PDA

View Full Version : Power window problem on 325is..

JBoz
12-30-2001, 05:09 PM
The passenger side window on my 93 325is is not working. It does not roll down and does not open slightly when I open the door. The fuse is fine. I can hear a "click" in the door when I hit the switch, and the lights dim a bit, so I think there is power going into the system. I pulled off the door panel yesterday to check things out to see if there was any obvious mechanical probs, but everything looked ok. Prior to it not functioning at all, it would be intermittent. Any ideas? Maybe the motor? Thanks & Happy new year!

1993 325is
61 K miles
no history of electrical probs, except for a new alternator

cleoent
05-02-2004, 04:14 PM
did you ever find out what caused this?

Jobe
01-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Bump.. exact same issue here. It just stopped working all the sudden and I hear a *click* from the door when pressing the switch and the lights dim. I swapped switches and there was no change, and the fuse is fine.

Over the weekend I'm going to pull the door panel off and unplug/plug the motor if I can. Otherwise I'm guessing it's dead :dunno:

ExCape
01-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Seriously, try pulling the fuse out and putting a new one in, even if it looks fine. I had the same problem, did this and accidently put the wrong fuse back in (same size ne way) and it all of a sudden worked. My previous fuse even tested out ok.