PDA

View Full Version : X5 air suspension inactive

finchy
04-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Hi guys ,

I wondered if you could help a brit in need.

My 2001 x5 4.4i sport recently took some water on-board ( long story )
The area that was saturated was the lower Part of the luggage compartment where the battery is situated.
Consequently the radio and video control modules were damaged beyond repair , along with the self leveling device ( basically a relay for the air suspension).After getting to work stright away with the contact cleaner and a hair dryer i then replaced this device. I am glad to say that all sysems have returned to normal apart from that I now have self level susp inactive message (previously i had nothing although the car was resting on the bump stops) and the suspension is still in the down position.
The Air bag light is now on and i cannot get a diagnostic reading from the airbag.
Is there any way to reset or am i gonna have to take it in the tailpipe from the main dealers.

Any help greatly recieved

Liam

WhiteE30
04-06-2005, 12:18 PM
about the levelling, most likely the control unit took a dump, it goes back there next to the battery, if it gets wet, it's done, but your airbag light might not be related to that, I know that either the sensor mat in the seats or the seat belt tensioner goes out a lot in these cars, the best way to tell is to go to the dealer and grab one of their techs and ask him how much he would charge you for hooking it up to the gt1, they usually do it on the side.

finchy
04-06-2005, 01:22 PM
yes the self leveling device ( control unit) was totaled but i've since replaced it with a new one. I believe its gone into some sort of fail-safe mode that appears to be only resetable by the dealer. As i don't see any reason why i shouldn't be back up and running.

Cheers Liam

WhiteE30
04-06-2005, 02:02 PM
because once you change those thing you have to recode the car to tell it it has a new one.