Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M3 vs. SRT4 ... a small rematch

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Thumbs up M3 vs. SRT4 ... a small rematch

Leaving work yesterday, I'm hustling to make it to the post office before they close. As I leave work, I see a black SRT4... so I'm closing the gap ever so slowly while we make our way out of the complex.

By the time we make it to the main road, I'm right behind him. I pull wide to his left and it's the guy from before (there is a thread on the board about our last run). Suddenly... my rushing the post office is curtailed as we line up. Line up number one. He hits it... I drop 2nd and hit it... I get destroyed! Damn... traction control came on.

I regain my ground, but we have to calm down because of traffic. However, due to the time of day, it's getting packed because of traffic ... so we both cool our jets.

Then we get another chance to line up on the highway... mmmm, highway power . We line up about 50mph in 3rd gear (could've done 2nd gear, but the gear change probably would have hurt more than helped).

We hit it... I'm a little down on power and the car struggles momentarily so the SRT4 pulls some... but then the power comes on. M3 highway power starts to take the lead and by the time we shut it down... the SRT4 is about at passenger door.

SRT4 is definitely no slouch... it's definitely going to give my car a run for the money after some more mods are done. The mod list of the SRT4 is listed below. He's got plans of doing more mods in the near future...

Gotta give props to such a affordable fast car... oh... and damn, the exhaust on the SRT4 sounds pretty damn good too. While I was following him around for a while... thing was making all sorts of cool turbo sounds.

SRT4
    02 Housing
    3" downpipe to stock catback
    15lbs of boost (drops to 11psi of boost at redline)
    K&N filter
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '95 968; '88 924S
    I'm going to be bummed if one of those things ever kill me
    Tim (former bimmers, 95 and 03 M3s; I'm currently visiting the dark side)
    Current rides: Daily driver - '95 968; Track beast - '88 924S3 (924S chassis; 968 engine; S2 tranny/diff)

My Cars
    M3, 335i, X5, IS300
    nice run
    2002 IS 300
    2005 X5
    2008 335i

My Cars
    SRT4 - Supra TT
    hehe, good run man, I love how your M3 looks Hopefully we can work on those headers :

Check out BilletDesign.com the #1 Source for custom parts

My Cars
    kev, goin' for a lil' payback...

My Cars
    s62, 2JZ
    ^ Desperately holding onto the title by a hair.

Pocket rockets - damn them

Ahh the beauty of an FI engine, miss the old days.

My Cars
    1991 E34 M5
    BMW needs to make a factory 250 hp Mini.
    Damn SRT 4.

click for full size

1991 E34 M5 Dinan Stage3 Suspension, Konis, Dinan Cam Gears and Software, Kelleners Strut Bar, Staggered 8-9in Polished Throwing Stars, Header Back Custom Exhaust with Eisenmann 83mm Race Muffler, Front and Rear K-40 Radar, Passenger Canyon Puke Bags
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake View Post
    you're just mad cause e34 m5's will leave 100 foot strips of rubber in front of your house, while hauling a couple of dogs and some groceries, and still enough room to bang your wife in the back seat.

My Cars
    2006 330i,05 Cbr 1000rr,Mercedes C320
    BlackBird,

Is the SRT-4's engine the same as the PT Cruiser Turbo engine?
    M3 gone 2006 330i (Premium, Sport, and I-Drive package)

www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552465

My Cars
    2.8, 3.2, 600cc
    I'm not ready for fast neons................

Damnit, I'm gonna need some boost before Voyagers start handing me my rear end

My Cars
    turbo e36 m3/ stock s50/e30 m3
    What year srt was it? I was a passenger in an 04 last week, and let me tell you, that car has balls. With the driver and three passengers, it still has that throw back to the seat torque. It felt very similiar to my car.

96 M3, GT4094R, Arrow Rods, CP Pistons, Elring HG, cutring 87mm, 10 mm ARP studs,MS3pro, EMC Intercooler, n54 6 speed with Motiv twin disk, ZT-2 wideband, Zionsville Radiator, X-brace, H&R springs with bilstien shocks, QTP electronic cutout, Line Locks, stock exhaust 455rwtq, 453rwhp at 14 psi 91 octane.......684rwtq, 681rwhp at 24 psi running flex fuel E60 at time of dyno tune.

My Cars
    bimmuh
    Originally posted by BlackBird
    hehe, good run man, I love how your M3 looks Hopefully we can work on those headers :
    is that the stock body kit for the SRT-4? It looks better than all the other ones I've seen.. do I dare say.. it actually looks good.. maybe it's just the black.. because every SRT-4 i've seen as been yellow or once that blue one that kept driving around a parking lot "car show" trying to be an attention whore...:
    Don't like my driving? Get off the sidewalk!

My Cars
    cars
    Originally posted by BlkDinanM3
    BlackBird,

pretty much yes
    the tranny isnt though

My Cars
    SRT4 - Supra TT
    Originally posted by BlkDinanM3
    BlackBird,

Yes the engine is the same exact thing as the PT cruiser, however the tranny is totally different. This engine has been tested well over 800 hp on the stock internals (crank / rods and pistons)

Originally posted by m3boost
    What year srt was it? I was a passenger in an 04 last week, and let me tell you, that car has balls. With the driver and three passengers, it still has that throw back to the seat torque. It felt very similiar to my car.
    Mine is a 2003, I really hate it that I didn't wait for the 04's because they come standard with an LSD.

