Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my UUC TME's installed...

My Cars
    97 Artic Silver M3

Got my UUC TME's installed...

I went with the black bushings because I did not want a lot of vibration..took only about 15 minutes on the lift at work...very easy install. Just by looking at the stock mounts I can tell that these would be a huge improvement...I know people say that it helps with smoother shifts. I didn't really notice a huge difference...maybe once I get the UUC EVOIV installed I will. Anyways to sum it all up..its a really easy mod, worth the money, and only takes about 15 mins to put in.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    It took me a while longer since I had only a few inches from my chest to the underside of the car.
    I felt an immediate difference in shifting and overall feel.

My Cars
    97 Artic Silver M3
    yeah luckily I have access to a lift at work and I could stand under my car....I'm sure it would have taken longer if that wasn't the case

BBS diamond graphite RGR's,Toyo T1R'sH&R coilovers,Stromung exhaust, Euro clears, X-Brace, Reiger CF front lip, Benfer CF CAI, UUC TME's, Understeer SSK, Optima Red Top Battery, ACS pedals, ZKW Euro Ellipsoids, Xtec 6000k HID, Germanwerkz aluminum underpanel Future Mods...turbo.

My Cars
    E30ic:f350CCDRW:999:Dc2
    So i take it you both are very happy with the upgrade from the originals. I was debating whether I should do it or not!

My Cars
    1997 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by sullen723
    ...maybe once I get the UUC EVOIV installed...
    : An EVO IV?

Anyway, I upgraded to the red bushings last August, and I did notice a significant difference in the overall tightness of shifting during spirited driving. And for me, there wasn't any increase in vibrations or noise by using the red bushings, fyi.

My Cars
    97 Artic Silver M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ////\/\ark
    : An EVO IV?

Anyway, I upgraded to the red bushings last August, and I did notice a significant difference in the overall tightness of shifting during spirited driving. And for me, there wasn't any increase in vibrations or noise by using the red bushings, fyi.
    sorry...meant EVO 3

BBS diamond graphite RGR's,Toyo T1R'sH&R coilovers,Stromung exhaust, Euro clears, X-Brace, Reiger CF front lip, Benfer CF CAI, UUC TME's, Understeer SSK, Optima Red Top Battery, ACS pedals, ZKW Euro Ellipsoids, Xtec 6000k HID, Germanwerkz aluminum underpanel Future Mods...turbo.

My Cars
    Yamaha R6, Avus E36, MBZ C230
    im about to install my RED's hopefully they make a diffrence.

-phill F.- 10/95 Avus E36

My Cars
    2008 M5
    a world of difference IMO vs. stock. everyone should have these things on there if they ever plan to redline their cars. period.
    '08 M5 Sepang Bronze/Portland - Modded-
    '11 328i M Sport Le Manns Blue/Oyster - wifeymobile
    '02 525i Touring Alpine White/Sand - Getting modded
    '06 Mini Cooper JCW GP#1281 - SOLD
    '10 MiniCooper S Laurel Sport Edition 1/100 - SOLD
    '99 M Coupe Laguna Seca Blue/Black - highly modded SOLD
    '04 4.8is X5 Estoril/Black Alcantara - modded SOLD
    '01 740i Shorty Sport - TiAg/Blk - SOLD
    '98 M3/2 Cosmos - Modded SOLD
    '97 M3/4 Alpine - stock SOLD

My Cars
    '97 ///M3, FB RX-7 (RIP)
    I also want to do this mod but can't decide on the black or red. So is there much difference between these? I don't want too much vibration. Is it noticable from the red or black? Thanks.

My Cars
    2006Toyota Tacoma, 1998Honda SuperHawk, 3dirtbikes
    Quote Originally Posted by eXpLiCiT
    I also want to do this mod but can't decide on the black or red. So is there much difference between these? I don't want too much vibration. Is it noticable from the red or black? Thanks.
    I don't know the difference between red and black, but I went with the red w/ TME and I am completely happy, I'd suggest the same.
    (On going to war over religion) "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Rich Jeni

My Cars
    '97 ///M3, FB RX-7 (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by ponq
    I don't know the difference between red and black, but I went with the red w/ TME and I am completely happy, I'd suggest the same.
    So you didn't notice any extra noise or vibration after the install?

My Cars
    2006Toyota Tacoma, 1998Honda SuperHawk, 3dirtbikes
    Quote Originally Posted by eXpLiCiT
    So you didn't notice any extra noise or vibration after the install?
    I tiny bit noise.

