PDA

View Full Version : Carsoft Success!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

David Mc
06-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Email sent

Xenocide
06-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Carsoft does not actually seem to be resetting what I tell it to.

I tried to reset my SRS light and it did not seem to take. I figured OK maybe the SRS module is bad. I tried to reset the service interval and it claimed it successful did so, but it actually did not.

Any ideas?

David Mc
06-11-2009, 04:15 AM
If there is an unrepaired fault in the airbag system, the fault code will immediately reset, causing the warning light to remain illuminated. You need to erase the existing errors and then run a single diagnosis of the airbag module to determine the reason that the fault has reset. You can only accomplish a normal SI reset with the ignition on, engine off (i.e. dash warning lights on, engine not running). After the reset, switch the ignition off, disconnect the cables, replace the cap on the 20 pin diagnostic connector, then switch the ignition back on to confirm that a service reset has been accomplished.

J General
06-11-2009, 09:50 AM
David Mc,
Could you please send me the password for the 4shared file? I simply couldn`t send private messages, maybe I can still receive them?
Or if you could just email it to j_general(at)hotmail.com (j_general@hotmail.com)

Thank in advance, J.

gameover
06-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Guys,

I am about to buy CARSOFT V6.5. I saw that in the official website there is a new version out (V7.3.5). I would like to know if there is any major differences between this two software. I can get carsoft 6.5 for $120 but carsoft 7.3.5 is like $400 man that is some $$$$$.

I have an 1998 528I. I basically want to buy this software, to reset SRS, do some diagonistics and turn off "bulb check" on my LCM (for the LED flickering issue).

So, let me know if there are MAJOR/DRASTIC differences between this two versions before i go ahead and buy the software (6.5).

Thanks!!!

m0nyet
06-13-2009, 05:44 AM
David Mc,
Could you please send me the password for the 4shared file?
or mebbe u can just email it to josh_joshx6@yahoo.com (j_general@hotmail.com)

Thank in advance, Josh

sadiego1
06-13-2009, 06:16 PM
David Mc,

Thanks for your help troubleshooting my Carsoft “Bad Communication Error”. Unfortunately, the problem was a bad serial port on my laptop.
Installed the software on my desktop and communication seems to be functioning properly. Nonetheless, I receive “read the error memory” and “Module does not respond”
Also, in the DME diagnostic result states a “BMW Part Nr :” What is this?
Please see check the provided info:
__________________________________________________ __________________________
Single diagnosis DME / DDE - Status: ERROR !
Module Info : DME / DDE

DME MS43.0
BMW Part Nr. : 7519308
Hardware Nr. : 00
Software Nr. : 50
Diagnose index: 60
Code index : 00
Bus index : 12
Production Date: 02/02
DME41_FE.DXT

168 Pedal position sensor potentiometer supply channel 1

128 DME-EWS Port

68 Tank venting valve

Electrical fault

- Single diagnosis completed
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Total Diagnose:

DME / DDE diagnosis - Status: ERROR -> read the error memory!
Inst. Cluster dia. - Status: ERROR -> read the error memory!
SIM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
AIRBAG diagnosis - Status: OK
ABS / ASC diagnosis - Status: ERROR -> read the error memory!
BC / MID diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
DWA diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
ZKE / ZVM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
HKL diagnosis - Status: OK
EGS diagnosis - Status: ERROR -> read the error memory!
EWS diagnosis - Status: ERROR -> read the error memory!
LCM / CCM diagnosis - Status: OK
PDC diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
CVM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
CAS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
ZGM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
RLS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !

- Total diagnosis completed !
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Single diagnosis ZKE / ZVM - Status: Module does not respond

- Single diagnosis completed !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly, my 2002 E46 325i will not start and I was hoping to diagnose the problem with Carsoft; is this possible?
Thank You

David Mc
06-13-2009, 08:00 PM
OK, overall not bad, you have 8 modules responding as indicated by status "OK" or "ERROR - read the error memory" messages. After running the Total Diagnosis and identifying the module with error messages, run a single diagnosis to see what codes have been stored (as you obviously did for the DME/DDE in the above example).

Write down or print the stored codes the erase the error memory for each module in turn. This will ensure that errors returned in your next Total Diagnosis are current faults and not old, stored codes which could relate to problems that have previously been rectified.

Next, run a Total diagnosis again and see which modules have reset with errors, then do another single diagnosis on each of those modules to identify current faults so that you can effect repairs before again erasing the fault codes from the individual modules.

"BMW Part Nr" is the BMW Part Number of the particular module.

As the above process can take a little while, I would suggest running the diagnostic whilst the engine is running so that the alternator keeps the battery topped up during the process or you may find errors such as "Terminal R" (low voltage) creeping in to cause confusion with genuine error codes.

beatty107
06-14-2009, 08:25 PM
have carsoft v6.5 installed, just waiting for cables etc from westcoast, cant wait to give it a try.

Aside - did any of you ever buy the OBC I and II dvd's on ebay for about £5, they claim to have over 200 pieces of software for various cars and tunning etc, just wondering if anyone had tried it as I was thinking of getting it ?

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/C:\Documents and Settings\Philip O Malley\My Documents\Car\Diagnosics\DME Error.JPG

89e34PhoenixAZ
06-16-2009, 01:28 AM
what a disappointment with carsoft 6.5 sp1. just got my cables today and everything works. reset the airbag light. doesn't let you program the locks or do ews stuff or anything. guess it's on to gt1

Liquidsunshine
06-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Oh man,
I'm re-installing Carsoft after it won a month or so ago... I followed the instructions EXACTLY from start to finish, got both 6.5 and SP1 fresh from the download site and installed them carefully and all went smooth, but when I open the Carsoft program, I get a registration page and it won't let me run the software without a registration code. I'm assuming this is an error in copying the cracks. Is this a quick fix? I hope I don't have to start over! Thanks in advance!

David Mc
06-17-2009, 04:01 AM
Right click on your "Programs" folder from the "Start" menu and choose "Explore". Locate the Carsoft folder, which should be in the "Program files" directory. When you left click on the Carsoft Folder it should contain a folder called "BMW". Choose the BMW folder and make sure that it contains only one file with a yellow "CS V6.5" icon. That file should be called CARSOFT. Double (left) click on the CARSOFT file and it should open the diagnosis screen. Click on the _____?_____ drop down menu and choose "Info about Carsoft" to make sure that it is version 6.5.06. If the version is 6.5.05, SP1 is not installed. If there are 2 "CS V6.5" icons, double click on each in turn to view the version information as described above. Delete the icon for version 6.5.05 and rename the other CS V6.5 file CARSOFT.

Bimmermig
06-17-2009, 02:40 PM
ok, finally, i couldnt be so unlucky... :confused
after so many months of bad comunication error
i've decided to check my car...
as it happens, i got hot 12v on a pin, then i've checked for ground on the black one (opposite) and theres no ground at all
so im gonna check my wiring diagram to see what i can find
to me, as i have hot 12v i should also have ground at all times on the black one
the way my multimeter goes is a flash of a fraction of a second then death
seems like a false contact to me,
ill see if i can trace that ground wire wherever it goes
if somebody had this experience, will be great to share
thanks to all
Fern

David Mc
06-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Fern,
Download the Carsoft troubleshooting tips from the shared website. The document gives pin voltage values for the 20 pin connector.

Bimmermig
06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks David
actually, my E46 2002 has the 16 pin connector (trapezoidal)
but i'll look into it
as info, i've took some pics,sorry for the fuzzy pics, but i think it might help
lets keep our fingers crossed :)
Fern

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Mig-29/Das%20Auto/obd003.jpg

i think we can see the black one better here

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Mig-29/Das%20Auto/obd006.jpg

CORRECTION
Skerry stuff
i never did thrust much those chineese when it comes to piracy, its like the russian roulette and im the one who's got the bullet in my head :confused
i've found these diagrams on the net, im not sure if they are compatible with our bimmers, please, if someone has the real thing, post it, this is driving me nutz :help

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Mig-29/Das%20Auto/obd_cable_drawing.png

but this is what i've found on the actual 16 pin connector interface cable:
in the same order, DB9 left------ OBD right

DB9 chineese interface OBD
5--------------------------------------5
5--------------------------------------4
.................................................. .....6 empty
7--------------------------------------7
.................................................. ....14 empty
.................................................. ....10 empty
.................................................. .....2 empty
8--------------------------------------15
1--------------------------------------16

im lucky i didnt fried my ECU with this crap
now, looking at the bentleys wiring diagram (BTW doesnt help much)

the red/yellow/white wire is the hot battery one from fuse 30 but it doesnt say where it goes (i assume 16), so ill have to see phisically, 2 grounds to 4 and 5, white/violet from the ECU to 7, black from the ECU to 9 and green/brown from fuse 15 to 1
so this doesnt seem to fit the diagram above
oh hell, my head is smoking
thanks to all
Fern

Liquidsunshine
06-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Hello David,
Yes, the CS 6.5 icon properties were actually version 6.5.08 which is real weird; re-loaded the proper one in and it worked great! - well until I got to the car. Still getting the module not responding error. Last time I went through my 20 pin carefully and had the proper voltage etc. but oh man, no response... The lights on the box in the center of the cord could be a clue. Of course I have power green, nothing on service interval, pin 20 and pin 17 are mostly green but do get red flashes sometimes, but pin 15 stays red always. Is this a clue?
Thanks again!

Bimmermig
06-17-2009, 10:31 PM
hello again
Guys, does this diagram makes sense to you?
i mean the upper one 16 pins (like mine)
thanks again
Fern

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Mig-29/Das%20Auto/obdscheme.gif

And, this is the OBD2 diagram from Bentleys for the E46
thanks
Fern

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Mig-29/Das%20Auto/BMWOBD26-2000up.gif

David Mc
06-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Fern, are you sure that you have a Carsoft Interface and not a BMW Scanner PASoft interface? The cable on Carsoft interfaces (on the vehicle side) usually has the 16pin OBD2 plug on one end and a 15 pin DB15-F gaming plug on the other, so all of the DB9 pinouts in the above diagrams do not apply.

For Carsoft OBD2 cables, connections are:-

DB15-F---> OBD2
15--------> 16
9 --------> 4 & 5
5 --------> 1
4 --------> 15
3 --------> 8
2 --------> 7

On my Chinese Carsoft cable, the connection between DB15-F pin 5 and OBD2 pin 1 is missing as this is for the ignition "on" signal and the Chinese interfaces all operate "hot" in that they draw current at any ignition on setting, regardless of whether the engine is running or not.

Bimmermig
06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi David
here i send you couple of pics with the actual "thing" i have (what i bought from ebay)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Mig-29/Das%20Auto/65.jpg

please, note on the third one the location of the wires and the pin numbers as reference
it seems to me that the guy was on drugs and welded everything backwards :(
worst, they never tested their crap
thanks for your time brother :)
Fern

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Mig-29/Das%20Auto/obdpos001.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Mig-29/Das%20Auto/obdpos003.jpg

UPDATE...

the cable is faulty also (to add to the bad connections) out of 9 wires, only 1 had continuity
so im gonna scrap the whole thing and buy me another one
thanks
Fern.

David Mc
06-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Fern, I just googled "Teleway BMW Scanner" which shows as a PASoft rather than Carsoft Interface. I suggest you view the content of the software CD you were supplied with the interface just in case. If you intend buying replacement Carsoft Cables, I would stick with Tom from CarsoftWest.

