BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 1996 BMW 328i Sedan. all maint. records from 26k on. OEM+ mods.

My Cars
    90' M3, 98' M3

FS: 1996 BMW 328i Sedan. all maint. records from 26k on. OEM+ mods.

Sigh.

I'm selling my 1996 BMW 328i. It's black, with black leather interior. It's located in Eden Prairie MN.

The good:

-All work performed at ORR Auto in Eden Prairie from 26k miles to now (129,xxx miles). The only exceptions are brake pads, and oil changes which were either performed by me, or by Youngstedt's in Eden Prairie during busy times or winter months.

-full synthetic oil changes, always.

-H&R Sport springs

-Bilstein HD's

-bigger sway bars. I'll have to check the records for what brand, and what material bushings. It escapes me at the moment.

-New rear subframe, with re-enforcement tabs from Turner motorsport welded in by ORR.

-BMW Motorsport "X-Brace".

-17X7.5 and 17X8.5 BMW "M-Contour" wheels from E36 M3. Fairly new tires front and back.

-includes set of OEM BMW steelies with snow tires.

-M3 side mouldings, with "BMW Motorsport International" inserts.

-Front Strut bar

-M3 rear seat (stock rear seat is also included)

-I added a factory disc changer and bracket. Car was pre-wired, so no handyman hackjobs here

-New front brake pads about 5k ago. Work performed by me. I have the rears if they are wanted.

-You'll have a chance to read all of the service history, but the list is huge. 3 wheel bearings, ignition stalk, electronic climate control module, waterpump, thermostat, cats, o2 sensors etc. the car has been well cared for.

-Does not burn oil. No smoke, no fuss.

As for the not so good:

-Hail dents on hood. At least 10-15. they never stood out or bothered me much, you be the judge.

-A couple of the wheels could use re-finishing. One in particular has a fair amount of rash.

-rear drivers side fender is developing a small amount of rust.

-Dribble of coolant from neck of radiator. It hasn't gotten any worse in the last two years. It does not leak onto the ground, or cause the car to run adversely. It is a very small leak. I top off the coolant during oil changes as a precautionary measure. During my pre-purchase inspection I was told to keep an eye on it, and it has never worsened.

-a catalytic converter code was tripped about a month or so ago. It was tripped one time. It has not happened since, and young cats were installed by ORR at approximately 102k miles so I wouldn't forsee any problems, but I believe it's worth mentioning.

-Bushing for clutch pedal is squeaky. These have commonly been known to squeak even after replacement so I never bothered with it. Mildly annoying at best.

-Clutch is fine for daily driving, and can still chirp the tires in second sometimes, but probably wouldn't stand up to hard track driving more than a season maybe.

-Backlight for OE headunit is out. Buttons are still lit but the screen itself is out. Used Headunits go for about $50-80, or you can install an aftermarket one. I'm paranoid of a break-in so I left it alone.

I love love love love love love love this car. And I love it. I am fighting back the "weepies" as I type this. I do not want to sell, period. Unfortunately my choice is sell this, or sell my E30 M3 to keep my finances healthy. I've made my decision. Given a different set of circumstances I would own this car for years to come. It's never left me stranded, prices are reasonable for replacement parts and it's a lot of fun to drive. Whoever ends up with it will be able to tell the level of care that has been put into this vehicle. I've never tracked the car, but it's suspension set-up would be awesome for a track environment in it's current state. It's not perfect by any means, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find another E36 with as much service history, and sensible, adult installed "mods". This is not your typical "young owner threw some parts at it" type of car.

Here are some pictures. They're a little hodge-podge. I still have the red/clear lenses also.

Asking $8000 obo. I took a look at what similar cars are priced for on Autotrader, and values in NADA and KBB. My price is not out of line in my opinion. If you think it is, make me an offer.
    Last edited by aaronmjr; 07-07-2008 at 05:53 PM.
    4>2 Club member #3

My Cars
    92 325is
    very clean, beautiful interior. good luck with the sale.

My Cars
    90' M3, 98' M3
    Thank you.

I also added above that the sale includes a set of OEM steelies with snow tires, the stock rear seat, and the red/clear lenses. I would be willing to sell the car cheaper also if I could keep the Contours, and sell it with the steelies mounted.
    Last edited by aaronmjr; 07-07-2008 at 05:53 PM.
    4>2 Club member #3

My Cars
    '22 X3
    Glad to see you're keeping the E30 M3. Sucks to see you have to let the E36 go!

Good luck with the sale and whatever else.

My Cars
    E36 328I Sport Pckg
    mileage please..

My Cars
    98' 328is, 03' Passat
    Good luck Aaron!

Wanna trade your sport seats for my lux ones?
    1998 SchwartzII 328is 5MT | 2003 Fresco Green Passat 5MT | 2008 Monacoblau Z4 3.0si Roadster 6MT (gone) | 1993 Lagunegrun 325is 5MT (gone) | 1993 Alpine Weiss 325is 5MT (gone)

My Cars
    90' M3, 98' M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmersfreak View Post
    mileage please..
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronmjr View Post
    -All work performed at ORR Auto in Eden Prairie from 26k miles to now (129,xxx miles).

And Kyle, if you buy my bumper maybe?
    4>2 Club member #3

My Cars
    90' M3, 98' M3
    sale of car will now also include new center vent assembly, and brand new in the box E36 M3 front bumper (unless the bumper sells first). I'm going out to work on another car and will try to get some pictures up later today. Any questions let me know!
    4>2 Club member #3

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Hey this is a tiny bit rougher but just as nicely maintained sedan brother of my car!

Good luck with the sale, nice car!
    -Luke

EFFEKTIV Motorsport
    #189 GTS2 - Ground Control / Motorsport Hardware / Hawk Brakes
    Visit us @ https://www.facebook.com/EffektivMotorsport

My Cars
    90' M3, 98' M3
    Thanks!

Midwest
    4>2 Club member #3

My Cars
    90' M3, 98' M3
    I took tons of pictures today, but the car is pending sale.
    4>2 Club member #3

My Cars
    90' M3, 98' M3
    Deposit recieved.

Pictures can be seen here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1048582
    4>2 Club member #3

My Cars
    90' M3, 98' M3
    Sold

My last sit in the driver's seat.

I don't know what to do with my hands.

And yeah, I cried. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    4>2 Club member #3