Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to buy non ethanol gasoline or 98 octane in portland.

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3

Question where to buy non ethanol gasoline or 98 octane in portland.

anyone know where i can get some non ethanol gas or 98 octane.. no race fuel. in portland?

My Cars
    E36 M3 & E46 M3 E63 M6
    yeah this ethanol crap is killing our cars.

E63 M6 Indy Red
    2004 Carbon Schwarz M3 8000k Hids
    Dixis titanium Spirit exhaust Tein S-tech K&N 63
    fipk
    R.I.P--> 1995 E36 M3

My Cars
    E36 M3 & E46 M3 E63 M6

E63 M6 Indy Red
    fipk
    R.I.P--> 1995 E36 M3

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    WTF! This is why I cant stand "green" people. I know we can get this fuel some where... I will call the local fuel guys

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    found 104 unleaded $46 per 5 gal barrel. want me to bring you some david? I know im getting some.

My Cars
    2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
    im pretty sure that we ahve always had this up here in washington

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    yup longview...

My Cars
    '95 M3 #5805
    Quote Originally Posted by e46m3sean View Post
    WTF! This is why I cant stand "green" people. I know we can get this fuel some where... I will call the local fuel guys
    Most environmentalists don't support ethanol. Its a really dumb idea and people now are starting to realize it. Ethanol makes 1.3 units of energy for ever 1 unit put in for production. So basically it yields nothing, and takes up a shitload of land to produce. And has the potential to raise food prices (not only the price of corn, but it greatly impacts price of livestock feed and thus meat prices). And the government gives ridiculous subsidies (i.e. according to NPR they give out more money than get back to get the ball rolling on ethanol production) for farmers to shift from growing wheat/soy to corn and biomass.

So don't blame environmentalists for this. Blame the government bureaucracy and local leaders to pushed for a stupid, short term solution.

My Cars
    Radio Flyer Wagon, Red
    There has been ethanol in gasoline for as long as I can remember... though it's never been as high a percentage as it has now.

My Cars
    None
    ethanol is awesome. I can't wait until e85 or e98 is available at the pumps around here. Dunno why you guys think it's bad for your car...

My Cars
    fast ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose City View Post
    Most environmentalists don't support ethanol. Its a really dumb idea and people now are starting to realize it. Ethanol makes 1.3 units of energy for ever 1 unit put in for production. So basically it yields nothing, and takes up a shitload of land to produce. And has the potential to raise food prices (not only the price of corn, but it greatly impacts price of livestock feed and thus meat prices). And the government gives ridiculous subsidies (i.e. according to NPR they give out more money than get back to get the ball rolling on ethanol production) for farmers to shift from growing wheat/soy to corn and biomass.

So don't blame environmentalists for this. Blame the government bureaucracy and local leaders to pushed for a stupid, short term solution.
    +1, it just drives up the prices of all foods. i watched an interesting film on discovery i think that talked about Maze and how everything is made of corn. Cow feed has corn. Fertilizer has corn. 95% of natural consumables are going to have corn, so this just drives up prices of food and gas

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    Quote Originally Posted by DakarE36 View Post
    ethanol is awesome. I can't wait until e85 or e98 is available at the pumps around here. Dunno why you guys think it's bad for your car...

Dont know if you have noticed that it makes cars run like $h*t my dad is an auto mechanic and has had numerous cars come in because of the high amounts of ethanol. I bet you will be praising it too when your sitting on the side of the road with your car spittin and sputtering.

My Cars
    E36 M3 & E46 M3 E63 M6
    found 104 unleaded $46 per 5 gal barrel. want me to bring you some david? I know im getting some.
    yeah! ill take some where can you get it from?

E63 M6 Indy Red
    fipk
    R.I.P--> 1995 E36 M3

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    in longview or local. I think i have the hookup local here in A town though

My Cars
    E36 M3 & E46 M3 E63 M6
    yeah, did you read the comments on the link i gave? even the crap hybrids are having problems with the ethanol garbage.. pretty soon we will have to buy one of those E85 conversion kits for our cars lol

E63 M6 Indy Red
    fipk
    R.I.P--> 1995 E36 M3

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    Yeah its bad! there are so many complaints though I think they will eventually do away with it. lol im gonna have to drive 60mi with 10 gal of fuel in my trunk..