If I was concerned with what little noise there is, I'm sure if I loosened and retorqued the mounts I could remove the noise completely.
    (On going to war over religion) "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Rich Jeni

My Cars
    m3
    You guys might as well go with the red. I have them think they are great, no real vibraition to speak of.

My Cars
    08 E92 M3
    I just ordered a set of balck and cant wait to get them installed they shuold be great with my EVO3.

My Cars
    95' m3; 02' gsxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by Pchap5
    I just ordered a set of balck and cant wait to get them installed they shuold be great with my EVO3.

where did you order yours from. i'm still waiting for a set i ordered in january

My Cars
    2003 AW/Black M3
    Quote Originally Posted by riz75
    where did you order yours from. i'm still waiting for a set i ordered in january
    Contact Jon Caldito at www.MPerformance.com He got me mine in a matter of days!
    <font face="century gothic"><b><font size="2">2003 Alpine White M3...</font></b>
    <font face="century gothic"><b><font size="1"></font></b><br />
    The infamous "Paul E." and I after some detailing...

My Cars
    99 M3 Titanium Silver
    I have both, the reds are in right now and the blacks are sitting in the garage waiting to be put in. When I installed the reds I also did an x-brace, SSK, and a Dinan rear brace. I did notice more in cabin noise so I ordered the blacks and will put those in and see if the noise gets reduced. I will post what my findings are when I do.
    Tony
    1999 Titanium Silver M3
    -Dinan Strut Brace
    -Dinan Rear Strut Brace
    -Dinan CAI
    -Dinan Program
    -UUC Red TME Kit
    -UUC Clutch Stop
    -X-Brace
    -UnderSteer SSK

My Cars
    99 M3 Titanium Silver
    One more thing..... if your looking for TMEs go to www.understeer.com for fast shipping and a great guy to deal with. I highly recomend him.
    1999 Titanium Silver M3
    -Dinan Strut Brace
    -Dinan Rear Strut Brace
    -Dinan CAI
    -Dinan Program
    -UUC Red TME Kit
    -UUC Clutch Stop
    -X-Brace
    -UnderSteer SSK

My Cars
    Yamaha R6, Avus E36, MBZ C230
    i just installed my red's today... i do feel some vibration, and cabin noise... im going to try to retorque them tommorow... i think i went to tight. hopefully that eliminates it somewhat.

-phill F.- 10/95 Avus E36

My Cars
    2014 C63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by RUQKENF
    I have both, the reds are in right now and the blacks are sitting in the garage waiting to be put in. When I installed the reds I also did an x-brace, SSK, and a Dinan rear brace. I did notice more in cabin noise so I ordered the blacks and will put those in and see if the noise gets reduced. I will post what my findings are when I do.
    Tony
    I'll wait for your results on these...I need to get these ASAP.

I'll PM you if you don't start a thread...

My Cars
    none
    my reds with enforcer cups were too much for me...i felt a ton of vibration and NHV when reving the motor so i took them out and sold them (even after torquing everything back down to only 17 ft/lbs)...I'll be purchasing the black ones soon with no cups...

My Cars
    99 M3 Titanium Silver
    I am switching the red out for the black some time this week. I am using the billet enforcers also.
    Tony
    1999 Titanium Silver M3
    -Dinan Strut Brace
    -Dinan Rear Strut Brace
    -Dinan CAI
    -Dinan Program
    -UUC Red TME Kit
    -UUC Clutch Stop
    -X-Brace
    -UnderSteer SSK

My Cars
    '95 M3 '00 M Coupe
    i have a LTW flywheel any recomendations? bc i alreadY have the chatter.

any write up on the install. ive read some and it seems to me that it will take longer than 15 mins.

My Cars
    97 Artic Silver M3
    I installed the black ones and there is no noise vibration from what I can tell..I have heard from some people that the red bushings create a little bit of in-cabin noise.

My Cars
    99 M3 Titanium Silver
    Everybody saying that they have not experienced noise with reds or blacks please post if you are using the enforcers also and exactly what color you are using.
    Thanks,
    Tony
    1999 Titanium Silver M3
    -Dinan Strut Brace
    -Dinan Rear Strut Brace
    -Dinan CAI
    -Dinan Program
    -UUC Red TME Kit
    -UUC Clutch Stop
    -X-Brace
    -UnderSteer SSK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast