Thread: Rim Fitment Cross-Reference?

My Cars
    E39 M62_Fluffy Scooter

Rim Fitment Cross-Reference?

Yes, I searched (ninny bitches). Is there a cross reference for rim fitment across models? I want to put my winter tires on their own rims this year.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthand View Post
    Yes, I searched (ninny bitches). Is there a cross reference for rim fitment across models? I want to put my winter tires on their own rims this year.

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    E39 M62_Fluffy Scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbi4u View Post
    Well, Then you guys need to seriously reconsider the search function capabilities. For those of us that do not have the entire BBS memorized the search doesn't always cough up what one wants. Perhaps, you should host a "search function tutorial".

I know you guys have helped a lot of people here on the forum and that is very commendable but you guy(s) sometimes err always hack people to death for asking questions that, perhaps to you, seem mundane, boring, idiotic, stupid, "well covered", etc. Last I checked, this is supposed to be a place people visit to share ideas and knowledge to help make owning these cars a bit more affordable and enjoyable. When you guys just start hacking away it completely takes away from the whole reason this Forum exists in the first place. If you are truly bothered that much, perhaps it is time to take a step back and analyze why you are still here cruising the Forum. Are you here strictly to "enforce" or are you still here to contribute? If you see a thread that is "stupid", you could simply ignore it and let all the other "idiotic minions" talk on it.

Ban away, hack away; do what you like. But the poor atmosphere you encourage is indeed real.

My Cars
    E39 M62_Fluffy Scooter

My Cars
    E39 M62_Fluffy Scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    Below are some past replys to a similar question:
    So, from this chart, it looks like the only wheels that would be a direct fit swap are either M5 or X5 but the X5's offset is too much, correct? I have 17x7.5 now. I think the likelihood of finding another set for winter tires (budget) is bleak....

Last edited by fifthand; 10-25-2008 at 01:27 PM.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    So, from this chart, it looks like the only wheels that would be a direct fit swap are either M5 or X5 but the X5's offset is too much, correct? I have 17x7.5 now. I think the likelihood of finding another set for winter tires (budget) is bleak....

In the case of the e39 5 series...the only other BMW original wheels that are a DIRECT fit are other e39 wheels. You are correct, the X5 wheels have the wrong offset.

BUT...there are a lot of e39 wheels to choose from. The only difference for the e39 is it's larger 74.1mm wheel hub. If you find a BMw original wheel from any other 5/6/7/8/Z8...you could have the center bore enlarged to fit...it's not too much money.

Another option is to pick up a set of aftermarket wheels or replicas...there are plenty of choices out there that will have the correct center bore/wheel hub. For instance, if you go to www.tirerack.com or www.discounttiredirect.com or www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/specials/bmw.shtml ...they have a lot of wheel/tire combos you could choose for a winter tire set up.

In fact, minus sizing is the better way to go in looking for a winter wheel/tire set up because a thinner taller tire is better for cutting thru snow...plus winter weather causes a lot of pavement heaving and pot holes...and the taller tire aspect protects better against damaging the wheels (out of round).

Also remember to NOT go below the standard size wheel for your car. For instance, the 15" wheel won't fit on some e39 models (and for some reason, I'm drawing a blank as to which e39 models can only use 16"-up).
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-25-2008 at 03:36 PM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

My Cars
    E39 M62_Fluffy Scooter
    .you could have the center bore enlarged to fit...it's not too much money.
    Would this compromise the structural integrity of the rim? Can any tire shop do it or would I need to find a machine shop? Do you happen to know the CB and Offset of the E60, E65 & E68? Thanks.

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    Would this compromise the structural integrity of the rim? Can any tire shop do it or would I need to find a machine shop? Do you happen to know the CB and Offset of the E60, E65 & E68? Thanks.
    Seriously........go search on google if you cant find it here. Even i found it just searching on google just now. EVERYONE knows the center bore on every wheel except the e39 is 72.1 unlike the e39 bore which is 74.1. A simple search on any of the vendors selling rims, will show you the offset. Sorry homey but spoonfeeding must stop somewhere.

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    1. Would this compromise the structural integrity of the rim?
    2. Can any tire shop do it or would I need to find a machine shop?
    3. Do you happen to know the CB and Offset of the E60, E65 & E68? Thanks.
    Some Answers:
    1. Not if done correctly
    2. You will need to find a shop...
    3. The CB (wheel hub), bolt pattern, & offset (range) of the e60/e65 ( in fact, every 5/6/7/8/Z8 BMW) is listed in just about every one of the links that I posted in reply #2 in this thread...not sure how you missed it...scroll back up and click on them...and READ the threads...don't just look at the chart that was posted in the first link.
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-26-2008 at 05:01 PM.

My Cars
    E39 M62_Fluffy Scooter
    and READ the threads...don't just look at the chart that was posted in the first link.
    I did. Using Google, I was able to find out that some E60 front rims would have proper offset. Either way, it is obvious that the E39 is an unwanted step child in the rim interchange department.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    I did. Using Google...
    1. I was able to find out that some E60 front rims would have proper offset...
    2. it is obvious that the E39 is an unwanted step child in the rim interchange department.
    1. All e60 5 series "front" rims have the "proper offset". Looking thru the list of e60 wheels...it appears that most have a 20mm offset...and some had an 18mm offset. As was stated already in the links to the old posts...ALL 5/6/7/8/Z8 BMW models have an offset RANGE between 11mm - 28mm...so that means whether the e60 "front" wheel is 18mm or 20mm...it FALLS between the RANGE of 11mm-28mm. Its the few (new) 5/6/7 rear wheels with the 32mm wheel offset that may not fit properly without some "manipulation".

2. The e39 may be a "step child"...but I wouldn't say that it is "unwanted"....more like a "red-headed step child" It's welcome in the family...it just has a feature that's just well....a little different than the rest of the family!