PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Hoods E36 and E46

smoothracing
07-27-2002, 04:37 AM
Eurocreations Carbon fiber hoods (distributed by VIS) for E36 and E46 2 and 4 door. This excludes the E46 M3 sorry.

You can see pictures at:
http://www.smoothdesigns.com/cf
or
http://www.smoothdesigns.com/cf/images

Prices:

5 for $400 each plus shipping
10 for $375 each plus shipping
20 for $350 each plus shipping

There are no other colors available
There are no vents in any of the hoods
The hoods are not for the E46 M3
The hoods are not for E30's
The hood use all stock hardware such as hinges and washer nozzles, spacers
There is a place for the roundel
The washer nozzles holes are already cut out
You can mount your hood shocks
Hood pins are recommended but not neccessary
You can come by and pick it up to save shipping costs
The cf wraps around and under the hood as seen the in the pics
The hood is clear cloated and uv protected to prevent sun damage
Weight around 15 pounds
Reinforced frame under hood
The hoods are guarranteed to fit

Shipping is $110 anywhere in the US. The reason for this is because it is an oversized package and the insurance. If you ship more than one hood to the same place you can save on shipping. You can also pay 0 shipping if you pick it up at VIS.

All payments will go to VIS. Once I have enough people confirmed they will recieve a Group Purchase number and a contact at VIS to call. Once all the confirmed parties have paid the items will ship

Email me with any questions
If you would like to confirm an order send me an email with your model and year and something stating that you are confirming your order.

I do not check my pm here so please send email

james@smoothdesigns.com

Erik@EDGE
07-28-2002, 09:32 PM
You say in your post that the hoods have NO vents and HAVE the holes cut for the washers. In all of the pics I saw, the hoods have the normal coupe-style vents and DO NOT have any washer holes.

What's the deal? Also, what is VIS? what else do you carry? You guys are right down the road. Let me know, thanks

smoothracing
07-29-2002, 12:59 PM
The hood you were looking at was an E46 coupe hood which doesnt have a washer nozzle cut out. If you look at all the pics you will see some E36 coupe hoods with the washer nozzle cut outs. Hope this clears it up.

I live in Fremont. VIS is in southern cali. I am just organizing this gb.

www.visracing.com

John (PA)
08-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Condition of Sale: All sales are final and all products sold by Vis Racing Sports (The Seller) are sold "as is" to the Buyer.

On first page of website. :az:

Nice stuff though.

themadhatter
08-05-2002, 03:02 PM
I've seen the E36 hood in person. it's flawless, I'd buy one myself if I was keeping my E36.

It's a fiberglass wrapped hood, but the weave is the best I've ever seen.

jsp98m3
08-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Where in SoCal?

smoothracing
08-05-2002, 03:18 PM
Here is the address:

400 East Garvey AVE
Monterey Park, CA 91755

BBMGuy83
08-12-2002, 02:41 PM
For anyone worried about how it look on the car, I should be recieving mine this week, If all goes well I will post pics for you all on my 1997 blk m3

twentyfourseven
08-13-2002, 01:46 PM
WOW

Those things are beautiful.

Question tho:
If a CF part is scratched or cracked, how is it repaired.
Is it even possible to repair given that there is this built-in weave pattern that would need to be matched?

Thanks

guc32
08-13-2002, 03:57 PM
Do you have any pics where the hood shocks connects to? Want to see how thick it is there. So it wont crack with hood shocks, right?

Would we pick up from your place in fremont or pick it up from VIS?

IMAGE&STYLE
08-15-2002, 02:27 PM
These carbon fiber hoods are not repairable, no carbon fiber hood is repairable.

Why?

b/c how will you re insert the weave?

Also dont worry guys, VISRACING IS A VERY REPUTABLE Company. Although somtimes it takes a while for their stuff to come in.......

Hammm3
08-15-2002, 02:43 PM
What is the price at now?

Themadhatter have you seen the one from VIS?

EMC
08-15-2002, 03:39 PM
There are pics of my VIS carbon fiber hood posted on dtmpower.net in the FOR SALE section. Just go to the last page of the CF Hood Group Buy and they should be there.

If you get some major scratches in the hood, you can repair them. Even cracks can be repaired. No different than how the guys would fix a surf board.

If it still looks like crap after repair, just have it painted. It will still be a bit lighter than your steel hood.

Take Care,
Eric
95 330ti
95 M332i

IMAGE&STYLE
08-15-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by EMC
There are pics of my VIS carbon fiber hood posted on dtmpower.net in the FOR SALE section. Just go to the last page of the CF Hood Group Buy and they should be there.

If you get some major scratches in the hood, you can repair them. Even cracks can be repaired. No different than how the guys would fix a surf board.

If it still looks like crap after repair, just have it painted. It will still be a bit lighter than your steel hood.

Take Care,
Eric
95 330ti
95 M332i

How can you repair the hood if its cracked through and through? I mean cracked stright in half or in 10 pieces? Even a little crack....?

EMC
08-16-2002, 01:45 AM
You can repair them the same way you would repair a boat that was damaged. It's not a big deal. At the worst, you would have to repair the hood and then have it painted.

Most carbon fiber hoods are made with a polyester resin, not the epoxy resin in a true carbon fiber part (e.g. F1 cars).

With the polyester, you can repair them with fiberglass and they will be just fine.

Just trust me, if the hood is not REALLY F'ed up, then you can repair it.

Take Care,
Eric
95 330ti
95 M332i