David Mc
06-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Fern, I just googled "Teleway BMW Scanner" which shows as a PASoft rather than Carsoft Interface. I suggest you view the content of the software CD you were supplied with the interface just in case. If you intend buying replacement Carsoft Cables, I would stick with Tom from CarsoftWest.

bosanci28
06-20-2009, 01:22 AM
reseting my airbag light 2001 740i e38 v8

for a month i been trying to reset my airbag light! :confused
at first i have order a bmw scanner 136 from honk kong,,w/no soft,,but they said that will work only with pasoft,,and will not work w/carsoft 6.5

after trying so many times to connect to my car,,i was getting ""bad connection" i tryed for a week,,then i told them whats is going on,,they give me some setting what to do,,and still no go,,

then on their site they hade the bmw carsoft 5.6 interface for 20 $ more ,,so i sent that one back and got the carsoft interface 6.5,,

anyway,,today i have recevied,, i hade carsoft installed alraidy in to my pc,,

connection was ok,,but i was getting "" module does not respond!""
so i did a windows xp re install,,and found the carsoft soft w/sp1 and cra.
over the net,,

so a have follow "dave mc " install info,,and hade no problem installing on windows xp sp3,,

is connecting ok ,,thru cables,,the interface power light is on,,the data light is blinking,,

but i have the same error!

""" MODULE DOES NOT RESPOND"""

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or what is the problem whit that!!

the car was hit in front ,i have fixed the car,,and replace the airbag,,and now im trying to reset that airbag......

i was reading in carsoft help section (pc program,under the ,,module does not reponding" for ok-turn ign2,then light on,check the battey for 16...volts? what is this.... i have check with fluke and i have like 12.60v...!? im lost with this car....

if anyone can help please! thank in advance
please help

David Mc
06-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Start by checking the fuses in the car. If the fuses to the airbag module are blown it will not respond to diagnostics.

Bimmermig
06-20-2009, 02:09 AM

thanks David
i've sent them an email, so now i just have to wait
i just wonder if this kit includes the black box (interface)
the software i had says carsoft 6.5, plase tell me, how could i know if it is car or PASoft ?
the program is running on my laptop and says carsoft 6.5 sp1 and even thanks to yor kindness, i have it all upgraded
thanks again bro
Fern

bosanci28
06-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Start by checking the fuses in the car. If the fuses to the airbag module are blown it will not respond to diagnostics.
thank dave mc for replying!

i have checked all my fuses and they are good!
on my 01 740i under the hood i only found airbag fuse nr# 43 and 45 >>and they are 5 amp,,thats all,,but it does not say anything on that about airbag module...

the car was hit in front ,,do you think that maybe on of those sensors are out,,i dont know where are they located..and if that maybe the proablem,,,

any advice from here whats next...

thank you

David Mc
06-20-2009, 06:10 PM
The next step is here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16664363&postcount=2

beatty107
06-20-2009, 09:00 PM
what a disappointment with carsoft 6.5 sp1. just got my cables today and everything works. reset the airbag light. doesn't let you program the locks or do ews stuff or anything. guess it's on to gt1

I tend to agree, only seems to reset errors and service interval. anyone have any info on more advanced software?

David Mc
06-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Not for $75.

beatty107
06-22-2009, 03:55 PM
ur probably right mate !!

I have an intermittent fault that illuminated the engine light while driving. I completed a Carsoft diag and it showed a DME error. Did a single diag and it showed the following :

Single diagnosis DME / DDE - Status ERROR !

BMS 46

BMW Part Nr : 1430940
Hardware Nr : 00
Software Nr: F0
Diagnose index : 60
Bus index : A7
Production Date : 23/01

BMS_FEH.DXT

It also gave this dialogue box "The Specified Error - Database cannot be found ! BMS_FEH.DXT

Israeli
06-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Hey guys need your help. I have carsoft 6.5 and AutoEnginuity_ScanTool_6.0.2. That i found now my friend has a E36 that has an airbag light on. since i am not a BMW person I always use Vag-com for my VW, but i guess that obd2 wire that i have for vagcom doesn’t work for carsoft and AutoEnginuity, it doent want to detect the car. but when i plug in the obd2 with vagcom to my vw it works fine. so my question is what obd2 i need to get in order to have it working for carsoft and AutoEnginuity so i can scan my friends car. and where can i get a cheap one that has a usb plug. Thanks You guys.

i dont know if it help but my obd2 is (USB OBD-II VAGCOM KKL Check Engine Cable f Audi VW )

sorry for my bad English.

David Mc
06-23-2009, 04:52 AM
The Autoenginuity tool requires a BMW module, or you can source Carsoft cables and interface here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16652246&postcount=60

beatty107
06-23-2009, 07:42 AM
ur probably right mate !!

I have an intermittent fault that illuminated the engine light while driving. I completed a Carsoft diag and it showed a DME error. Did a single diag and it showed the following :

Single diagnosis DME / DDE - Status ERROR !

BMS 46

BMW Part Nr : 1430940
Hardware Nr : 00
Software Nr: F0
Diagnose index : 60
Bus index : A7
Production Date : 23/01

BMS_FEH.DXT

It also gave this dialogue box "The Specified Error - Database cannot be found ! BMS_FEH.DXT
Anyone have a diagnosis for this problem ?

andyk740il
06-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi,
I went to the 4shared website. Downloaded the files and tried to install following the instructions. The program does a long search for files and the stops giving a message stating "necessary files missing". Any ideas? Thanks.

David Mc
06-24-2009, 03:32 AM
After downloading the files, decompress using WinRAR and save them to your desktop, then instal from there.

Beatty, check all your ground connections are clean and secure and run another single diagnosos with the engine running.

beatty107
06-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Cheers dave - is that the ground connection on the cable ? You dont know which pin is ground ?

I'll have to wait to run the diag as I cleared the error and its only occurs intermittently. Just very curious to see what it is ?

David Mc
06-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Beatty, download the BMW Electrical Troubleshooting Manual for your car from here http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm . It will identify the pin, connector and location (bear in mind that the manual is a US edition but I have found the variations for my Euro spec 328i to be negligible). Make sure that both the DME and Diagnostic connector have a good ground. DTC 125 does not exist and I believe that the fault is probably due to electrical noise resulting from 1. Poor Ground connection, or 2. An unshielded high powered radio or amplifier power or antenna lead in close proximity to your DME wiring, or 3. HID headlight, Fan or blower wiring too close to your ignition harness. You should know if you have installed any aftermarket accessories whether they are they likely culprits, if all is as per factory original my bet is the ground connection.

beatty107
06-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I have a nokia car kit installed, might disable that before the next diag. Also I'll make sure the fan / radio are swtiched off.

Just have to wait for the engine check light to come on again !!

daz123
06-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi DavidMC,
Please could you let me have the password for the share file.

Cheers, Daz.

M_Dudey
06-27-2009, 02:06 AM
Cheers Dave

Just ran it again,and this time its showing its ok on DME,i cleared it previously after i cleaned the MAF sensor though
Although iceman said is might be the ping sensor on cylinder bank 1-2

I think it might be useful to have a thread dedicated to carsoft error codes,as this thread looks like it should be just getting carsoft working
Dont know if thats a good idea or not?
I'd like to know from the live data what readings you should expect to see in different conditions if you know what i mean

thanks

Did you guys ever start a thread dedicated to carsoft errors codes? I posted my error code here asking for help. can anyone help?

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16718354#post16718354

M_Dudey
06-30-2009, 01:34 AM
Hey guys,

I finally got carsoft 6.5.06 sp1 working on my 99 e36 m3.

Can someone briefly describe each function in the special functions menu? Some are self explanatory but some are not.

----------------------------------------------

Service Interval Reset
Normal SI Reset --> reset oil service and inspection lights
SI Reset/ Programation --> read remaining service interval information and reset? does this work for e36?
SI - e60/e61/e63/e64/e65 --> only for the models indicated

ZKE/ZVM Component activation --> controls windows and door locks

Live data --> reads live data while car is running

LCM Reading --> light control module reading? haven't tried it, not sure what this does

Sync EWS <--> Engine Control Unit --> so far I've read that this doesn't work for e36s? anyone have luck?

Adaptation values
EGS --> erase automatic transmission adaptation values
DME/ME --> erase DME adaptation values

Coding
vehicle coding e46
vehicle coding e39/e38
vehicle coding x5

DDE coding --> what car are these for?
DME/ME coding --> what car are these for?
airbag coding --> what car are these for?

iDrive setup --> for cars with iDrive

David Mc
06-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Service Interval reset/Programmation is for cars with a service computer - basically E46 and up. The E36 uses Normal SI reset.
ZKM/ZKV activation is just used to send signals to locking, widow and interior light slaves so that you can verify that they are working (just try it).
Live Data is self explanatory.
LCM reading verifies mileage and VIN information stored in the LCM module on some models.
Adaptation values basically reset the auto transmission control module (EGS) or DME (dependent on unit selected) back to base values. These units "learn" sensor inputs and optimise by adjusting the base values to optimise performance of your vehicle, which is then stored in their internal memories. The optimisation process requires the vehicle be driven under a range of conditions and throttle settings and therefore takes time to complete. Resetting the values erases the stored settings so the "learning" process must be repeated before optimum values are again realised.
Forget all the coding settings, they relate to changing displayed values between metric and imperial and user selectable options not applicable to E36's
DDE is the engine control unit for Diesel BMW's.
DME/ME coding is used to read the coding of your DME so that it can be transferred to a replacement unit. The Same applies to Coding for the Airbag control module.

beatty107
06-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Beatty, download the BMW Electrical Troubleshooting Manual for your car from here http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm . It will identify the pin, connector and location (bear in mind that the manual is a US edition but I have found the variations for my Euro spec 328i to be negligible). Make sure that both the DME and Diagnostic connector have a good ground. DTC 125 does not exist and I believe that the fault is probably due to electrical noise resulting from 1. Poor Ground connection, or 2. An unshielded high powered radio or amplifier power or antenna lead in close proximity to your DME wiring, or 3. HID headlight, Fan or blower wiring too close to your ignition harness. You should know if you have installed any aftermarket accessories whether they are they likely culprits, if all is as per factory original my bet is the ground connection.

dave, re-installed carsoft again, as the software was running ok communicating with the module but couldnt find the database file to report the specific module error. Must have been a broken link during the first install.

freakingerble
07-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey has anyone installed this on windows vista

M_Dudey
07-02-2009, 03:42 AM
so I got a code 176 in the ZKE module for my 99 e36 m3 but it didn't state what the error is, only the code number. I read that it is in decimal? and I need to convert it to hex in order to look that up in the codes list on the shared site? David, can you explain?

-Brian

David Mc
07-02-2009, 04:54 AM
Brian,
the hex code for decimal 176 is B0. Other than the Peake tools, just about all BMW diagnostic tools use decimal. Unfortunately I have never been able to get my hands on a ZKE code definition table, but since it basically only controls Central locking, power windows and the like, the errors are usually fairly obvious and can be systematically eliminated by using Carsoft's ZKE activation function to test functionality.

Freakingerble, Carsoft is not designed to work with a Vista operating system.

ntliks
07-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Hello everyone.
Thanks to the valueable information in this thread I managed to get CS up and running on my first attempt, thank you.
Unfortunately, I have a slight problem with the DDE/DME diagnosis, something like this comes out:

Single diagnosis DME/DDE - Status:ERROR!
Module info: DME/DDE
ME 7.2 M62
BMW Part Nr:
Harware Nr: Q
Diagnose index: 00
Code index:
Bus index: L
Production Date:
ME72_FEH.DXT

Everything else seems to work OK, I managed to read that I have a bad passenger sensor. Any ideas? I have a 2002 E46 Compact.

