Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention Z4 M Roadster and Coupe Owners

My Cars
    '07 335i, '06 Z4M, '03M3
    Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    If TheHack ever stops posting here, we're doomed.
    100% agreed...
    2006 Z4M Coupe: Epic Software, CDV delete, Dinan Strut Brace, TCKline Coilovers, Hawk DTC 60's, Alcon BBK, RPI Scoop, Remus Exhaust, AC Schnitzer rear wing
    2007 335i: Dinan stage 3 software, Dinan stage 2 suspension, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Oil cooler, Dinan Intercooler, UUC SSK and DSSR, K&N filter, BMW performance strut brace, BMW performance rear spoiler, BBS wheels, Super Sport Tyres, CDV delete, Dinan Cold Air Intake
    2003 M3 coilovers so far.....

It is seldom difficult to distinguish between a ray of sunshine and a Scotsman with a grievence. PG Woodhouse
    You're here for a good time not for a long time. Colin McRae
    It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations if you live near one. JRR Tolkien

My Cars
    Z4 ///M roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygnosis View Post
    ....there not being a huge number of differences from the regular Z4.

My Cars
    '04 Z4 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    Power, LSD, better steering rack and chunky wheel, extended leather and other trim bits, hood, suspension, wheels, white gauge cluster, M-Badges. Did I miss anything?

My Cars
    '07 M Z4 Roadster
    Power, LSD, better steering rack and chunky wheel, extended leather and other trim bits, hood, suspension, wheels, white gauge cluster, M-Badges. Did I miss anything?
    4 exhausts! Count them, 4. Can't believe you missed that. Right below the cool diffuser.

But... white cluster??

My Cars
    '04 Z4 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by dazed^ View Post
    4 exhausts! Count them, 4. Can't believe you missed that. Right below the cool diffuser.

But... white cluster??
    More exhaustses = moar power! duh.

I did forget to mention the bumpers though.

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    More exhaustses = moar power! duh.

I did forget to mention the bumpers though.
    And the CSL brakes....

My Cars
    Z4MC, p-car projects
    I love car forums... but I hardly visit Z4M related forums for OP's exact reason. Plus, 1) most the posts are "should I buy / something with my lease" and 2) "I just bought question about pairing my bluetooth blah blah".

I hope that as time goes on more car guys pick up these cars and bring some cheer to these forums. I would say 85% of people that could/can afford these cars when they came out and even now as a fun car, don't care about the actual car or participating on a forum. Or it's guys like my parents whom could buy the car no problem, but are horrible with the internet/computers. I think the E36 sections of forums are so great because the cars are affordable for younger generations and a lot of young people are always on the internet.

I'm at a critical inflection point with my Z4M. I might sell and get two cars for the money... like an E46 daily and a E36 track car. I miss my old E36 M. The damn annual Arlington County property tax is becoming a pain in the butt though... I pay nearly $800+ a year just to have the car registered where I live.

Which is nearly more than the difference between an E36 M3 and a regular E36... and we have two E36 subforums....one for the m3 and on for the 3 series. Just sayin.
    Last edited by mbimmoor; 10-11-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    That's it...I'm trading for a Civic Si because their forums rock.
    Dan Parker

My Cars
    '07 M Z4 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by mbimmoor View Post
    I love car forums... but I hardly visit Z4M related forums for OP's exact reason. Plus, 1) most the posts are "should I buy / something with my lease" and 2) "I just bought question about pairing my bluetooth blah blah".

I hope that as time goes on more car guys pick up these cars and bring some cheer to these forums. I would say 85% of people that could/can afford these cars when they came out and even now as a fun car, don't care about the actual car or participating on a forum. Or it's guys like my parents whom could buy the car no problem, but are horrible with the internet/computers. I think the E36 sections of forums are so great because the cars are affordable for younger generations and a lot of young people are always on the internet.
    Ideally, because of the two-seater/impractical nature of the Z, the forums would not descend towards "check my altezza lights" as is common in the E36 section, and not stay in the "my ipad doesn't fit in the ashtray" range either.

