PDA

View Full Version : Rain-x Line !

M3fun43
01-06-2005, 08:54 AM
How do you get rid of that line that forms at the end of the pass. wiper stroke? It is quite annoying and dangerous.

JohnHung
01-06-2005, 09:36 AM
how is it dangerous

M3fun43
01-06-2005, 09:57 AM
how is it dangerous
it's there, top to bottom in view.

mmzcee
01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
only way to remove rain x i heard of is rubbing alcohol.

gh0st
01-07-2005, 02:18 AM
How do you get rid of that line that forms at the end of the pass. wiper stroke? It is quite annoying and dangerous.

same for my car...i'd like to know too. the rain-x causes it?

M3fun43
01-07-2005, 08:49 AM
It is extremely annoying, I really like the product but that line is distracting.

JohnHung
01-07-2005, 09:17 AM
post pics

cosM3os
01-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Read the mouse's sign in your own sig! :D

surfacewound
01-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Rubbing alcohol or ammonia should be able to get it off. If not, rubber cement thinner should eat through damn near anything. :D

hc1001
01-07-2005, 06:15 PM
clay the window if all else fails?

JohnHung
01-07-2005, 07:24 PM
get a new windshield.

hal9000
01-08-2005, 04:00 AM
It's probally not due to rain-x. I'm guessing the windshield has been "polished" by the wiper blades to the point that you're seeing a discontinuity. You can try glass polish to get it level, but I'm guessing you're looking at a new windshield.

liquidtiger720
01-09-2005, 12:11 AM
It's probally not due to rain-x. I'm guessing the windshield has been "polished" by the wiper blades to the point that you're seeing a discontinuity. You can try glass polish to get it level, but I'm guessing you're looking at a new windshield.

I agree with hal.

AlfaEric
01-09-2005, 02:15 AM
If it is what I'm thinkin it is, it's probably a line builtup from the wipers and rainx. Giving the windshield a good cleaning (removing all the old layers of rainx) will probably fix it. It will return over time though.

---Eric

Steve530
01-11-2005, 12:57 AM
M3fun43 is right, the passenger side wiper will leave a line at the end of the wiper sweep. I think the wiper removes the RainX. That would explain why there is an area above and below the wiper sweep that looks different, too.

The best way to remove the lines is to remove the RainX, but you might try re-applying RainX. I think rubbing alcohol will remove RainX, surely acetone or toluene will work. A good scrubbing will also help.

I'm not real fond of RainX, but I use it on the back and side windows. It lasts a long time there. On the windshield, it's a maintenance program - 1)apply, 2)strip, 3) go to 1).

MoyMch
01-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Any autoglass shop will be able to clean and buff your winshield to remove small scratches caused by the wipers. Rain-X is good when its new but as it wears off it starts to streak. Not a good thing at night with lights from on coming traffic.

breezethrusd
01-28-2005, 01:18 AM
use alchohol
works great

Bread
01-28-2005, 01:25 AM
This line is present on many cars that do not use rain-x as well. It's from the wiper blades leaving residue over time.

Glass polish is probably the only way.

GuapOh
01-31-2005, 11:36 PM
Best solution is also the most fun: shatter the window and insert new glass.

25 cents please.

baigeman
02-13-2005, 04:05 PM
I have a brand new windshield and I rain Xed it and then filled up the windshield washer fluid with rain x liquid.

IT IS DEFINITELY THE RAIN X

There is just something about the chemicals in it that leaves a residue. hopefully it will clear up when i stop using the rainx in the washer fluid.

I grabbed a paper towel and rubbed the window down real well and it disappeared. (until i hit the washer fluid next)

Plus the rain x only really helps when you are going 50 + otherwise i still need the wipers

-Jim

WRX4meAllright
02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
So that's what it is.

Grey Phox
02-13-2005, 06:48 PM
What about taking all the rain-x off and getting new wiper blades. Then re-apply the rain-x. Make sure you take it off real good and when you apply it rub it in real good. HTH

liquidtiger720
02-13-2005, 06:58 PM
i havent tried it yet, but aquapel is suppose to be 10x better than rain x

WRX4meAllright
02-13-2005, 07:40 PM
I think I'm gonna try that.

Bread
02-14-2005, 11:17 PM
I have a brand new windshield and I rain Xed it and then filled up the windshield washer fluid with rain x liquid.

IT IS DEFINITELY THE RAIN X

There is just something about the chemicals in it that leaves a residue. hopefully it will clear up when i stop using the rainx in the washer fluid.

I grabbed a paper towel and rubbed the window down real well and it disappeared. (until i hit the washer fluid next)

Plus the rain x only really helps when you are going 50 + otherwise i still need the wipers

-Jim

You put it in your washer fluid tank? :lol Crazy man.

Don't put rain-x on your front windshield. It works good on the side/rear windows. But the wiper blades only smear it around on the front windshield causing the blades to chatter,squeek, and blur the glass. It's a terrible product for windshields.

The best thing you can do for your windshield is keep those greasy products off of it. Keep it clean and free of rubber buildup for the best vision. If you've ever bought a new car and used the windshield wipers, it will be clear that a clean windshield with good wiper blades is the answer to good vision in the rain.

Also, don't run your wiper blades on a dry windshield. This causes rubber buildup much more quickly because there is no water to lubricate the movement. It drives me nuts when it's only slightly sprinkeling outside and people have their windshiled wipers on full speed as if they're caught in a monsoon. You can literally see the blades streaking the glass.