David Mc
07-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Try running the single diagnosis again. This could be a comms problem, the software is attempting to lookup an error code table (ME72_FEH.DXT) which may be incomplete, corrupted or not contain information on something the software has interpreted as an error code.
Bad passenger sensor relates to an airbag sytem problem and could be seatbelt buckle, tensioner or occupancy mat related (depending on code identified).

ntliks
07-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Unfortunately I tried running the diagnosis a number of times, as well as reinstalling the software, but I keep getting the same DME/DDE error.

Regarding the Airbag, I was just pointing out that the diagnosis of other modules seems to be operating OK. Actually, I have a bad occupancy mat, and I'm preparing for DIY.

Thanks again.

DJ Genius
07-04-2009, 03:42 AM
Unfortunately I tried running the diagnosis a number of times, as well as reinstalling the software, but I keep getting the same DME/DDE error.

Regarding the Airbag, I was just pointing out that the diagnosis of other modules seems to be operating OK. Actually, I have a bad occupancy mat, and I'm preparing for DIY.

Thanks again.
Have you tried DME diagnosis with a car running? I had the same problem, because my battery was <12V.

stevebowdler
07-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi David Mc,
Could you send password to file site to stevebowdler@ntlworld.com
Thanks
Steve

ntliks
07-09-2009, 06:05 AM
Have you tried DME diagnosis with a car running? I had the same problem, because my battery was <12V.

Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. The battery voltage (according to the live data read) is between 12.4 and 12.5V. Any other ideas?

m0nyet
07-09-2009, 08:33 PM
hi good people,

installed it on my pc (vista with usb to serial connector). verified its on ver6.5.06
i managed to read only from ZKE/ZVM module the rest is Status: Module does not respond. my car is 1990 e34. anyone??

David Mc
07-10-2009, 01:57 AM
You have done relatively well, considering Carsoft v6.5 is not designed to work with a Vista OS and does not like USB adaptors.

Bimmermig
07-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Well gentlemen
today i can proudly claim CARSOFT SUCCESS :cool
my most sincere thanks to Carsoftwest and DavidMac
for all the help and patience
thanks a million guys
yours trully:
Fern

sponge
07-16-2009, 03:47 AM
Firstly I would like to say Thanks to David MC for the write up.

I have a question regarding Live Data, Inst. Cluster Error and DME Error.

I can clear the ZKE / ZVM but not the Inst. Cluster error.

Also get "Module Does Not Repsond" for DME and Live Data.

Any help would be much appreciated.

David Mc
07-16-2009, 05:47 AM
If your car is pre-1996 or had post-2004 software loaded in the DME it will not display live data with v6.5. Check all fuses and try running a single diagnosis on the DME with the engine running. Common faults are water damage to early DME's or low battery voltage during the diagnostic process which inhibits Carsoft's ability to communicate with the DME properly. If you cannot clear errors, it is usually because the error is due to a standing fault, which has not been corrected and instantly causes the error to reset. In clusters this could be an inconsistency between the VIN recorded in the cluster and actual vehicle VIN due to the cluster having been replaced, or inconsistency between the actual vehicle mileage and mileage stored in the cluster or a bad internal board. Since cluster faults, other than critical critical failure are not generally noticeable and a critical failure generally requires replacement of the cluster, I tend to disregard them.

sponge
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
I have a 318i N42 2002 Valvetronic. I get status OK with single DME test but still no Live Data.

colouny
07-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi, David Mc , and all other enthusiasts. Been reading past 6 hours. This is awesome. I have got all the info that needed. The only thing I need is to get the password for download.

Please "David Mc" send it to -savicas@gmail.com-

Thank you in advance.

By the way here the problem that i have got :
-----> Bad Communication!
Verify cable connection an computer and vehicle side and repeat the diagnosis.

Any information on this would be useful. I am using USB-Serial converter, with proper drivers, connecting it dirctly to the interface box.

MagicMaster
07-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Hello ,
i need the password , please . Please sent the password to xxx@xx.xx

Thank you

EDIT :

Thanks again for the password

Hi ,
i got an E34 520i 24 V (M50) from 1991 and i cant read out so much . DME/ME , ZKE/ZVM and BC/MID works at diagnosis , also erase error memory . Normal SI reset works too . All other wont work . ZKE/ZVM component activation wont work .

My Computer is an Compaq Armada M700 (PIII,500Mhz.) with true COM1 port .
My interface is this : BMW compatible interface V6.5
My COM1 settings on Windows 2000 SP4 :

Baud : 9600
Databits : 8
Parität : off
Stopbits : 1
Fload : off
FIFO : off

I tested some days and my result : My car is much too old and with poor equipment..

So i erased the DME error memory , just for testing , and huhh if i started my car , the engine runs at 1200-1800 RPM .. I turned off the red battery cable for 30 mins and the engine runs like before at 650-700 RPM.. After this little shock , i thougth the DME was damaged , i wont test any longer

Btw.: Sorry for my english..

Best regards
MagicMaster

m0nyet
07-18-2009, 11:02 PM
hi again good ppl.. jus an update;

atached below are the diagnose for my e39 1999.

fyi, im able to run live data too...

my question is any1 has the detail of all abreviation used ex: zke/dme etc...

tqfile:///C:/Users/josh/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpgfile:///C:/Users/josh/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

You have done relatively well, considering Carsoft v6.5 is not designed to work with a Vista OS and does not like USB adaptors.

hi again good ppl.. jus an update;

atached below are the diagnose for my e39 1999.

fyi, im able to run live data too...

my question is any1 has the detail of all abreviation used ex: zke/dme etc...

tq

edit: im not able to attached or link to the jpg becos im new member....

hayesburrow
07-19-2009, 12:14 AM
anyone hav ea link to where i could just get the hardware to run carsoft on my OBD I 1995 M3 ??

David Mc
07-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Try Tom here http:\\www.CarsoftWest.com

Ernbmw
07-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi every one deleted a file carsoft not working getting message, Carsoft exe has
Generated errors and will close by windows you will need to restart the program

Hi every one back again carsoft 6.5 was working in till I deleted file by accident now reinstalled it and getting Carsoft.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created...

Hi every I’m back again carsoft 6.5 was working fine after David interaction .I deleted file by accident now reinstalled carsoft 6.5 again and getting Carsoft.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created...

David Mc
07-22-2009, 05:16 AM
Try using system restore to restore your computer's setting to a time when Carsoft was working (before you deleted the file).

chu77
07-24-2009, 01:13 AM
hi guys, I can't seem to get my carsoft working, I can only read/clear the dme. Everything else is "module does not respond" Did I do anything wrong? I'm just trying to reset the airbag light on my e46. Can someone send me the 10 files and sp1? email is chu77@shaw.ca

thanks

Lightup75
07-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi David!

Can you please send me the password to the share site. My email is son_doobi@yahoo.com

Best ragards

/Hakan

David Mc
07-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I have emailed help to you.

GT53
07-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi David!

Can you please send me the password to the share site. My email is

Thanks.

Edited

Thanks, password received.

hayesburrow
07-26-2009, 01:12 PM
does any one interface work with all or most car diagnostic softwares ??

Iggy82
07-26-2009, 03:35 PM
David, please could you send me the password to the shared site? E-mail is rgale85 @ msn.com

kw7157
07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi David,

Could you please send me the password to the shared site to knwaus@y7mail.com

from a fellow Aussie currently overseas in the very wet and cold UK.

Advance Australia Fair - Go Webber!!!

Iggy82
07-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Can anyone help with password to the 4shared data? I've been waiting for a couple of days now, need to get the software working!

I can only find carsoft versions with 4 files in the crack directory

David Mc
07-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Iggy, Everything you need to know is in this post http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14972175&postcount=607

stev71287
07-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi david..read your post..seems interesting..i have a bmw 318i yr 1991..i have the 20 female pin under my hood..just wanted to know if the carsoft 6.5 will work for my car?..what should i buy..the 20 pin male cable or other things..help pls.

Iggy82
07-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Iggy, Everything you need to know is in this post......

Thank you so much David, do you have a website for donations, you deserve something for your hard work. This post has been going on for a year and by the looks of it you've provided support throughout!

stev71287
07-28-2009, 05:36 PM
hey Iggy..were you able to download the sp1..koz im not able to..thnks

David Mc
07-29-2009, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the thought Iggy, and I do have a website but don't solicit donations. You can find heaps of BMW info here http://www.repairdynamics.com/html/bmw_resources.html

stev71287
07-30-2009, 02:34 AM
Hi david...sry i made a mistake..i dnt have the 20 pin socket under my hood..i have only a 15pin socket..can you tel me pls if with my 318i 1991 i can use carsoft?..if so..how..thnks

ian s
07-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi david...sry i made a mistake..i dnt have the 20 pin socket under my hood..i have only a 15pin socket..can you tel me pls if with my 318i 1991 i can use carsoft?..if so..how..thnks

That doesn't sound right to me, I have had a couple of E30's the earliest a 1988 and that had the 20 pin socket.

I think they changed to the 20 pin scoket in 1987.

I have used Carsoft to diag a 1990 E30 318is.

Ian

stev71287
07-30-2009, 10:16 AM
thnks dear...where is the exact location of the 20 pin socket dear?..koz i search for it under the hood and the only socket i could find is a 5pin socket and a 15 pin socket...one more question..do my 318i 1991 have OBD?...if so where is it found exactly..thnks again for your help IAN

ian s
07-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Try this URL for the diagnositc port locations (I have to space it out as I cannot post links).

www .noren.com/bmw/e30reset.htm

This page is also quite useful

www .peakereasearch.com/compatability.htm

The E30 will not have the OBD2 port. OBD is a protocol and the E30 will use OBD1.

MagicMaster
07-31-2009, 02:49 AM
Hi,
you can use CS6.5 with an E30 . I do this last week on an E30 from 1990 . It was an E30 320i cabrio with 20 pin socket OBD1 .

But only the "Digitale Motor Elektronik" (DME) was readable .

EL SPEEDIE
08-04-2009, 05:51 PM
David can you help me find what i need new to the bimm forums but have owned a lot of bmw. I am currently driving a e36 convert and its a 1994 i am hooking up a carputer and would like to run real time diagnostics looking for obd 1 and anything else i would need can you please help.. Call or email me 314-546-5425

hooRAH
08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I've ordered some carsoft cables and I'm currently waiting for them to arrive. I have a question regarding modules, specifically the airbag module.

Several of you have posted that you have better luck reading more modules if you use the round 20 pin connector under the hood than the OBDII port under the dash.

I have a 2001 330Ci that does not have the 20 pin connector under the hood, only the port under the dash. Has anyone sucessfully gotten the airbag computer to respond with the underdash connection on the newer cars?

I am guessing that since BMW did away with the 20 pin connector, that ALL of their data would have to be routed through the OBDII port, so I should be okay, but was hoping for some confirmation from someone that's done it.

The cables I ordered look identical to Gatsby's setup.

HarryHurst
08-10-2009, 12:30 PM
password needed please sir

GreenAdam
08-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Bought the cables from Ebay for $60 total shipped, followed the directions from this thread EXACTLY and it works like a champ! Best $60 I ever spent!

r4ain380
08-12-2009, 05:11 AM
David MC or someone else, please could you send me the password to the shared site or the whole CS 6.5+SP1 crack containing 10 files? E-mail r4ain380@hotmail.com

hooRAH
08-12-2009, 10:33 PM
David Mc,

Carsoft cable came today (looks exactly like the case for my EML323 scanner, but obviously not). Installed carsoft per your instructions. Worked flawlessly, first time. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Dan

bongnak
08-14-2009, 03:53 PM
So I read over 30 pages and skimmed through the rest. Has anyone been able to re sync the ews?

I have a obd2 e36 328

DJ Genius
08-14-2009, 05:31 PM
So I read over 30 pages and skimmed through the rest. Has anyone been able to re sync the ews?

I have a obd2 e36 328
No, you cannot do that. Carsoft is too weak to do such things. It is only a scanner/reader.

jaardesign
08-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Does Carsoft do everything a scanner does, read all the same codes, clear codes, ABS codes etc? Should I get Carsoft or a scanner? Does this work on a 97 M3.

Bimmermig
08-16-2009, 07:31 PM
well
after about 2 years i have my babe... 2002 325i E-46 sweet manual 5 speed inmaculate oxford green etc etc etc (sorry... im in love)
had my first ever "check engine" light
a carsoft scan gave me this code:

BMW p/n 7519308 168 pedal position sensor potentiometer channel 1
and some mambo jumbo
i asked carsoft to reset and the CE light dissapeared
a quick test showed no recurrent snag yet
ill see again tomorrow and ill keep you posted guys, maybe someone had this snag before?
checking on the net, it gave me that PN as the whole DME, not the sensor itself, any ideas?
also id like to confirm that this is the right thread to ask about codes or should i go open enother thread...
should i stay or should i go?
thanks a million to all, specially to our good friends DavidMac and Carsoftwest, you guys ROCK! :buttrock
BTW, my PCMCA card worked only once and crapped, so i try'd today with a usb adaptor and it worked, im surprissed

Fern.

slordr2000
08-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Forgive me for I am not overly computor literate. Can anyone give me a hand with reading the codes from carsoft6.5.6. It reads as follows
DME52_FE.DXT
It then is followed by an error message (cannot read DME52_FE.DXT). I can do a total diagnosis and have live data feed. Its almost as if it cannot give me the error code descriptions.
Is this a problem my computor is giving me or did the program not completely load. If it is a problem with my comp not being able to read, where can i get this problem resolved at. Also I have a 98 540i.

maxic
08-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Can I have the link/password/instructions please? PM should work. Thank you.

David Mc
08-18-2009, 04:12 AM
Details of links to the shared site and how to get the password are here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14972175&postcount=607

netsurfer
08-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi, Carsoft is giving me this strange errors for DME:

Can someone help me with that?
my car is with n42b20

David Mc
08-20-2009, 04:06 PM
I do not recognise these fault codes. Run a single diagnosis, erase the errors and run the single diagnosis on your DME again then post the results here.

Do all of the above whilst the engine is running so that battery voltage is maintained.

netsurfer
08-21-2009, 03:36 AM
I do not recognise these fault codes. Run a single diagnosis, erase the errors and run the single diagnosis on your DME again then post the results here.

Do all of the above whilst the engine is running so that battery voltage is maintained.
I have the same issue as this guy - http: // forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16764200&postcount=1046. Carsoft doesn't recognise my ecu, my car, like his is with ME 9.2, carsoft tells It's 7.2, it doesn't give me part number, date and things that gives for the other parts.

GT53
08-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for the info and software to setup Carsoft V6.5.06, I have the software working correctly on a laptop with a native serial connector.

However, I cannot get any module to respond, either with the 'total diagnose' or individual diagnose. I suspected this might happen as the Peake Research R5/FXII diagnosis tool I used previously also failed with error E10 but I was hoping carsoft might be able to identify a faulty module causing a comms error.

I have a late 1995 E34 520i (low spec so there aren't many modules to interrogate). The car is running quite well at the moment but I suspect it is missing a bit of low end power and need to know if any engine components are faulty.

The carsoft interface box lights up the power, pin 15, 17 and 20 lights and during diagnosis the pin 15 and 17 lights occaisionally flash red (I assume to show data is being sent or received). Pin 17 isn't actually present in the interface socket on the car so I assume that although the light is flashing it is actually communicating via pin 20 (pin 20 light just stays a constant green).

One of the things I have noticed is that the EWS single test takes only a few seconds to perform where as the other modules take much longer. I have also tested the voltages at the interface socket on the car and instead of getting 2.0v at pin 20 I am getting a huge 10.0v.

I'd appreciate anybody's suggestions as to why I can't get any modules to respond. Presumably the high voltage on pin 20 is the reason carsoft can't communicate with the modules. I am guessing there is either a short or a faulty module so I am going to start disconnecting fuses, wire connectors and modules in an attempt to find a dodgy component.

Does anyone know if it is safe to disconnect the EWS and DWA modules or will I end up with a car that won't start (after they are reconnected of course)?

Gordon

David Mc
08-22-2009, 07:22 PM
This sounds like the diagnostic bus has "hung". Assuming that all connections and fuses are good, make sure that you have the radio code then you can try the following:-

First, try connecting your interface to the 20 pin connector, then start Carsoft v6.5 select Perform Diagnosis - Total Diagnose then just before you select "Petrol" or "Diesel", start the engine and make the selection.

If the above does not rectify the situation, disconnect the battery and switch the hazard flashers on. Leave the car for 15 minutes, then reconnect the battery and repeat the first step as above.

Some BMW's had a grounding problem with the ABS unit which interfered with the ability to access diagnostic info. If the above does not rectify the situation, the final step would be to disconnect the ABS unit (i.e. pull the fuse), then repeat steps 2 and 1.

10v on pin 20 is not a problem as the pin voltage toggles during communication with the car, but the fact you are seeing a constant 10v tends to indicate that the pin is high and steers me toward thinking that the module has hung.

GT53
08-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Well I've tried the above suggestions but no change. I have a constant 6.2v at pin 20 with the ignition off and 10.0v with the ignition in position 2. I completely disconnected the ABS module and tried again but still get the same results.

Will try removing the DME and cleaning the contacts as recommended by carsoft tomorrow. If that doesn't work I will remove and clean all the other modules. Presumably I could start by only having the DME and EWS modules connected and then add in the others one by one.

As a final note, I measured small voltages at the diagnostic pins after the battery was disconnected and leaving the hazard flasher on for half an hour had no effect in draining the various capacitors. I then followed the suggestions from elsewhere to connect the disconnected battery leads together and it drained all the capacitors.

namu
08-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi everyone i am new so please bear with me, i purchased carsoft 6.5 and having no luck i did manage to install the cd that came with the interface but when connecting to the car reads module not responding... i am lost please please can someone help me i have read the threads i think i may need a new software and something called sp?? seems david mc is the king pretty please can you help me(everyone) Kind regards Amira

DJ Genius
08-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone i am new so please bear with me, i purchased carsoft 6.5 and having no luck i did manage to install the cd that came with the interface but when connecting to the car reads module not responding... i am lost please please can someone help me i have read the threads i think i may need a new software and something called sp?? seems david mc is the king pretty please can you help me(everyone) Kind regards Amira
Hey,

what year is your car? Are you aware that OBDI (pre '96) have only couple of modules that can be read unlike OBDII (post 96) have more modules installed.

Do you get at least one modules that's read?

Here is a picture of OBDI E36:
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t30/djgenius10/DIYs/Carsoft/1.jpg

namu
08-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi, Dj Genius i have a bmw e46 320ci 2000year when attemting total diagnosis comes up with module not responding also when attemting single diagnosis i.e airbag, abs e.t.c
kind regards Amira xx

GT53
08-26-2009, 09:50 PM
I still can't get any modules to respond. I've disconnected, all together and in various combinations, the IKE (via fuse 20), DME, ABS, ZKE, AB and DWA. I have also tested the DME completely isolated from the rest. I now suspect that there could be a problem with the leads/interface box.

The car is a 1995 e34 520i. The leads/interface box are manufactured by OBD Factory. Everything on the car works as far as I know.

Symptoms:

On the 20 pin socket on the car, Pin 17 is NOT present (as it shouldn't be) and pin 20 TXD and pin 15 RXD are present. When I connect the interface lead, all three pin lights are lit green (this may be the opposite to some other interface boxes). Therefore the fact that the lights are lit does not mean there is a physical connection with the car. I suspect they all light up when the interface gets power on pin 14 regardless of any physical connection. I will confirm this next time by disconnecting pins 20 and 15 as well and watching the results.

When I run a diagnostic test, the light for pin 20 stays a constant green. The light for pin 15 RXD shows quick flashes of red over a period of 20 seconds or so (presumably awakening a module) and then begins a sequence of 1 second flashes of red (presumably requesting information from the module). The light for pin 17 TXD does not show quick flashes but matches the exact same sequence of 1 second flashes of red as pin 15 (again presumably requesting information).

Conclusion:

From the above I suspect that pin 20 on the interface box is doing absolutely nothing and pin 17 is being used as the TXD link to the car. On the other hand the car will be trying the opposite, to use pin 20 as the TXD to the interface and doing nothing on pin 17 (it doesn't exist).

Questions:

1. Is it OK to swap the interface connections of pins 17 and 20 around in DB15 socket of the interface lead in the hope the interface box and the car communicate on the same pin (20).

2. Can modules be isolated and tested or do some of them rely on others to be present for the tests to be successful.

Can anyone help?

Gordon.

E39Only
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
My slow ancient Dell notebook running XP broke. I replaced it with a used Dell XPS M1210 running Windows7. Machine has ExpressCard serial port. Carsoft6.5 works great on my 1997 BMW 528i just as before.

1997 528 sports 145K miles
2005 X5 sports 62K miles

David Mc
08-27-2009, 04:29 AM
Gordon,

Pin 17 is the TXD II line used to communicate with some 4 cylinder BMWs, Pin 15 is a RXD line and Pin 20 is TXD for 6 cylinder cars. Since pins 17 and 20 both communicate via the K-Line, most interfaces connect the 2 pins internally, so if your interface has a poor internal connection between the two, this may explain the problem (they are pins 2 & 3 of the DB-15 connector). You can isolate some modules by pulling fuses, but be aware that isolating the ZKE will probably adversely affect communication ability with subsidiary modules such as EWS, Kombi , ABS etc.

namu
08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
ok i loaded the software today (i think anyway) starts to read modules all cone back with module not responding except i think it was dde cam back with an error so i erased it not knowing what it was in the first place... ooops. but my airbag and abs light is on and it wont read faults just keeps coming back with module not responding? please help me kind regards Amira p.s im using the port not usb my port works fine and im guessing my obd port is working as it did read 1 fault.

Chaplin
08-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Guys, I hate to sound just down right dumb, but where in the world do you find the hardware at? LOL I can get the software with no problem. I've read the thread and I can see where people asking for the software and but not the hardware. I'm missing something here.

namu
08-27-2009, 05:31 PM
chaplin i have them for sale,

Chaplin
08-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Jesh, I do feel stupid now...... 2nd pinned topic in sub thread.....

GT53
08-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Namu (Amira), I think we have the same leads. I've sent a message to you on ebay with more info. Don't give up yet.

namu
08-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Namu (Amira), I think we have the same leads. I've sent a message to you on ebay with more info. Don't give up yet.

hi gordon got your ebay email, hehee thanks yes i messaged you via there noticing you purchased the same item

ok today i got it working had to plug into the hood as suggested by member gt53, however faults are coming back in german? please help me sort the language out someone? has anyone else faced or facing this problem?

GT53
08-30-2009, 04:27 AM
Well I've finally got Carsoft to work. The fault was in the interface box circuitry, it was not sending any signals via Pin 20. I switched the wires around for pins 17 and 20 in the round socket head (on the leads) and it works.

Please note that although lit, the three lights on the interface box for pins 15, 17 and 20 do not indicate a connection with the car. They will light up when the box receives power from the battery.

