 Z4 3.0i
    that pelican parts info is incorrect for the z4. There are no grommets on the front roundel, only speed nuts. you take the grille out and can unscrew it from behind with your fingers. New ones go on the same way. I installed cf emblems but a bit of modification was required as they don't make the correct one for the z4.

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
    First time poster - just got my Z4M coupe and the hood emblem was faded. I foolishly went to the Pelican website, saw the video (which looked simple enough), and proceeded to damage my car! After prying it up just a bit, I could see that there was more than just 2 grommets holding this thing in place. Frustrated, I just grabbed one of the grills off and found the nuts holding this thing in place. My new rule of thumb is just because you see it online for a BMW doesn't mean it is for the Z4M!!!! Lesson learned.

My Cars
    Many
    Search is your freind. I swear to god it is....
    You all never seem to have enough time to do the job properly the first time, but you always seem to find the time to do it a second time......... ME

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
    Search is your freind. I swear to god it is....
    Nope, it's always better to put it together than read the instructions!
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.