Thread: Bluetooth Upgrade Module with iPhone

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745Li

Bluetooth Upgrade Module with iPhone

I have installed the Bluetooth Upgrade module BTUM in my 2004 745Li and used it with my iPhone, non 3g, with 2.o software. It works fine, imported all contacts, can use all hands free items as well as dial pad on dash, Also woks with my Motorola RAZR 3G

My Cars
    Misc.
    Those pucks work pretty well! Does yours integrate with voice command as well?

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745Li
    Yes, it does. To early to tell everything it does or doesn't do, I only installed it yesterday, 7/26 - But so far it's very good.

My Cars
    02 745i 05 F150 Lariat
    BTUM is amazing!!!!!I love it but wish the voice quality if the 745i speakerphone was better.

My Cars
    2002 745LI / 2001 e320
    I have one for sale for 2002 BMW 745li , it works with my Treo 755p and i use the dial pad and voice any one interested let me know mohie_eldeen@yahoo.com its model is

BTUM 8000

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745Li
    after a few days of using the BTUM with iPhone it's all good except when the BTUM detects my Motorola RAZR (when the iPhone is not near) I have to unpair then pair again the iPhone. I'll just unpair the RAZR and leave it that way, it's the least used phone in the car anyway.

My Cars
    02 745

pair cpt 8000 with i phone

i just bought an cpt 8000 for my 02 745 (02/02) and the iphone can't seem to pair with it..............any help

My Cars
    2003 BMW 760Li
    what model of BTUM did the people up top that got their iphones to work with use?

My Cars
    BMW 745i
    Quote Originally Posted by jayline View Post
    i just bought an cpt 8000 for my 02 745 (02/02) and the iphone can't seem to pair with it..............any help
    jayline: I just got mine this weekend as well and installed it without a hitch. What problem are you having pairing? It should be super straightforward:

1) Press and hold the blue light on the BTUM for more than 3 seconds.
    2) On your iphone, go to bluetooth and you should see BTUM or something like that. Choose it and enter the code printed on back of your BTUM.

That's it.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745Li
    The BLUETOOTH module I used is BTUM from BMW - you can look in eBay or get it from the dealer. The dealer may be a little more expensive, but if you tell them or show them a better price they may match it.

2004 745

Insert the device into the phone cradle
    A blue light should come on
    Go to your iPhone select settings/bluetooth
    Choose the bluetooth module
    Then when you are asked for the code enter it, it should pair, if not follow the steps again - the code is found on the module back, write it in the manual for quick reference or pairing later.

The address book should copy and then you can use it. If you update your phone address book you have to update the BTUM, press the blue button ONLY for about 1 second and you'll see a display on your monitor that says it's reading data, wait and when it's done you'll see all your entries. Holding the blue button for 3 seconds forces a new pairing sequence.

My Cars
    BMW 335i Convertible
    What is a BTMU and where can I get one? I just bought a 2003 BMW 745li, and need a bluetooth system for my iPhone.

Thanks for any advice/help

Is the BTMU a bmw part?
    BMW 335i Convertible
    2009 iDrive, Sport Package, Convenience Package--

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745i
    I purchased the CPT9000BT and my Blackberry paired up fine. It copied all my contacts and displays my connection strenght and green lights indicating my battery remaining, BUT I had to verbally enter each contact separately, (the Voice Command recorded my voice saying each name and saving each phone number.) to be able to use hands free when calling.

My Cars
    04 BMW745li
    Can anyone tell me if you can use this advice and listen to your music on your phone throw it's bluetooth functions???

My Cars
    United States
    ^^^^^^^x2
    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    bmw 745i 2002

btum not paired

hi guys.
    i bought btum 8000 two months ago working well with iphone 3g.
    unfortully last week bluetooth doesnt recognize more btum and light blue works no stop.
    i tried turn off , hold for 1 second, after 30 seconds to reset and nothing...
    help please.
    marcio, sao paulo, brazil.

Hi
    Im in trouble with btum 8000 745 2002.
    It was working well and now no pairing.
    Blue lights working no stop.
    I tried turn off, press one second, 30 seconds to reset and nothing....
    What do?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by maugcosta; 12-23-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How much

How much

Quote Originally Posted by Momoizme
    I have one for sale for 2002 BMW 745li , it works with my Treo 755p and i use the dial pad and voice any one interested let me know mohie_eldeen@yahoo.com its model is

BTUM 8000
    How much you selling for