Finally, I have managed to clear all faults with the exception of an error reported for the DME. I can erase the DME memory successfully but the error still exists. However, a single diagnosis of the DME states there is an error but there are no error codes listed. Any ideas?

clangren
08-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Good evening,
I'm new to the forum and see I need 10 posts and a week to be able to PM. Could I impose on Dave or someone to check my profile and email me the password? I didn't want to post my email here in clear text.
Thanks much for the assistance.
Carl

forevernewbie
09-02-2009, 10:44 PM
I was looking all over the internet and this forum for in depth information. I didn't find specific information on BMW Diagnostics.
Then I came across this loaded post.. it was an oasis for sure :redspot

Now with new info I will be trying different method than I used to. I have a diagnostic tool (OBD connector based) which can send low level messages (ISO 9141). I was trying to talk to other than Engine ECU. It didn't work.
But after looking at schematic/circuit (thank to David MC and others) it became clear why it won't work.
I will be removing BMW 20 pin CAP (under hood) and short pin 17 and Pin 20.
Then I will hook up my OBD connector and I should see other ECU's.

I need to know what are the ECU address (target) for other nodes (Airbag, Body and ABS/ASC etc) :help
For Eg Engine/Emission ECU it is 33(in Hex)
and does these nodes talk in ISO 9141 format ?

I really appreciate the info on this post. Kudos to David Mc and others

David Mc
09-03-2009, 03:05 AM
Download the electrical Troubleshooting manual for your car from here http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm and it will show the diagnostic connections. The ISO 9141 protocol is an OBD rather than BMW (EDIABAS) protocol and it is unlikely that other modules will respond.

thunder311
09-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Finally, after 3 months of experimenting, copying and deleting files, computer harddrive purging and reprogramming I have succeeded in making Carsoft 6.5 SP1 work with my E36!

I can now conduct diagnostics and read live data and have access to all of those nice little extras like door lock programming etc..

GREAT JOB MISTER !

I was going nuts trying to install it on my laptop. Thank you...thank you...thank you ! :alright
If anyone interested in Carsoft 6.5, here's the best deal I found http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16549 FREE SHIPPING ;)

mario1997
09-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Hello guys!,anybody would help me getting car soft for my 97 540i i have issus with power loks and also re-teaching to the GM III,please.

Thanks

DJ Genius
09-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Hello guys!,anybody would help me getting car soft for my 97 540i i have issus with power loks and also re-teaching to the GM III,please.

Thanks

BMW Carsoft v6.5 for sale:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1232816

sabi
09-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi David Mc,

Next time you're online could you please PM me the password for the 6.5 software as well as the passenger sensor bypass circuit. I've read all the posts and still experiencing some problems. Thanks in advance.

Bogdan

sabi
09-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Hi, David MC,

I install all sharing software but on all diagnostic put module not respond but live data works. I dont now is my X5 year 2000 problem or software in incompatibile. Thanks for your help.

Bogdan

David Mc
09-11-2009, 05:33 AM
I think you will find the answer to your problem here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12865612&postcount=54 . Start at Step 2.

sabi
09-12-2009, 02:50 AM
HI; David Mc,
I try everthing but no luck. Then read plenty posts and decisied to break pin 17 and pin20. Now work in my X5 and E39. Possible that help someone.
Can you please email me the password for INPA files in your site?
lp, Bogdan

David Mc
09-13-2009, 04:20 AM
Carsoft have just released their new "Ultimate Home v8.0" software, which unlike the previous versions, is based on a new graphical user interface. I found it very easy to use and have posted a complete review, with screen shots here http://www.repairdynamics.com/Carsoft_Ultimate_Home_v8.0__review.pdf

chu77
09-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Can you use this Ultimate Home v8.0 software instead of 6.5V or do you have to buy a new module?

WILLP
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
were do you download sp1 for carsoft

David Mc
09-14-2009, 04:12 AM
Ultimate Home v8.0 is supposed to work with aftermarket interfaces, so a working v6.5 interface/cable set is okay.

WillP, SP1 can be downloaded from the shared website.

s car
09-14-2009, 09:40 PM
David,

I'm a little confused by your posts. In the link that has the .pdf about your experience with carsoft v8.0, you say that they've beefed up their security, that it comes with a security dongle and looks like the days of cracked carsoft is over.

However, in your post above me you say that v8.0 will work with aftermarket interfaces...

So what's the low-down on the security dongle? Is it needed for some sort of a unique online registration that renders the purchased software good for the legal buyer, and the legal buyer only?

Thanks for the help earlier.:cool

Also, how about the stability and reliability of carsoft 6.5 on vista?

David Mc
09-15-2009, 04:07 AM
The security dongle is required to run the v8.0 software (i.e. the program itself). The interface just translates the signals from the car into code that the program interprets, so you can use aftermarket interfaces with v8.0 software, provided you have the security dongle.

markaw
09-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Finally, after 3 months of experimenting, copying and deleting files, computer harddrive purging and reprogramming I have succeeded in making Carsoft 6.5 SP1 work with my E36!

I can now conduct diagnostics and read live data and have access to all of those nice little extras like door lock programming etc..

Hi David , Please can you email me the SPI Crack file .
or Can you put me in touch with someone who can.
Regards
Mark

NoWaY
09-15-2009, 02:51 PM
hi david
after 1 and half year , did you mange to make it work on e66 or e65?

with greetings

David Mc
09-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I stil have not tried Carsoft with a late model 7 series and have virtually stopped using v6.5 after updating to a genuine version. After trialling Carsoft Ultimate Home v8.0, I will probably never use the older versions again as v8.0 is built on a graphical user interface amd handles 1,3,5,6,7,8 and Z series cars right up to 2008. Every function that I tested on the program (including DME/EWS synchronisation) worked perfectly.
There is no guesswork with the new software, which automatically detects the vehicle build options and only displays modules which are fitted to the car rather than leaving you wondering if you have been able to detect all the available modules in your particular car.
The new software also looks a lot better and allows scanning and clearing of individual module errors directly from the total diagnosis result screen by using a hyperlink button to run an individual module test.
It also has an online help manual and will run via a true serial port or USB or PCMCIA Adaptor and even works with Vista.

NoWaY
09-15-2009, 06:48 PM
ok from where you go it and how much it cost?

David Mc
09-16-2009, 03:38 AM
I got mine from Carsoft and it retails around 345 Euros (with original interface, 16 pin and 20 pin adaptors and serial cable), Without the interface and cables it retails at around 245 Euros but I believe that Carsoftwest in the US (who are factory authorised agents) are offering some pretty good deals at the moment.

WILLP
09-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Ok i got my carsoft 6.5 software installed and now i keep getting bad coummunacation error coming up i need to know how to get it fixed are what to check to get it to work and yes i have tried all the com port setting and still want work need help reply to post are email me at and yes i'm using a usb to serial adapter some one help pleases :help

David Mc
09-17-2009, 04:14 AM
WILLP, firstly delete your email address before a spambot picks it up and you get spammed by porno sites for the rest of your life. If you read this post http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17389475&postcount=75 it may give you some insight into using Carsoft with USB to Serial Adaptors but they can be bad news as v6.5 was intended for use with a dedicated serial port. Go to "Settings" in the "Start" menu and choose "Control Panel" then open up your "Sytem" Folder and under the "Hardware" Tab select "Device Manager" to view the USB to Serial adaptor and identify which COM Port it is connected to. From there you need to ensure that drivers are loaded and the device is enabled also ensure that you have chosen the correct COM Port setting in your Carsoft program. You should be able to troubleshoot the problem from there.

Heiska
09-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Hello from Finland and sorry my english first: Can some one give me password to download CS 6.5. email xxx@xxx.xxx

second: thanks to everyone who wrote here and special thanks to David. Great job:urtheman.
I'm member of BTCF.fi and i'll never see instructions like yours

Mail reserved thanks David

M540jacob
09-19-2009, 12:36 AM
MC do you know if the 1.3.6 version can run with the 6.5 in the same laptop[

WILLP
09-19-2009, 02:36 AM
How many app are in the carsoft 6.5 program should there be a bmw.app and a bmwhlp.app in there are should one be deleted

David Mc
09-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Leave both of those files alone, they are required for correct operation of the program.

PA Soft v1.36 and Carsoft are 2 completely different programs, provided you have sufficient resources I can see no reason why you couldn't install both on the same laptop (as long as you aren't trying to actually run them in tandem - but why would you want to??)

WILLP
09-19-2009, 04:39 PM
I was asking becauses i'm trying to figure out way i keep getting a bad communacation message i have tryed to change the com port and still nothing and as far as i can tell the program is working like it should my computer are the car computer just want read each other i'm using a usb to serial adapter and yes the computer is showing it as been installed i just cann't get anything to work with each other i'm going to try another adapter to see if anything changes

Heiska
09-20-2009, 05:09 AM
I read somewhere that USB adapter with PL2303 chip set working great in carsoft and you can find drivers for XP and Vista here (http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31)

WILLP
09-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Ok i got need usb to serial adapter and it works find but now i keep getting module not responing are some items not working at all need help

Does any one know what mfc-anwendung mean thats what pops up before it says the program is shuting down and on others it says module not responding need help

David mc what is the pass word for the share site i'm delete my carsoft 6.5 and try yours to see if it makes a different maybe the one i have is missing something email it to me

sanid98
09-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi Can i get a password for downloading the files on Carsoft v6.5. thanks

WILLP
09-22-2009, 03:36 AM
Ok i got carsoft 6.5 to work but not all the way i cann't get live data to work and some of the module to work so i'm like 50 percent there any one elses had this problem that can help me out

randomy
09-22-2009, 09:58 AM
live data is not available on OBDI cars, as your is.
See this review for further info: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=876392

Rupert the bear
09-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Hi, anyone has the user manual for carsoft 6.5?? I can run the prog but some of the modules do not respones. Anyone can help? Thanks.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx21IRpA

I ve got this status, anyone can help??

http://www.postimage.org/gx21JhR9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx21JhR9)

After single module testing, i ve got these....

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5809/30363991.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9692/51609784.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

My car is 93 E36 318IS MT.

Thanks in advance.

David Mc
09-26-2009, 05:45 AM
ZKE error is low battery voltage from the ignition switch - clear the error and re- commence the diagnostic whilst the engine is running so that the alternator maintains battery voltage.

The airco error relates to the level control knob - this problem is usually caused by dirt in the unit, remove the faceplate and give the controls a clean.

Maxi
09-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Thanks a lot Mr. David Mc. I got my CARSOFT 6.5 working using USB coverter. I have some moduls not respond, but the main thing ( DME, EGS, ABS..) is working.

Also it can read live data.

But I dont understand some of live data. Is there explaination in how to use this live data to know if you have something wrong or not. For example: how can I know about the voltage of any sensor displayed in the live data that it is in good condition or not.

thanks,

David Mc
09-26-2009, 09:47 AM
The easiest way is to copy and save your live data as a reference set. If the car develops a fault later, copy and save the live data whilst the fault is present and compare the data with your reference set. You will soon identify where the problem lays.

Rupert the bear
09-26-2009, 10:15 AM
thanks. David.

By the way, some modules are no responese. Any advice?

David Mc
09-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Module does not repond usually means that they are not fitted to the particular vehicle under test. Remember, this is an early version of Carsoft, so it lists every module that can possibly be fitted to every model. As few as 2 modules can respond in the very early BMW's, up to about 6 or 7 depending on model.

bosanci28
09-27-2009, 03:24 PM
one question,,
how do i reset airbag light?
(car was damage in front,,driver wheel ster is out/blowed and i have replace with good airbag)

and what i did:

first time: open carsoft click on diagnose/airbag
then i clicked on erase errror memory
results:

first time
http://i35.tinypic.com/25ana7l.jpg

secound time:
http://i34.tinypic.com/261ojmh.jpg

i did 2 tests,

the light is still on!

any ideas how to fix this?

i appreciate any help!!

thanks

David Mc
09-28-2009, 07:58 AM
You cannot reset the module until all faults have been cleared. If I recall correctly the SRS control module itself will also go bad once bags have deployed 3 times. You need to download a copy of the BMW Electrical Troubleshooting manual and disconnect your car battery whilst you check all connections and wiring to verify that it has not been damaged.

bigpimpin
09-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi David Mc, great and informative thread!
could you pm me with the link and password for the known working version with SP1?

Thanks!

David Mc
09-28-2009, 08:13 AM
You will need to activate your email/PM

bosanci28
09-28-2009, 11:50 AM
You cannot reset the module until all faults have been cleared. If I recall correctly the SRS control module itself will also go bad once bags have deployed 3 times. You need to download a copy of the BMW Electrical Troubleshooting manual and disconnect your car battery whilst you check all connections and wiring to verify that it has not been damaged.
and where is locate that "srs control module" ,,because i have replace alraidy the one in between the front seats,,that should be the main one,
this what i have replace:
http://i33.tinypic.com/fmq9tf.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2qicpav.jpg
and the driver wheel ster was deployed,,everything else was ok,
thanks

bigpimpin
09-28-2009, 11:52 AM
You will need to activate your email/PM
Hi David, can you click on the link in my sig and use the email address at the bottom of the page as I can't seem to turn on my PM.

Thanks a lot!

HiTheNameIsBj
09-28-2009, 11:57 PM
I think you need a certain amount of posts. 10 or 15 should do it.

99 dinan m3
09-30-2009, 02:55 PM
and where is locate that "srs control module" ,,because i have replace alraidy the one in between the front seats,,that should be the main one,
this what i have replace:
http://i33.tinypic.com/fmq9tf.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2qicpav.jpg
and the driver wheel ster was deployed,,everything else was ok,
thanks

You need to change the seat belt buckle receiver. Once you change that, the airbag light will go away with no need to put the scanner back. It is a most to change when ever the front goes out.

Binjamin
10-03-2009, 05:10 PM
HI all im using CS 6.5

I read live data and VANOS state says LATE ?

wonder what means..??

my car is E36 95 323i M52B25

David Mc
10-03-2009, 06:30 PM
It means that the Variable valve timing is retarded, this condition is normal for the engine whilst it is idling as it gives a smoother, more economical idle and easier starting. Don't worry unless this shows up whilst the engine is under load/acceleration.

myrddin
10-03-2009, 09:15 PM
David Mc:
Any chance someone can PM me the password for the file share?

Also do you think I am getting error for connection due to me using a usb adapter? Or Vista... or both?

Any other way for me to clear the codes in the ecu? I just want to see if my thermostat code comes back.

Thanks

David Mc
10-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Carsoft v6.5 was not designed for Vista and some USB adaptors are also known to cause problems, so it could well be both. If you have the radio code, you can try disconnecting the battery (but leave the hazards on for 15 minutes to take any residual voltage out of the system), then reconnect and see if the check engine light comes on.

Binjamin
10-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Another question i forgot to mention (sorry)

12 - Oil temperature sensor voltage is not plausible

what does this mean? thought there is no oil temp in console in my car..

btw how did you install next SP from SP1 ? im using CS 6.5 SP1

do you have to install cracks again..?

David Mc
10-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Carsoft v6.5.06 (i.e. V6.5 with SP1) is as good as it will ever get, there are no further service packs. SP1 must be installed immediately after Carsoft v6.5 (i.e. v6.5.05) and before the crack.

The "oil temperature sensor voltage not plausible" error can relate to a faulty oil pressure switch and/or associated wiring or you may have very dirty, thin or contaminated engine oil.

winnyred
10-09-2009, 03:59 AM
Very stupid question for my first post, but I cant seem to send a PM? David I was wanting the password. Been trying for a while to get the software working. I gave up until I read through these posts, fingers crossed.

*Edit* You can send the password via email if you like, PM's are not registered for me, :)

Regards

WR

Thanks David!!!!!

968turboS
10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi David, looks like you are the man when it comes to BMW diagnostics. I am in the market for a BMW diagnostic tool and wanted to find out a few things before I spend the $$.
I have an 06 BMW530i and an 03 BMW 330i ZHP. What diagnostics software would you recommend and where do I get it from.
Regards.

David Mc
10-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Carsoft v6.5 is too old for your cars, you would need to go for v7.3.5 or v8.0. INPA is also very good, but is nowhere near as user-friendly and if you attempt to code or reprogram your car's modules with the NCS/NFS side of INPA/EDIABAS without knowing exactly what you are doing, you can permanently damage them leaving dealer replacement as the only option. DIS/SSS gives virtually dealer-level functionality but the setup requires some fairly arduous work and computer skills with most people who attempt the setup only achieving partial functionality as there is no single comprehensive source of info about setup. GT1 is virtually DIS/SSS running with a yellow DK head in a Linux environment (as BMW intended) and runs quicker than DIS/SSS (which runs through a virtual machine setup in Windows). GT1 is usually comparatively expensive to the other systems if you are looking for a quality DK head that will not burn out.

Nekhrun
10-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Hello.
I'm new here and I just installed Carsoft following the steps, but it gives me the cable error.
My crack only have 5 files. Could it be the problem?
Can you please send me the files or the password for them?
Thank you.

winnyred
10-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the software. Just a few questions to verify my unit is working correctly.

I have a feeling that my unit is faulty. I am getting cannot connect to module. I have it connected via my RS232 on a newly formatted older notebook. Followed the steps for installation and it is doing the same as it always has with all the various software versions I have tried.

I know my RS232 com port is all working as I use it for eeprom programming. I am not a novice when it comes to comms and pc's, this is starting to crack me up :(

When I connect the module to the car what colour should the led's:

Power =
Service Interval =
K-Line Pin 20 =
K-Line Pin 17 =
L-Line =

I am feeling pretty stupid that I cant get this going.

If I need a new module, any idea's where to get it from, cant find any nice one's on ebay

Thanks for all your help in advance

Cheers

WR

David Mc
10-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Check the com port setting in your software.

winnyred
10-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Com Port is number 1 and number in software. What should the lights be?

David Mc
10-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Usually all except Service reset.

winnyred
10-12-2009, 05:22 AM
David,

Thanks. Should the lights be all GREEN or RED or both?

My Top light is Green and the rest are red

Regards

WR

mujjuman
10-12-2009, 03:21 PM
will this work with the carsoft?
http://www.kecool.com/Products/Product.asp?ID=108
and is that even a good site to order from?

David Mc
10-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Winnyred, that LED configuration is normal. mujjuman, that interface looks identical to one I have used with v6.5. It would do everything except access the ABS module on my 1998 E36 328i.

mujjuman
10-12-2009, 09:30 PM
sweet, thanks!

max35
10-13-2009, 03:55 AM
David,

i have erased the error code in my ews, still no start of my e39.
i read that i have to sync ews with DME. is this necessary?
please advise

David Mc
10-13-2009, 05:25 AM
I don't know what the error code was, but re-synching the EWS and DME should not hurt the car.

max35
10-13-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't know what the error code was, but re-synching the EWS and DME should not hurt the car.

ews_feh.dxt

1 ....(in german)
2....(in german)

after doing erase ews this was not seen anymore and status is ok

do u have the english message , hope you can pass them on

darkstarmedia
10-14-2009, 12:46 PM
I have a bad crack file, can you send me a link to a working Carsoft copy with crack?

Richard

darkstarmedia
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Apparently David (who has been extremely helpful) no longer has the 10 file crack.... If anyone still has it please email me... I might be able to make it available to those still looking.

Richard

728maas
10-16-2009, 10:47 PM
hi there all

i am new here and from the netherlands and i own a E38 728 from 11 1995
when i run carsoft it works but i won;t get the additional information when running diagnostics.
i only see (example) dme41_fe.dxt and 203
i know allready that the 203 number is the fault code but the explaining text is missing an error occurs cannot open bla bla file
what is wrong with mij carsoft

and david i have a question for you i am experimenting with inpa but mine does not work quite correctly i saw on your filesharing that you have inpa there can i please receive the password so i can install your version mine came from free download sites an have some bugs

728maas
10-18-2009, 06:53 PM
hi david mc

first thanks voor providing INPA it runs but cannot work with it yet
i have a carsoft adapter and i was wondering is inpa works with this adapter

do you have a proper crack for carsoft i only have 4 or 5 files in my crack folder thats why i only get the fault codes and not the expaining texting

David Mc
10-19-2009, 04:11 AM
You can use Carsoft cables with INPA, but will still need an INPA interface such as an ADS or modified VAGCOM KKL cable.

nolimits44
10-19-2009, 04:28 AM
what is the password for the shared site???

fredsjo
10-20-2009, 04:39 AM
I have pm'ed you some further info and have posted a copy here for the information of other members who may have run across the same problem:-

There are several possible reasons (assuming that you are attempting to run the diagnosis with the ignition switched on but engine turned off (dash lights should be on).

1. The "Crack" folder that you used may be incomplete. Check the folder, it should contain 10 files, including instructions. If not, email me and I will send you one that works.

2. Right click on your "Programs" folder from the "Start" menu and choose "Explore". Locate the Carsoft folder, which should be in the "Program files" directory. When you left click on the Carsoft Folder it should contain a folder called "BMW". Choose the BMW folder and make sure that it contains only one file with a "CS V6.5" icon. That file should be called CARSOFT. Double (left) click on the CARSOFT file and it should open the diagnosis screen. Click on the _____?_____ drop down menu and choose "Info about Carsoft" to make sure that it is version 6.5.06. If the version is 6.5.05, SP1 is not installed. If there are 2 "CS V6.5" icons, double click on each in turn to view the version information as described above. Delete the icon for version 6.5.05 and rename the other CS V6.5 file CARSOFT.

3. You may have a blown fuse or faulty cable. Check all the fuses in your car and attempt a diagnostic again. If unsuccessful, try another cable.

4. The battery in your vehicle may be low, check output voltage to make sure that it is >12volts.

Hi
Cant find any way to email you mate, but can you email me the software at: kalle386@gmail.com please?

Many thanks in advance :D

David Mc
10-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Guys, details on how to access the 4shared website are here:-
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14972175&postcount=607

If you post your email address, please be aware that it is likely to be picked up by a spambot and may result in you being spammed for life by porno sites. A better option is to enable PMs and emails from your user CP, which will at least afford you some security.

728maas
10-23-2009, 04:19 AM
first of all
thank you DavisMC for the right crack i finaly see the text and don't google arround to find out the meaning of the faultcode.
and inpa is working fine but i need (i just read) a ads interface or vagcomkkl interface
lets find one of these then
i followed the instructions on one the forumposting here about carsoft cables and registery keys and configuring INPA no more errors only a interface to buy
everything is set to use and work

truster1
10-27-2009, 10:09 PM
hi there david i have the carsoft 6.5 i don't know if it has the sp1 file when i try to download it it do and i follow all your septs but i can't get it to work i got "HACKED" in some of the files it has naked pic's maybe i'm not the only one but can you please give me or us the web page for carsoft to download the software thank you for your time ps. i tried your site but nothing guy

Cozilla
10-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I am an e46 M3 made 11/01 MY 2002. I am getting code 220 on the DME. Could someone shed some light on this code or know where I could find out what it is?

Thanks
Colin

David Mc
10-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Knock sensor?

truster1
11-04-2009, 05:16 PM
hi there davidmc i installed the carsoft software right "DOGGIE" but everytime i try to open it it say a windows error send or don't send to microsoft i'm not connected to the internet when i do this is there something wrong when i install the program please let me know or if any one can help please thank you

BLAKE AuST
11-05-2009, 03:56 AM
hey ppl,

does anyone know if this works on a 94 euro m3?

i have the ebay kit, and have tried to use with afew different versions of carsoft with no luck.

i scanned with enigne on/off/aux and got different results each time.

most of the times it says the module is non existent.

i once did get it to say this, anyone know what 22 exhaust fan relay is?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________ P: 1

Telefon: __________________________________________________ __________________________________
CARSOFT Diagnosebericht: Vehicle Type : Licence Plate : Customer :
1 (SWS) Stufe 1 und Intervall gleichzeitig ein.
22 Zusatzlüfter-Relais

cheers
BLAKE AuST

gtxragtop
11-07-2009, 07:12 AM
I had an older much slower laptop with a serial port and all went well. Then the beast died. I have another older but not as slow laptop (also with serial port) and I could not get the modules to connect. I could see live data which was odd. After several complete uninstall and removals of all files, then reinstall again I gave up last night. This AM I thought... what the heck, drop the baud to 2400 and in the advanced properties box of the UART, drop the RX and TX buffers to slowest/minimum. Problem solved.

hi there davidmc i installed the carsoft software right "DOGGIE" but everytime i try to open it it say a windows error send or don't send to microsoft i'm not connected to the internet when i do this is there something wrong when i install the program please let me know or if any one can help please thank you

I had this issue also. It appeared to be present with the download I got from David. It worked fine on my old laptop. It failed as you described on my new. Since I had a CD that came with my "ebay package", I uninstalled the carsoft program and deleted all folders as David Mc has covered earlier. I then installed my CD copy and all is well. Why? I've got no clue.

dkhajavi
11-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I think everything went well with my install as I can open the software, connect to the car etc... but when I try to access individual or all, the task bar goes about 50% then the software crashes and windows tries to send a crash report?? Has anybody seen this one before? I have been struggling for two weeks now!!!

stanksbeamen
11-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I need a USB to serial port adapter to get this to run with my car. Does anyone have a good recommendation as to which one ot buy and from where? Hopefully it can be bought locally...TIA.

erueru
11-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Hello David,

As stated in page 32, I can use my Carsoft 6.5 to diagnose my 1995 E36 Alpina B3 (derived from 325i).

However, I wanted to reset my Inspection Interval (for the first time) and I couldn't get it to work. The message says that the Reset was done correctly, but it does not work. But all the other diagnosis still work fine for me. I checked the voltage on pin 14 & 16 and they are above 12V.

I just placed the key in position 2 and proceeded with the "Normal SI-Reset". I noticed that the lights on my interface does not light during the SI-Reset.
This is my interface (bought on ebay) :

http://www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_16549_1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Mig-29/Das%20Auto/65.jpg

As nothing changed on the Instrument Panel (I.P) , I did the procedure few times with no effect. I tried with turning off the key with or without removing the 20pin connector. Still the same.... :confused

I tried also with key in position 1: I still got the sucessful SI-Reset message and I noticed that the light goes ON. But still nothing on the I.P... :confused

What is the exact procedure to use for the "Normal SI-Reset" on a E36 petrol (325i) ?

Any idea of where the problem could come from ?

Anyway, if I can't get it to work, I will go back to my old wire procedure :(

Thanks in advance for your help, Emmanuel

dkhajavi
11-12-2009, 09:31 AM
OK software works, usb/serial works, lights are correct, but when I try to read the DME for example or really anything I get the task bar and it looks like it is reading the info but it never stops....does it take a LOOOOONG time to download the data? Any idea what is going on here? I get no errors of any kind but after a long time I just hit cancel to go back to the main screen and I see on the page 'test terminated'.

HELP!! Thanks!

David Mc
11-12-2009, 09:50 AM
v6.5 will take up to 10 minutes to run a full diagnostic test.

dkhajavi
11-12-2009, 09:59 AM
v6.5 will take up to 10 minutes to run a full diagnostic test.

OK, so maybe I am just being impatient. How about just a DME?

Also is there a guide about what should be tested in the different key positions?

By the way, David you rock!

condorw
11-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Hello David Mc,
First thank you for all your information on your posts.
Were you able to perform the EWS alignment with Carsoft 6.5? If yes, would you repeat how?

stanksbeamen
11-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey

What's a good USB to serial port adapter to buy? Does anyone have any recommendations or will any type/company due? TIA

Justin

It's the only thing holding me back from using my carsoft so pls respond!!! lol

erueru
11-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Hello David,

The interface that I bought actually has this connector:

http://www1.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_16549_5.jpg

There is no pin to connect to Pin #7 that is normally used for Service Interval Reset. Do you think this is the reason why the "Normal SI-Reset" does not work.

PS: I tried also tonight with the engine running and I got the same negative result.

So David, what is your opinion on my issue. :thinkerg

Many thanks in advance, Emmanuel :worship:

pigzmickey
11-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Well what a game!?!

It's nearly ready for the bin I think...

I read all 49 pages of this thread, I've tried nearly all the suggestions I've encountered but still no joy!
I've tried reinstalling the software, I've taken the DB15 apart & metered the cable, I've proved my RS232 converter works by using PA Soft through it, but still I can't get this bl**dy Carsoft to read my car!!!

The software seem's to work, well it opens & tries to connect anyway. The lights are on & all green except the "service" light which isn't on (I'm assuming that is because I reset the timer with PA Soft) but all I get is the bad comms / cable message.

I can't try the OBD I conn because I have a 2001 X5 which hasn't got one, apparently!?!

I've ran out of ideas, now I'm stuck... HELP!

Djangozzz
11-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Hi David, I've spent several days now studying this excellent thread with a view to trying my hand with Carsoft on my 1996 E36 328i Cabrio and 2001 E39 540i. I have obtained what I believe to be an appropriate serial interface and an old laptop with a native serial port but do not at present have the software.
I have tried downloading from the shared website but when I click to download the Carsoft rar the message comes up that the link is no longer valid.
As a brand new member I believe that I cannot PM you for further information but would be pleased if you could give me a steer as to where I could get the software and 10 crack files required.
Thank you for your kind help.

dkhajavi
11-14-2009, 10:41 PM
David,

OK, I am more pacient now and waited the 10 mins for a full scan. The scan completes with almost all modules not responding and a couple giving a memory error?? I have tried key off, pos1 and pos2 with differing levels of failure.

As a side note I was able to do a service light reset which worked fine.

Any ideas here?

Dary

BLAKE AuST
11-15-2009, 12:41 AM
David,

OK, I am more pacient now and waited the 10 mins for a full scan. The scan completes with almost all modules not responding and a couple giving a memory error?? I have tried key off, pos1 and pos2 with differing levels of failure.

As a side note I was able to do a service light reset which worked fine.

Any ideas here?

Dary

im in the same boat, no idea how to get this to work :(

BLAKE AuST

gtxragtop
11-15-2009, 06:18 AM
im in the same boat, no idea how to get this to work :(

BLAKE AuST

Try this... control panel, system, device manager, com ports, com1 , right click properties, port settings, advanced. There is an RX and TX buffer sliding bar. Slide it all the way to the left. Click OK.. Set the baud to 2400, 8-bits no parity, 1 stop, no flow control. Click OK to save settings.

If you are using a USB to serial adapter, then that device is likely a com3 or com 5 device. (Quick check: With the USB to serial removed, note the available com ports. [looking at the device manager] Now plug it in and notice the one that just showed up. That's your USB to serial adapter. It is also possible that you may need to set up the com port in BIOS.)

BLAKE AuST
11-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Try this... control panel, system, device manager, com ports, com1 , right click properties, port settings, advanced. There is an RX and TX buffer sliding bar. Slide it all the way to the left. Click OK.. Set the baud to 2400, 8-bits no parity, 1 stop, no flow control. Click OK to save settings.

If you are using a USB to serial adapter, then that device is likely a com3 or com 5 device. (Quick check: With the USB to serial removed, note the available com ports. [looking at the device manager] Now plug it in and notice the one that just showed up. That's your USB to serial adapter. It is also possible that you may need to set up the com port in BIOS.)

Thanks mate, i will try this tomorro.

im using a older xp laptop with a pcmcia serial adapter, i can reset the service light easy enough, so that means the port and cables do connect to the car.

thanks heaps,
BLAKE AuST

dkhajavi
11-16-2009, 10:02 PM

OK, I just tried the above and no change for me. No modules and some memory errors when I do a full check, and the same with individuals.

It really seems like it should be working the way it is acting. Any more thoughts? This is getting frustrating now.

P.S. I have the rectangular shaped black box with the 5 or 6 LEDs in line which all light up minus the service reset light. I am using the 20 pin under the hood on my 94' 325IS USA model car. I am also using a USB-Serial adaptor.

Dary

BLAKE AuST
11-17-2009, 02:06 AM

thanks heaps mate,

i can now get it to say dme/dde, cluster and ZKE all the time, i will post results in a tic, im not sure why everything else and live data wont work :(

i can also close my windows and lock/unlock doors from carsoft but cant use live data argh.

plus side is i found out why my 55mm pwr radiator is rotting itself out due to electrolisys! dam heater core has a short in it apparently!

Cheers,
Chris

Single diagnosis DME / DDE - Status: OK ! Module Info : DME / DDE
Version: 3.3 M3 286PS !
Bosch Hardware Nr. : 0261203075 !
Bosch Software Nr. : 1267357934 !
Production Code: 465 !
BMW Hardware Nr. : 1403157 !
BMW Software Nr. : 001

Single diagnosis ZKE / ZVM - Status: ERROR ! " Module Info : ZKE / ZVM ZKE 4 " Supplier : Kolstal !
Part Nr. : 8 353 095 !
Software Nr. : 11 !
Hardware Nr. : 12 !
Code index : 2 !
Diagnose index: 1 !
Bus index : 0 !
Production Date: 21/94
zke4.dxt ' 13 Tür schloß Heizung : Kurzschluß (Door closed heating short)

Single diagnosis Inst. Cluster - Status: ERROR ! % Module Info : Instrument Cluster
Version: Standard Version !
Hardware Nr. : 6.6 !
Software Nr. : 20.20 !
Generations Nr: 3 !
Code index : C8 !
Production Date: 22/94 Kombi3.dxt
17 - Einspritzsignal ti (TQ) nicht plausibel )
16 - Drehzahlsignal nicht plausibel .
5 - Überspannung an Klemme
15 erkannt 3
15 - Wegsignal vom Tachogeber nicht plausibel

(17 - injection signals ti (TQ) is not plausible) 16 - RPM signal is not plausible. 5 - Ãœberspannung to terminal 15 detected 3 15 - displacement signal from the speedo sensor not plausible 109 - )

David Mc
11-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Sorry guys, I have been travelling in the US for the past couple of weeks and have only had very limited forum access via my mobile phone. I will try to review and answer as many questions as possible now that I am back on line.

dankad
11-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Sorry guys, I have been travelling in the US for the past couple of weeks and have only had very limited forum access via my mobile phone. I will try to review and answer as many questions as possible now that I am back on line.

Hi David
Hope you had a nice time in the US. Would you know what the Lambda probe heating 1&2 before and after Cat reading should be on healthy probes on a Bmw 525i m54 (2001) . Mine are reading 99.3% .

pigzmickey
11-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Well what a game!?!