Originally posted by Iniquity
    is that the stock body kit for the SRT-4? It looks better than all the other ones I've seen.. do I dare say.. it actually looks good.. maybe it's just the black.. because every SRT-4 i've seen as been yellow or once that blue one that kept driving around a parking lot "car show" trying to be an attention whore... :
    Yes that is 100 % stock body, actually I did added something new that is not in my signature..

It gives it a more agreesive look than stock IMO.

Thanks for the props everyone

Check out BilletDesign.com the #1 Source for custom parts

My Cars
    328CI
    Originally posted by WannaM
    ^ Desperately holding onto the title by a hair.

Pocket rockets - damn them

Ahh the beauty of an FI engine, miss the old days.
    What's worse are rice rockets that can outrun Ferraris and Vipers!!!

My Cars
    s62, 2JZ
    Mean looking little Neon.

"Evil Neon"

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i
    Originally posted by Lemming
    I'm going to be bummed if one of those things ever kill me
    Why? Because its cheap? Because its fast? Because it’s a Dodge? Because its not a BMW?

Too many people get caught up in those pesky details. You couldhave bought one, but you didn’t. Why? *lets him think of the answer…..

That’s why

PS – its funny that your screen name is Lemming You have chosen not to do what everyone else has; kudos

My Cars
    08 535i, 95 540 MSport
    Yes the engine is the same exact thing as the PT cruiser, however the tranny is totally different. This engine has been tested well over 800 hp on the stock internals (crank / rods and pistons)

Mine is a 2003, I really hate it that I didn't wait for the 04's because they come standard with an LSD.

Yes that is 100 % stock body, actually I did added something new that is not in my signature..

It gives it a more agreesive look than stock IMO.

Thanks for the props everyone

Awsome!!!! I am a fan of the Srt4...my neice is torn between this and the mini.....I am trying to sway her to this then I can have some fun... but nice car man .....and they are nimble

My Cars
    SRT4 - Supra TT
    Originally posted by e34biturbo
    Awsome!!!! I am a fan of the Srt4...my neice is torn between this and the mini.....I am trying to sway her to this then I can have some fun... but nice car man .....and they are nimble
    Hehe, yea they are fun cars to drive.. I can't wait till stage 2 hits the shelfs... them things will be very fun

BTW aren't you the guy that ran that yellow porsche?? Good runs man, I saw the video

My Cars
    1997 Z3 1.9L DASC; 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
    WIth a $55 dollar "manual boost controller" he will pull on you, with his current set up (he needs to complete his exhaust, however) :
    Mopar Stage 2 he will walk on you... Too bad these things a fwd. But, for the $ there is NoThing better out there.

4-BNGR
    1997 Z3 1.9L - Downing Atlanta Super Charger,Rspeed Check Valve,VDO Boost Gague,Custom Panel,NGK Plugs,SS CatBack Exhaust,Dinan CAI,Ron Stygar Short Shifter,Ron Stygar Clutch Stop,Alpine CD Tuner,MBQ 5.25" Drivers
    2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII - 6.5 RS TME conversion

My Cars
    08 535i, 95 540 MSport
    Hehe, yea they are fun cars to drive.. I can't wait till stage 2 hits the shelfs... them things will be very fun

BTW aren't you the guy that ran that yellow porsche?? Good runs man, I saw the video

yes ......thanks

My Cars
    328CI
    Originally posted by ///MDex
    Why? Because its cheap? Because its fast? Because it’s a Dodge? Because its not a BMW?

Too many people get caught up in those pesky details. You couldhave bought one, but you didn’t. Why? *lets him think of the answer…..

That’s why

PS – its funny that your screen name is Lemming You have chosen not to do what everyone else has; kudos
    It's the same reason if a Ferrari owner gets killed by a BMW, they say things like, "It's just a BMW, I still own a Ferrrari"

My Cars
    e34 525i
    Someon... sob... please make dodge stop.
    Buy me Boost!

My Cars
    M Roadster
    Originally posted by shmoo
    It's the same reason if a Ferrari owner gets killed by a BMW, they say things like, "It's just a BMW, I still own a Ferrrari"
    ...and they do.
    Someon... sob... please make dodge stop.
    I'm still looking for a Durango to pull up next to me so I can stand up in my seat, look the driver in the eye, and say "tha thang gotta hemi?".

What is really going to suck is when Kia starts making kick ass cars. I'm certain that is one of the signs fortelling the apacolypse.

98 ///M Roadster - Sharked, FDK, twin Magnaflows, UUC Stage II Flywheel, OEM M5 Clutch, UUC TME Red & Enforcers, Zimmerman rotors, Cosmos CAI, ProjectorZs w DDE, 6K HIDs, fatter rubber on the corners, UUC Underdrive Pulleys, and Stewart High Performance water pump

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    actually i think the pt cruiser is powered down by like 15 or 20 hp to 205 hp or something....my friend at home has an srt with a lot of work...we spank m3's and m5's wit 3 people in the car...hell one day in seaside nj he raced a 98 ferarri 355 and spanked it by a car length once he was at around 120 and he let off....car is sick i think he ran a 12.6 or something in the fall when the track was open...cant wait to see it in the spring when the new turbo is dropped in....that car really is insane for 20/21 grand...

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    Model T
    That SRT 4 just screams WRX jr.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast