Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: How many gallons of water to wash a car?

My Cars
    97 M3, 80 320i, 07 328it

How many gallons of water to wash a car?

Does anyone know how many gallons (average) it takes to wash a car with a regular water line/garden hose compared to a pressure washer?

Would 50 gallons be enough to wash 2 cars with a PW or would that be cutting it close?
    1997 M3 | 1980 320i | 2007 328it

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Cosmos View Post
    Does anyone know how many gallons (average) it takes to wash a car with a regular water line/garden hose compared to a pressure washer?

Would 50 gallons be enough to wash 2 cars with a PW or would that be cutting it close?
    You will find that you will use much LESS water to wash cars with a pressure washer, especially an electric one. Remember to look at the GPM on a pressure washer, as you will find that it will tend to never be above about 1.5. Considering you probably spend no more than 5 minutes TOPS with the water on with a pressure washer on a car washing a car, you will than probably get about 7.5 gallons per car. Personally, even with a regular hose I have the water running for no more than 2 minutes, so I hope that will help you out a little. Expect to use no more than 20 gallons with the worst case scenario for 2 cars

My Cars
    E39540i E60535 F10535i
    50 Gal should be more than enough if you do not use it unnecessarily.....
    The Harder I work, the better I live!

My Cars
    Mini Cooper
    I can wash between 15-20 vehicles with 95 gallons which is the size of the water tank in the back of my truck.