It's nearly ready for the bin I think...

I read all 49 pages of this thread, I've tried nearly all the suggestions I've encountered but still no joy!
I've tried reinstalling the software, I've taken the DB15 apart & metered the cable, I've proved my RS232 converter works by using PA Soft through it, but still I can't get this bl**dy Carsoft to read my car!!!

The software seem's to work, well it opens & tries to connect anyway. The lights are on & all green except the "service" light which isn't on (I'm assuming that is because I reset the timer with PA Soft) but all I get is the bad comms / cable message.

I can't try the OBD I conn because I have a 2001 X5 which hasn't got one, apparently!?!

I've ran out of ideas, now I'm stuck... HELP!

I bet it felt nice getting nearly $1 for $1 but thank God your back, that's all I can say!!!

Any advice on my problem, is there anyone on the Gold Coast with a working setup I could try?

David Mc
11-18-2009, 04:58 PM
dankad, the lambda (O2) heater values will vary according to engine and ambient temperature. My M52 runs at 76.44% with the engine warm at an ambient temperature of about 25C.

pigzmickey, you have email.

dkhajavi
11-18-2009, 06:04 PM
OK, I just tried the above and no change for me. No modules and some memory errors when I do a full check, and the same with individuals.

It really seems like it should be working the way it is acting. Any more thoughts? This is getting frustrating now.

P.S. I have the rectangular shaped black box with the 5 or 6 LEDs in line which all light up minus the service reset light. I am using the 20 pin under the hood on my 94' 325IS USA model car. I am also using a USB-Serial adaptor.

Dary

David,

Do you have any ideas for me? Seems like my set-up should be working but just isn't??

Dary

David Mc
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Dary,

From where did you obtain your copy of the software?

dkhajavi
11-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Dary,

From where did you obtain your copy of the software?

I got it from a download site in RAR form if I recall. Do you suggest I start over with another copy? I did verify file count as you recommend but....?

Dary

David Mc
11-19-2009, 07:02 AM
I have emailed you details.

dkhajavi
11-19-2009, 07:11 AM
I have emailed you details.

Thanks David! I will report back after I give it another shot.

Dary

shenecke
11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
David, I am following your install instructions for Carsoft 6.5 but when I get to the service pack install step it comes up necessary files not found and won't finish. Any ideas? My crack files folder has ten files in it.

David Mc
11-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Where did your copy of the software come from, it sounds as though it may be incomplete.

shenecke
11-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I got the software from the download link in this thread.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/7137899/6e9cd794/sharing.html

I re-downloaded the software and tried an install on another computer.
During the 6.5 install I got the error path too long.
During the service pack install I got necessary file not found.
After copying the crack files to the folder there is no file named carsoft just the one named carsoftbmw65.

David Mc
11-20-2009, 07:55 PM
First you need to use WinRAR to decompress the software to the desktop of your computer and carry out the install from there - if not done this way you will get the "path too long" error. The file named carsoftbmw65 is generated by installing SP1 and should be renamed "CARSOFT". Once cracked, you can't re-install SP1, which is the reason SP1 is stalling (it is looking for the original "CARSOFT" file contained in the uncracked software, which would have been deleted whilst you were carrying out the crack procedure). The version from the 4shared site contains the file CARSOFT (i.e. has not been cracked), so if your version already has "carsoftbmw65" it has already been cracked.

If you go to your original installation and just re-name the "CARSOFTBMW65" file as "CARSOFT", the software should run (SP1 has already been installed).

shenecke
11-21-2009, 03:02 PM
David, thanks. The key to the install was uncompressing the files to the desktop. Thanks again. Now where's the best source for the cables and adapter box?

David Mc
11-21-2009, 03:15 PM
There are quite a few Chinese vendors like one stop shop. You can no longer buy the cable sets on EBay.

huskers
11-21-2009, 06:56 PM
please email password for file share to ..... (bmw740il@windstream.net)

rideanddestroy
11-21-2009, 07:38 PM
also pm to me if possible!

chrismgan
11-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Hello- I'm new, but really interested. I'd like to tackle my wifes SRS light problem. Any chance someone would PM me or email with a password to download Carsoft?

Much thanks and I look forward to reading more.

Chris

AgentBimmer
11-24-2009, 11:43 PM
is this it fellas?

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5028067

i'm not sure if the above link includes all the cables necessary...if not, where can i grab the cables...i can probably search for the software...if that link above includes everything then i wouldn't mind the 55 bucks...

lastly will this work on my e34 525i? thanks for the help :)

ab

dkhajavi
11-25-2009, 07:39 PM
David,

I finaly got a chance to get back to the car just now and even after a full reload of Carsoft, from your files, I am in exactly the same position as before (modules not being read, or in limited cases error >read the error memory).

To refresh I am on the following:

XP computer with usb serial adaptor which connects fine and the service reset works with it but that is it.

Car is a 94' 325is USA Coupe race car. The car is chipped, abs deleted, no power windows/doors, no A/C or heat, no trip computer etc...

Car runs fine but sets off the check engine light after 5 mins of run time. I think the O2 is the cause but we are also not getting ABS. I am also not entirely sure the VANOS is working. All the guages are stock and work fine.

Any ideas??

Dary

David Mc
11-26-2009, 04:15 AM
I have encountered USB adaptors that work successfully with PA Soft, but will not work with Carsoft. Provided when you open Carsoft v6.5 and choose "Info about Carsoft" from the "____?____" drop down menu and the software displays version number 6.5.06, the following is the last step to ensure that you are not experiencing a simple settings issue:-

1. From the "Start" menu, choose "Settings" then "Control Panel".
2. Open the "System" Folder and select the "Hardware" Tab, then "Device Manager".
3. Look down the list of devices for "Ports (COM & LPT)" then open that by clicking on the plus sign.
4. Look for the USB to Serial device and its associated COM Port number, remember the COM Port number for the device.

5. Open "Carsoft v6.5" and open the "Diagnosis data" drop down Menu and choose "Setting".
6. Set the COM Port that matches the Port number obtained during Step 4.

7. Finally, re-test the software.

I have a dedicated serial port, so have no experience with what brand of USB adaptor or PCMCIA Card does or doesn't work, but Carsoft's handbook for thier latest software does include installation instructions for an Oxford RS232 PCMCIA and Apiotek RS232 Express Card. I also have a Belkin USB to serial adaptor that I will test with my Carsoft v6.5 and Chinese interface and will report results before the end of this weekend.

dkhajavi
11-26-2009, 10:21 AM
I have encountered USB adaptors that work successfully with PA Soft, but will not work with Carsoft. Provided when you open Carsoft v6.5 and choose "Info about Carsoft" from the "____?____" drop down menu and the software displays version number 6.5.06, the following is the last step to ensure that you are not experiencing a simple settings issue:-

1. From the "Start" menu, choose "Settings" then "Control Panel".
2. Open the "System" Folder and select the "Hardware" Tab, then "Device Manager".
3. Look down the list of devices for "Ports (COM & LPT)" then open that by clicking on the plus sign.
4. Look for the USB to Serial device and its associated COM Port number, remember the COM Port number for the device.

5. Open "Carsoft v6.5" and open the "Diagnosis data" drop down Menu and choose "Setting".
6. Set the COM Port that matches the Port number obtained during Step 4.

7. Finally, re-test the software.

I have a dedicated serial port, so have no experience with what brand of USB adaptor or PCMCIA Card does or doesn't work, but Carsoft's handbook for thier latest software does include installation instructions for an Oxford RS232 PCMCIA and Apiotek RS232 Express Card. I also have a Belkin USB to serial adaptor that I will test with my Carsoft v6.5 and Chinese interface and will report results before the end of this weekend.

I have verified the Port is correct. If it is not I actually get a 'bad connection' error from the software.

I guess what has me perplexed is that I can do the service reset just fine but that is all I can do? Unfortunately my laptop only has USB options (Dell Mini 9). I no longer have a laptop with a serial plug available. The adaptor I am using is a no name brand Chinese unit. Seems to work fine in every way except I still have no modules found.

Can those having working USB to Serial adaptors tell me the brands and hopefully model numbers that have worked? I agree with David that it is likely now down to the adaptor as the culprit.

Dary

MoeMuny
11-30-2009, 09:24 PM
please email password for file share to ..... (mailto:eztech@earthlink.net)
will this work on a e46 as well???

antov
12-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Hello i tried to find something for my problem in all the pages, but with no result.
I'm sorry if it already discussed, please let me know on which page.
The problem is i have CarSoft 6.5 with an interface which is working perfectly with Serial port on a friend's laptop with the same software as mine (i gave to him my software for the test) . My Laptop does not have a serial port and i'm using USB-To-Serial adaptor with drivers "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM1)". The software is ok, cracked and with SP1, when i try to do a diagnose (DME/ME) or with other modules, i just got "Module does not response" and can't let it work, can you please help me ? Thanks for the time and sorry for my bad english
-
Sorry i forgot to tell you my car is BMW E36 M50B25 with OBDI

wilman
12-10-2009, 12:52 AM
where can i download carsoft 6.5?

dkhajavi
12-10-2009, 09:40 AM
OK, guys I have a verified good install, and I have tried two different USB-Serial Adaptors (one a cheap China made unit and a Radio Shack unit) and I cant get the modules to respond. Can anybody with a working USB-Serial please tell me what make and model adaptor you have used so I can buy that unit? I have been working on this for 4 months now without success!! Please help!!

Dary

Fennec
12-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Carsoft works~! I have been able to use a modern computer with an express card (serial adapter). I bought it at Microcenter. Works like a charm. Just make sure you click settings and make sure you are on the right com port.

Scotty89
12-17-2009, 07:47 AM
I can't for the life of me find anywhere to purchase these chinese adapter/interfaces anymore... it seems they have vanished from the ebay and can't be found :(

Anyone got a source on a working interface that is reasonably priced??

Nvm... found one on lightinthebox.com... hope its alright - I'll post back when it arrives...

David Mc
12-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Carsoftwest is selling interfaces for US$59 at the moment. Why would you even bother looking for a Chinese vendor, when you can buy an interface that works that is sold by an authorised distributor?

Virg///M3
12-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Please email password for file share to .....

Thank You "David MC" for all the replies you are doing. Great Job.

Scotty89
12-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Carsoftwest is selling interfaces for US$59 at the moment. Why would you even bother looking for a Chinese vendor, when you can buy an interface that works that is sold by an authorised distributor?

Bit late now....

I looked all over and couldn't find anything. I looked on the carsoft website and they sell interface + software for 295 or just the software for 200...

porka
12-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Guys, not sure what I'm doing wrong here, can get into the 4shared link with the password as in post 607 but that doesn't work for trying to download inpa...

Also, how many more posts before I can use PM ?

Thanks

Update: Ok, finally found it :D

Sharino
12-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Can somebody please send password to bmwparts@dyrland.com

David Mc
12-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Porka, go to the CP and enable your email and PM's.

jaydog34
12-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Okay trying to download the carsoft 6.5 software from the 4shared link and it seams the password works for every thing except that if some one could email the password for the 6.5 software that would be great thanks guys

Wow thanks for the fast reply David you rock

junk2
12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
David Mc,

First off, thanks for the excellent write-up and I just ordered my cables from carsoftwest.. I have the 4 files and not the 10 files as you mentioned in the previous posts.
Can you please send me the password to the rapidshare site.

EDIT: I went through the forum pages and was able to find the password to the site. However, the password for the files is different.

David Mc please help me out!