Although I see you point about enthousiasts, I can't help but cringe when I see what is sometimes done in the name of enthousiasm... thinking of that turbo MZ3 (~respect) with the huge fart can exhaust (~kill yourself) that's on the board here. Not something I'd like to see too soon on a Z4. If you know of one already, don't bother to provide a link, I really don't want to know.

My Cars
    2007 Imola Red/Black
    Concerning Zeds, especially the ///Ms, in my experience, Bimmerforums (this forum) tends to be the most un-technical of all the forums. Bimmerfest used to be the most technical (and the best FAQ info is still found there) but it would seem as through the current "best" place is zpost.
    His: RIP-E86 ///M Coupe: Pics Track Pics Vids
    Hers: 997-1 C4S: Pics

My Cars
    Z4MC, 335i
    This thread needs to go back to the graveyard of old useless posts from which it was exhumed. Nothing further to be gained in this discusssion. Unless Mr. Mod wants to combine the Z3s and Z4s together like one of those other forums.

My Cars
    2013 335is
    I try and read a little from each along and along.

Best regards

2013 335is Sapphire Metallic Black
    2008 Z4MR Sapphire Metalic Black
    BMWCCA Member

My Cars
    2008 E86 Uber ///M Coupe
    BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... same here. i find myself on e46 m3 forums more often than Z related formums.

My Cars
    2007 M Coupe/2008 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by car62 View Post
    I am excluding the E89 Z4, although those folks could probably get together with the Mercedes crowd and have a nice boulevard cruiser forum.
    My opinion after driving one as well....

Bill
    2007 BMW M Coupe, 2008 BMW M3 Coupe, 2005 Mini Cooper S

BMW Car Club of America
    www.billswebspace.com/bmwindex

My Cars
    2008 Z4 M Coupe
    Nice wheels epbrown. What are they? I'm in northern chicago. just bought a "08 M Coupe. Love it... get lots of "thumbs up"s from other people on the road.

My Cars
    2007 Z4MC
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by jragan View Post
    Concerning Zeds, especially the ///Ms, in my experience, Bimmerforums (this forum) tends to be the most un-technical of all the forums. Bimmerfest used to be the most technical (and the best FAQ info is still found there) but it would seem as through the current "best" place is zpost.

My Cars
    Z4MC, 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by wrh3 View Post
    My opinion after driving one as well....
    Bill, I know you own an E9X M3 as well as your Z4MC and are very familiar with the driving characteristics of each. I have the Z4MC and the E92 335i. Point is that the new Z4 suspension is taken from the E9X platform, and if you own both cars you have to concede that the newer rear suspension design on the E9X is superior to the older E46 type suspension. So, even though I'm not a fan of convertible hardtops, if BMW wants to put the upcoming twin turbo M3 engine and a really good suspension on an E89 Z4, it will be a very high performance car with exceptional handling. Who knows, since I can't drive on the track any more, I might even be convinced to buy one of those.

My Cars
    2007 M Coupe/2008 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by car62 View Post
    Bill, I know you own an E9X M3 as well as your Z4MC and are very familiar with the driving characteristics of each. I have the Z4MC and the E92 335i. Point is that the new Z4 suspension is taken from the E9X platform, and if you own both cars you have to concede that the newer rear suspension design on the E9X is superior to the older E46 type suspension. So, even though I'm not a fan of convertible hardtops, if BMW wants to put the upcoming twin turbo M3 engine and a really good suspension on an E89 Z4, it will be a very high performance car with exceptional handling. Who knows, since I can't drive on the track any more, I might even be convinced to buy one of those.
    The suspension might be better but not as fun Turbos and M motors......I'm not convinced. It does make me glad to have the last of the M cars pre-turbo though.

Bill
    2007 BMW M Coupe, 2008 BMW M3 Coupe, 2005 Mini Cooper S

BMW Car Club of America
    www.billswebspace.com/bmwindex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12