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    i gotta run my car low on gas when i get up there too.

My Cars
    E36 M3 & E46 M3 E63 M6
    lol maybe you shouldnt bring me some then i dont want you to have any accidents in your trunk that would suck

E63 M6 Indy Red
    fipk
    R.I.P--> 1995 E36 M3

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    lol well i am gonna bring at least some for me.. I will call you tommorow and let you know.

My Cars
    E36 M3 & E46 M3 E63 M6
    sounds good

E63 M6 Indy Red
    fipk
    R.I.P--> 1995 E36 M3

My Cars
    None

Dont know if you have noticed that it makes cars run like *t my dad is an auto mechanic and has had numerous cars come in because of the high amounts of ethanol. I bet you will be praising it too when your sitting on the side of the road with your car spittin and sputtering.
    I'm not going to argue with someone like yourself who hasn't educated themselves properly on ethanol.

The fact is that ethanol has a MUCH higher octane rating (among other benefits) and allows you to run a lot more timing on top of the factory specs. Granted you'll need a retune of the factory ecu (and possibly larger injectors/fuel pump) with higher concentrations of ethanol like e85 and e98.

On your stock daily driver you'll notice slightly worse fuel economy (using the pump E10 that is everywhere right now) due to ethanol having less energy by volume, but on a modified car tuned for it...there are lots of benefits.

Ethanol and Methanol are extremely similar...do you see the HPF stg2+ cars with methanol injection "spittin and sputtering"?
    Last edited by DakarE36; 10-23-2008 at 08:13 PM.

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    No your right I havent educated myself at all. thats why david (pizdous) and I, and many other people have had problems with the ethanol content in the gas. and btw for your noobself the e46 automatically adapts to different levels of gas and also other accessories. but why not the ethanol equipped gas? oh thats right because its junk and doesnt burn properly in our cars. thats why were seeking high octane no ethanol gas! so praise ethanol all you want. And if you want I can give you my number so I can come give you a ride when your car wont run from the ethanol in your gas

My Cars
    None
    here we go... (told myself I wouldn't argue with you)

Stoich air/fuel ratio (for closed loop aka cruising on the freeway for economy)

Gasoline: 14.7:1
    E10: ~14.1:1

More fuel needs to be injected when using E10. While your Double Vanos is infinitely variable for timing, that has nothing to do with your factory ecu which was tuned for standard fuel (without ethanol) and closed loop operation somewhere around 14.7:1.

Yes your car will run fine without tuning, but if tuned specifically for E10---

YOU WILL MAKE MORE POWER THAN YOU CURRENTLY DO WITH REGULAR PREMIUM FUEL. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

p.s. with a join date of 2008 you should rethink who you call "noob"
    Last edited by DakarE36; 10-23-2008 at 08:31 PM.

My Cars
    2005 CB/CINN M3
    K now u can go find the guy thats gonna "tune" our software for this $%*t blend of fuel and worst gas mileage? yeah dont think so. More fuel demands bigger injectors, another expense. our M cars werent designed to run ethanol and statistics show that it really doesnt burn cleaner. so why would I want to use it? Its just costing everyone money and theres no reason for it. Thats the reason why we want 104 unleaded.

My Cars
    None
    K now u can go find the guy thats gonna "tune" our software for this $%*t blend of fuel and worst gas mileage? yeah dont think so. More fuel demands bigger injectors, another expense. our M cars werent designed to run ethanol and statistics show that it really doesnt burn cleaner. so why would I want to use it? Its just costing everyone money and theres no reason for it. Thats the reason why we want 104 unleaded.
    what leads you to believe your stock injectors are ANYWHERE near their full duty cycle?

Furthermore, there are a number of tuners with access to the MSS54 ecu and they would be glad to help you out for a very reasonable price. If you rather try things out on your own, there are piggybacks readily available (exactly what HPF is using on their turbo cars). Obviously you've no idea how stuff works under the hood so I'll step back off my soapbox now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast