Thread: BMW 2004 745 li

My Cars
    BMW2004 745li

Question BMW 2004 745 li

Hello everyone

I m new to this forum, after several months of searching and reading the good and the complains I bought BMW 2004 li with 170000 km on it( the dealer gave me a 3 yr power train warranty), I will be bring it to the this Friday to a BMW dealer for a oil change, I would appreciate if I can have helpful tips to maintain the car especially the transmission or any opinions
    thanks

Malik

My Cars
    91 Vert RX-7
    Welcome to the forum/BMW's!
    Congrats on the purchase of a beautiful car.

My Cars
    '03 540i M-Tech
    check out the actual 7 series subforum, youll get some good advice from there.

SC*AR

My Cars
    02 745i 05 F150 Lariat
    Welcome and congrats on owning one of the most advanced BMWs to date.

My Cars
    2003 745LI/K1200GT
    Good car, you can't go wrong on your choice, very elegant.

My Cars
    7 series
    i will be the first one to say that the car is big trouble and expect all the electrical things to go wrong
    - 2008 BMW 535i - 2007 SUZUKI GSXR-750 - 2003 BMW 745i SOLD -

My Cars
    2003 760LI
    Quote Originally Posted by seven11 View Post
    i will be the first one to say that the car is big trouble and expect all the electrical things to go wrong
    +1
    i would sell it and cut your losses. these cars are nothing but trouble and if you dont have a warranty get ready to spend $$$

My Cars
    Yeah, I can drive them.
    Boy you two are negative! Not all e66's are trouble. Even with the small problems mine has had (I'm guessing you would call any problem big) it is still a very reliable, comfortable, elegant car. Since the two of you seem to be so down on the 7, why are you driving them?

(Yeah, go ahead and comment about how mine is for sale yada, yada, yada.....)

To the OP, I know someone who specializes in aftermarket warranties for luxury cars. They are not the cheapest, but, they are very, very good. I would be happy to put you into contact with him if you wish. I will NOT advertise the company or his name here. I will tell you that he will even help file a claim and fight for you should a claim get turned down. I do not get any thing out of referring him either. He is simply a straight up good car guy.

My Cars
    02 745i 05 F150 Lariat
    Those guys with the negative comments were meant for each other and djsunny does not even own a e65 anymore so i don't know why he hangs around? As far as seven11 why do you keep upgrading your 745 to look like a sport if you hate BMW 745 so much?

Anyway they both got screwed with lemons but that does not mean they all are

My Cars
    2003 745LI/K1200GT
    Ive rather not pay attention to negative comment. I think they are on a mission for life to provide negative comments on the 7 series (E65/E66). lol

My Cars
    2003 760LI
    Quote Originally Posted by unirok View Post
    Those guys with the negative comments were meant for each other and djsunny does not even own a e65 anymore so i don't know why he hangs around? As far as seven11 why do you keep upgrading your 745 to look like a sport if you hate BMW 745 so much?

Anyway they both got screwed with lemons but that does not mean they all are
    then that means you and magastos2 are meant for each other since you guys think the E65/66 is bullet proof

My Cars
    02 745i 05 F150 Lariat
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunny View Post
    then that means you and magastos2 are meant for each other since you guys think the E65/66 is bullet proof

Not bullet proof since no car is but I am not going to post just to trash talk the car every time. You got rid of yours so be happy and move on..

My Cars
    2003 745LI/K1200GT
    Quote Originally Posted by unirok View Post
    Not bullet proof since no car is but I am not going to post just to trash talk the car every time. You got rid of yours so be happy and move on..
    Amen!

My Cars
    1 German/ 1 American
    IS that 17K or 170K km??

My Cars
    08 750i, X5 4.6is
    Just drive and enjoy your ride....

My Cars
    BMW 2005 745 li

Question

Quote Originally Posted by alexlakeman View Post
    IS that 17K or 170K km??
    it is 170000 km

Hello Everyone
    My luggage door open by remote key but when press the red button located in side the ( Back) luggage door it does not closes and have to manually close the luggage door, Would appreciate very much any help

thanks
    Malik
    Last edited by malikmahmood; 03-07-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2002 BMW 745i
    Quote Originally Posted by malikmahmood View Post
    it is 170000 km

Hello Everyone
    My luggage door open by remote key but when press the red button located in side the ( Back) luggage door it does not closes and have to manually close the luggage door, Would appreciate very much any help

thanks
    Malik
    Ah, seems like a battery problem. I'm currently having battery problems, but soon going to get them fixed. I'd try this. Turn on the car, keep it on (Or drive it around) for a good 20-30 mins. Now, your battery will be well charged. Try the luggage button again, see if that works. If it does, you're good, if not, then it might be some electrical inner issue. If it works, but happens again, I'd suggest a new battery (About $100) which you put in from the TRUNK, not the HOOD, there is a connection in the hood, but the Battery itself is located in the trunk. Good luck , hope you get your problem fixed
    745i