FastE21
    Crazy Dave
    jbob
    Todd & Greg
    gsxy & wifey (hopefully)
    LukasBMW
    jajja
    (Add yourself)

Sandman Roomies (4 per room will cost about $68 per person...i can book reservations as soon as at least 4 people are on this list):
    FastE21
    jbob
    (Add yourself)

anyone else? Frenoy, Crazy Dave, LukasBMW, jajja??? (i'm assuming gsxy & wifey want their own room )

My Cars
    2011 335xi
    You know Im in on that.

My Cars
    1982 320is
    Bump!

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Well,

It looks like Todd, Greg, Pat, and myself are going to be rooming at the Best Western Pepper Tree Inn.

It's a little more pricey than the Sandman, but it's nice and the parking is good.

Sandman and Pepper Tree aren't far from each other at all, so if you guys figure out rooming situations, we can still book rooms at the same hotel.

Chris

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Chris,

count myself and Missy in for a room.. how much are the rooms??

J

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Well, I'm not exactly sure.

For the 4 of us staying in 1 room it's about 400 for 2 nights.

Here's the link to the information from Travelocity.com

Best Western Pepper Tree Inn

My Cars
    325i M-Tech, 525i
    Well, IMO it's pretty foolish for the rest of us to pay an extra 40 bucks as opposed to staying a couple miles away and saving 40 bucks.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Originally posted by Frenoy
    Well, IMO it's pretty foolish for the rest of us to pay an extra 40 bucks as opposed to staying a couple miles away and saving 40 bucks.
    I agree. I am trying to switch our hotel over to the Sandman and save some cash.

Chris

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3
    Also agreed. As far as I know (and after talking to Todd) the four of us are staying in the Pepper Tree. If you want to save 40 then get reservations in the Sandman. Both are about equidistant to the showgrounds.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Originally posted by jajja
    I agree. I am trying to switch our hotel over to the Sandman and save some cash.

Chris
    Yeah, I was on Joe's computer when I typed this...forgot I was logged on his name.

I would much rather save $40 though...I think everyone else can agree on that as well.

We need to make reservations fairly quick though...time is running out and with the crowd that is coming, space will proabably fill up quick.

My Cars
    81 320i
    Sandman Roomies update:
    FastE21
    jbob
    Crazy Dave
    Frenoy
    'Travis'

Eric, you in on this?

fyi, if we get 2 rooms & have 3 people per room, it'll cost about $90 per person for two nights.

Ventura, Calif. / Scottsdale, Ariz. / Tucson, Ariz
    My Cars
    '96 BMW
    You didn't drive to Phoenix from Santa Barbara in 4.5 hours. That means you AVERAGED OVER 100 miles/hr. I'm not buying it. Especially when you have to stop for gas.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Originally posted by Doglass
    You didn't drive to Phoenix from Santa Barbara in 4.5 hours. That means you AVERAGED OVER 100 miles/hr. I'm not buying it. Especially when you have to stop for gas.
    Hmmm...lets think here.

On this drive back, we had two E46 M3s and a supercharged 330i...oh yes, we averaged speeds of well over 100 mph back to Phoenix. And yes we stopped for gas. Once in Los Angeles and once in Blythe and then we stopped again when we were back on the outskirts of Phoenix.

And Doglass, you are missing the entire point of this thread, so if you're not coming, please refrain from making any posts that are of no relevance to our discussion.

Last edited by AzN_M5; 02-09-2004 at 10:26 AM.

My Cars
    81 320i
    yeah, plus i'm hoping there won't be much excessive speeding on this trip (hehehe, and i think a bunch of us don't feel like getting another speeding ticket at least for another 24 months )
    just a nice & easy long cruise...maybe draft some fast semi trucks for crazy gas mileage

My Cars
    08 335i + 05 Lotus Elise
    Count me out for the room guys. I'll be making my own plans on that one.

I'm definetly in for the drive though. I plan on hitting the rev limiter in 5th gear more then a few times durring the trip.

My Cars
    1982 320is
    well, if we all wanna save $$$, we're gonna need 8 ppl for 2 rooms to max em out.
    think we would be able to squeeze 5 in one ?

Im 100% in as of now for Sandman.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Originally posted by FastE21
    well, if we all wanna save $$$, we're gonna need 8 ppl for 2 rooms to max em out.
    think we would be able to squeeze 5 in one ?

Im 100% in as of now for Sandman.
    Well, we all want to save money, but I don't think we want to be that cheap. Four to a room is the max to be comfortable.

And I'd say it's worth keeping it at that.

Chris

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Originally posted by AzN_M5
    Well, we all want to save money, but I don't think we want to be that cheap. Four to a room is the max to be comfortable.

And I'd say it's worth keeping it at that.

Chris
    damn.. i was hoping to get all nice and snuggly with a few of you.. i figured 8-10 in a room was cool.. hahahaha

My Cars
    2011 335xi
    Its okay Joe, dont listen to Chris, we can fit 8 to 10 in a bed.

My Cars
    2011 335xi
    I'm straight
    I'm not buyin it.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Originally posted by Crazy Dave
    I'm not buyin it.
    : :

Ventura, Calif. / Scottsdale, Ariz. / Tucson, Ariz
    My Cars
    '96 BMW
    AzN_M5, many cars that aren't supercharged M5s or E46 M3s can average 112 miles per hour. I think even a Toyota Corolla can go that fast.

I'm just saying that Santa Barbara is like 470 miles away and with traffic, stops, police, inspection stations, and bathroom breaks, even if you were hitting the rev limiter at 120-155 (way too fucking fast for US roads and other US drivers, by the way) somewhere around Quartzsite, you still wouldn't have made up the time lost.

If a cop pulls you guys over and gives you a ticket, I don't want to hear any whining. Bunch of guys weaving around semis and other slower drivers is an impending disaster.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Dude,

First off, it was our decision to speed.

Second, it doesn't mean that's what we're going to do this year.

Third, do you actually think I kept perfectly accurate time? I was implying that we made it back very quickly. I guarantee we got back back in less than 5.5 hours, and probably more than 4.5.

And yes, we maintained a steady speed of well over 100 mph the entire time. Did we run into cops and slow down some? Yes of course.

And seriously rev limiter at 120?

More like a steady cruise at that speed at like 4,000 rpms in 6th gear.

In any case though, what you and I are talking about here is entirely off topic. How fast we made it back is of no importance to this years bimmerfest. If you want to discuss this with me further, instant message me or pm me. Stop wasting board space.

My Cars
    2011 335xi
    AzN_M5, many cars that aren't supercharged M5s or E46 M3s can average 112 miles per hour. I think even a Toyota Corolla can go that fast.

I'm just saying that Santa Barbara is like 470 miles away and with traffic, stops, police, inspection stations, and bathroom breaks, even if you were hitting the rev limiter at 120-155 (way too fucking fast for US roads and other US drivers, by the way) somewhere around Quartzsite, you still wouldn't have made up the time lost.

If a cop pulls you guys over and gives you a ticket, I don't want to hear any whining. Bunch of guys weaving around semis and other slower drivers is an impending disaster.
    I hate you.

My Cars
    1982 320is
    4 max works for me.. chris snores like a motherfucka...(j/k)

i think that we might have +2 from the E21 section, (attila and CJ) so 2 rooms will work..

lets get them booked asap so we dont lose them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast